DC to "Rebirth" in June - Part 2

Someone's back in tomorrow's WW #37: [BLACKOUT]Darkseid[/BLACKOUT]

Same here. Since I began I never regretted it. I don't get why the sells are so low. I love it. It's a good title.
Well, I mean, is it such a problem ? I mean, not every comics sells a lot. So there is a small fan base, then ok, it's a small fan base.

I think Aquaman suffers the same problem than Superman : Prejudice. People have an idea of what Aquaman is without reading it. And most people only know batman, and mostly batman.
I'm glad they keep going with the character because it's a good comic and each chance I have to talk about the character to someone gives a possibility for this person to read it.

I loved it under Geoff Johns, and it was decent after he left. But the current run has really lost my interest. I skim them now and just can't get myself to read it anymore. I'm going to sit down and do a big read through of the current story at some point to try to get back into it, but it's just lost my interest.

I loved it under Geoff Johns, and it was decent after he left. But the current run has really lost my interest. I skim them now and just can't get myself to read it anymore. I'm going to sit down and do a big read through of the current story at some point to try to get back into it, but it's just lost my interest.

Lol. I’ve absolutely loved the current run and especially the Corum Rath story. It’s been epic as Aquaman should be. However, I’d say that our particular social and political views diverge, so I’d completely see why you’d not find it your cup of tea. Kudos to you for giving it a chance though.

Anyone else enjoying the Super Sons of Tomorrow storyline?

Lol. I’ve absolutely loved the current run and especially the Corum Rath story. It’s been epic as Aquaman should be. However, I’d say that our particular social and political views diverge, so I’d completely see why you’d not find it your cup of tea. Kudos to you for giving it a chance though.

Yeah, I try not to let politics spoil good comics for me, but the Trump election parallels were so blatant that the first few issues of the current story just felt lazy and, to me, annoying. Maybe it's gotten better, and I hope it has, but that really took me out of it. Though truthfully, the writer was losing my interest prior to that... which is weird because he's a good writer whom I tend to enjoy.

The art of Aquaman is absolutely gorgeous,though. You have to admit.

A lot going on in DC Comics right now and very little activity here, which is odd.

Doomsday Clock #2 was excellent.

The Super Sons of Tomorrow arc has been pretty darn fun so far.

Detective Comics, Wonder Woman, both great this week.

Last edited:
The art of Aquaman is absolutely gorgeous,though. You have to admit.

Oh, absolutely. I was stoked when I heard Sejic (I think his name was) was coming on board... which might, in part, also add to my disappointment at the unoriginal storytelling of the first couple issues he was on. He's the main reason I want to give it another shot.

A lot going on in DC Comics right now and very little activity here, which is odd.

Doomsday Clock #2 was excellent.

The Super Sons of Tomorrow arc has been pretty darn fun so far.

Detective Comics, Wonder Woman, both great this week.

Agreed. I still have Detective Comics, Action Comics, Batgirl and Flash on my pulls to read this week, but WW was shocking and Super Sons Of Tomorrow has been a great story, even if using future Tim as a villain seems a bit too soon after the Detective storyline.

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/status/948315498512445441
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
@BRIANMBENDIS

Daniel Craig voice: 'Agent Bendis, reporting for duty.' today is the day! I am officially a member of the @DCComics family (I'm still working on my last marvel's because December was not my friend) thank you all for making this surreal journey so much fun. art by @Oeming
DSkXjGRVMAAGuUW.jpg
I'm really curious to see what his first contributions will be.

Totally thought that was a swastika behind his head upon first glance.

I'm reading volume 4 of Detective Comics, the story that focuses on Azrael. Was the Suit of Sorrows [blackout] always written to be an advanced AI? Or is that new for this story? [/blackout]

Yes, in fact you're more precise than me here and you're right. I loved it under Geoff Johns but it was still ok with the new 52. The new run of rebirth is quite cool and I love the political aspect of it (acting as a king, dealing with other nations and all) but I think it's not enough. Maybe it's the geek in me, but I don't think Aquaman stories should be only about politics. I wish I'd see some old superhero stuff and mystical stuff as well.
And I agree with you, Aquaman lost its appeal during the last run when he's disappeared, back with the beard, dealing with Atlantis thugs.
and, surprisingly enough, I don't like stjepan sejic's art. It's too blurry, too unclear.

I gotta say... I think King is really starting to hit his stride on Batman. That's like 4 straight great issues. I lOVED this most recent issue. Very good.

And I agree with you, Aquaman lost its appeal during the last run when he's disappeared, back with the beard, dealing with Atlantis thugs.
and, surprisingly enough, I don't like stjepan sejic's art. It's too blurry, too unclear.

I think it looks good, but it's definitely not what I was expecting. I was expecting something more like his Witchblade stuff. Something like this:

witchblade149_p3.jpg

I find Sejic’s art to be phenomenal and I love what he’s doing with Aquaman. Plus I’m loving this arc.

As to King’s Batman, he had a few issues that were pretty good. I liked the Annual and The Superfriends issues. But this last one was dreary and utterly boring and predictable.

Oomph! Babilly's back to not feeling King! I was concerned after the annual you had changed on me!

Lol. It was a matter of time.

I will say that I love what King is doing with Mr Miracle. It just doesn’t work with Batman.

I've pretty much been enjoying King's Batman all along.

0LLOlHd.gif

Kings batman is glorified fanfiction.
How batman fans can read the issues and go: yeah this is a guy who gets the batman universe, is beyond me.

But some people liked new 52 superman...so everything is possible.

I dont need to read it, if others enjoy them then so be it.

Same here. I mean, it's not the best Batman I've ever read... but I've enjoyed it. Detective is far better though.

Detective is hard to beat. But I'm partial to Bat-family books anyway.

Mm...Detective's last good arc IMO was the Lady Shiva one...and even that one started to falter the longer it went on. Lonely Place of Living started so well, and it didn't do it for me once we got to the rest of the arc.

Also, both books have been requiring me to not question big things and just ignore them, like in Batman's arc where Catwoman and Batman went over to that forbidden Middle East country [BLACKOUT]we where told there would be inescapable repercussions for them breaking a law even the JL couldn't be pardoned from, and the by the next arc, nothing happens. Hell, Bats and Cats even go out on a date with Superman, the guy who was supposed to bring them in after crossing over into the forbidden country[/BLACKOUT], or how Spoiler has been rebelling against the Gotham Knights and even [BLACKOUT]joined up with Anarky, but once Tim comes back, we just fast forward ahead to see everything's been forgiven off-panel, I'm assuming?[/BLACKOUT]

I'll agree that the last point regarding Spoiler kinda irritated me as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"