Deadpool Deadpool Discussion- SPOILER WARNING!!

I was really excited for this but came out disappointed. Outside of TJ Miller, I didn't think it was all that funny. Reynolds had some great moments, but the majority of the jokes/dialogue sounded like it was written by a 13 year old. It's not nearly as witty or smart as it thinks it is.

The ending was also extremely anticlimactic. A sub par fight scene followed by a lousy gun shot was lame. He just got done slicing and dicing his way through all of the goons in far more entertaining ways and that's all they can come up with? Lame.

There are definitely some entertaining parts, but overall I left the theater thinking, "That's it?" I was hoping for more.

Since there is no easter egg page, was that a Dave Matthews Band 'Fire Dancer' tattoo on Wade's thigh? I swore it is, either its' a dig at DMB or Reynold's loves the band.

You see it during his torture scenes...

I was really excited for this but came out disappointed. Outside of TJ Miller, I didn't think it was all that funny. Reynolds had some great moments, but the majority of the jokes/dialogue sounded like it was written by a 13 year old. It's not nearly as witty or smart as it thinