Legends of Tomorrow DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 1 Episode 10: "Progeny"

herolee10

No More Miracles
Reaction score
legends-of-tomorrow-tv-show-poster-01-600x350.jpg

Rip (Arthur Darvill) tells the team they are headed to the future to take out a powerful ally that Savage (guest star Casper Crump) needs in order to conquer the world. However, when Rip reveals the ally is a 14 year-old boy (guest star Cory Gruter-Andrew) who will one day grow into an evil dictator, the team is split about the morality of killing a child, even if it does save the world. Meanwhile, Sara (Caity Lotz) talks Snart (Wentworth Miller) through a rough patch and Ray (Brandon Routh) learns something that could impact his future with Kendra (Ciara Renée). David Geddes directed the episode written by Phil Klemmer and Marc Guggenheim.

TV PROMO
[YT]KdmNRrX7mLE[/YT]

promo looks good. Should be a nice episode.

Very decent episode tobight. The stuff with kendra having visions of past was handled well. It was also nice to see past carter in the episode too. And we still see she feels for carter. So drama there for ray relationship.

Thr stuff with ray thinking he may have had a kid and what not was funny and to find out it was his brother and his brother did with his tech was interesting. The stuff with mick and the future evil kid was interesting. And the reveal at end with the hunters looks cool. And next week finally Jonah hex.

Per Degaton is a century late, isn't he?
the show is doing it's own thing time wise . anyway and the lesson Rip learned a was to go with you first instinct and always kill the would be Genocidal dictator before he becomes it.

Too bad the shows ( runners )wouldn't allow the option offered to mick for this kid . kid nap the kid and teach him to be a hero instead. turn him to another path.

yeah the kidnapping part. I'll admit is wrong, but they could have shown the kid what he was going to be was the wrong path and show him he had another option and may beshow him what will actually happen to his older self fallowing savages path. the kid should think for him self.

yeah there's always that saying knowing too much about your own future isn't good. But in his case.

Rip Hunter = Per Degaton ?

With "Rip Hunter" not being his real name, the fact that he always knew that one time and place where he could find Savage, and the way the Time Masters kidnap bad guys and brainwash them...

Another epic fail for the team.

Man, they really need to teach Renée how to throw a punch. She just looks really unconvincing in a brawl. Or is it just me? She just seems way too slow, the way she throws those big, wide swings. Which seems to be her go to move. Give her a mace already.

the show is doing it's own thing time wise . anyway and the lesson Rip learned a was to go with you first instinct and always kill the would be Genocidal dictator before he becomes it.

Too bad the shows ( runners )wouldn't allow the option offered to mick for this kid . kid nap the kid and teach him to be a hero instead. turn him to another path.

yeah the kidnapping part. I'll admit is wrong, but they could have shown the kid what he was going to be was the wrong path and show him he had another option and may beshow him what will actually happen to his older self fallowing savages path. the kid should think for him self.

yeah there's always that saying knowing too much about your own future isn't good. But in his case.

Problem is that the kid was too far gone and indoctrinated by this point. It isn't that he didn't understand the ramifications of his actions when he unleashed the virus in a deliberate attempt to cause mass genocide but rather that his moral compass - thanks to the influence of Vandal Savage - was one of the survival of the fittest.

Incidentally,I doubt killing the kid would've stopped it either since it would have likely swayed his father to come under the influence of Vandal Savage under the pretense of getting retribution for Per Degatron's murder.

If anything, the overall "moral" I got from the episode is one about the importance of parenting and the role it plays in shaping a child's worldview.

Even when Felicity is not around, she had made the future worse with her decisions. :D Time for the Atom to fix that.

Even when Felicity is not around, she had made the future worse with her decisions. :D Time for the Atom to fix that.
After leaving Star City to burn in the future. :woot:

She is metaphorically a black whole sucking all of the life from this multiverse.

It was good but why does it always end the same way? What's with the redundancy?

Does Kasnia exist in present day or is it only a future state? In the Justice League cartoon it was in the present with Vandal Savage still trying to take it over by marrying Princess Audrey of Kasnia.

Problem is that the kid was too far gone and indoctrinated by this point. It isn't that he didn't understand the ramifications of his actions when he unleashed the virus in a deliberate attempt to cause mass genocide but rather that his moral compass - thanks to the influence of Vandal Savage - was one of the survival of the fittest.

Incidentally,I doubt killing the kid would've stopped it either since it would have likely swayed his father to come under the influence of Vandal Savage under the pretense of getting retribution for Per Degatron's murder.

If anything, the overall "moral" I got from the episode is one about the importance of parenting and the role it plays in shaping a child's worldview.
hmm what you there which I have in red reminded of some anime series I saw a few years back. it had two protagnist's one was a rich boy that wanted to be a hero and he had this dad that was a corrupt business man but the rich boy was raised as a male by his body gaurd and teacher while the other protagonist who was poor was raise by former scientist who was kill as they both kid's and he was raised later to his teens by a former show girl as his mother

anyway the point was the rich kid even though he wanted to be a hero was instilled with teachings from his teacher that it seemed he wasn't able to shake and things just plain ended badly for alot of people in the end his friend the poor kids (the other hero) life was ruined and his girl friend killed by his rich former buddy cause she was the victim of twisted monster experiments, and that same rich boy ended up killing his family with the exception of I think his sister and his grand father.

I think the series as called zet man

the same moral of the story was that the rich kid didn't really have good father figure . as to what I said formerly I agree with you .

it may have been too late for Per Degaton but i'd still show the kid Per Degaton his future where Vandal fights his older self to take over as dictator him self .

yeah while the kid is still corrupt it'll make him want to try and kill savage him self early at that young age and ruin savages plans.

As too his father truth be told if really want the best of out comes I guess the other alternative would have been to travel a few months back to when vandal came into that family's lives and let the father know what it is vandal had been teaching his kid all along as another way to ruin vandal plans. instead of the weird back and forth of trying to kill a kid that hasn't committed a crime yet. it's one to to catch some one in the middle of the act. like attempted murder .

But trying off him(kill him) before that with out evidence etc is too overly annoying to deal with. and I'm for killing some when they are a kid ether of all things.

again the issue for me was limited options and I don't like those un less it set that and you can't do much from that point and they should have other option since had time machine.

But Rip was too bent on trying to kill the kid and didn't think going a few months into the past when vandal first met that family after learning that kids name. i 'd just make sure savage never gained that family trust.

Does Kasnia exist in present day or is it only a future state? In the Justice League cartoon it was in the present with Vandal Savage still trying to take it over by marrying Princess Audrey of Kasnia.
she's supposed to be a present day thing but I'm sure that'll change if they use it in this series.

I liked the episode but the Legends make so many mistakes that it makes them look inept as heroes. Flash and Arrow have suffered setbacks and defeats on their show, but it doesn't seem like they are as drastic as what happens hear, but maybe that is because Gideon can tell/ show what the effect to the timeline are.

I liked the episode but the Legends make so many mistakes that it makes them look inept as heroes. Flash and Arrow have suffered setbacks and defeats on their show, but it doesn't seem like they are as drastic as what happens hear, but maybe that is because Gideon can tell/ show what the effect to the timeline are.
well flash is doing some of the classic hero tales, he still makes mistakes, but they show some hope.

How ever on arrow thing keep getting worse. and due to olivers poor chose's and I don't want Oliver working with this version of rip and the rest of the crew cause I'm sure together they will truly destroy they multiverse.

Oliver's better off where he is.

I thought this episode was kinda low key- not as good as a lot of other episodes this season. But I kinda liked the negative resolution to the entire thing.

really on felicity comment she had nothing to do with the bad future. God i know folks may not like her but come on that is a silly bash on character.

really on felicity comment she had nothing to do with the bad future. God i know folks may not like her but come on that is a silly bash on character.

She hired Ray's brother who used the ATOM tech or advanced it or something to where it eventually got to what it was in this episode. I wouldn't blame Felicity for the end of mankind though.

She hired Ray's brother who used the ATOM tech or advanced it or something to where it eventually got to what it was in this episode. I wouldn't blame Felicity for the end of mankind though.

I wouldn't ether. but seeing that there are examples in real life like the "corner shot rifle." who's company owner edict is that his company won't sell that Rifle to any that's isn't in law Enforcement or certain intel agency's or some parts of the military and it's one few weapon's that has been in the black market or grey market or fallen to some thing near this type of deal and the palmer company is around in 2046 and 21 etc due to her leadership and legacy.

I guess some people are thinking she'd have had the foresight to make sure someone like savage or any one else wouldn't get their hand on her tech the way that person in real life has been doing successfully for now with the corner shot Rifile.

since his company makes sure and investigates who they are selli8ng the corner shot too.

Felicity should have made special unit for that purpose , where it won't have it's tech used in wars or only for Law enforcement purpose's and to always vet who they are selling their tech too and have fail safe on those device's if they are missed used. even after her own passing.

I liked how the resolution of the episode increased the urgency of the situation, since our heroes inadvertently sped up Vandal Savage's plans for the virus. It'll be neat to see how they deal with the fallout of that mistake as we move forward.

I also enjoyed all scenes involving Leonard, Mick, and Sara. Seeing Vandal Savage as part of the Kasnia's ruling council was neat, and I enjoyed the stupefied reactions by both Ray and Stein when they saw that bust statue of Ray's face (or, rather, his brother's face) next to all those Atom suits and weapons. Their reactions were funny. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"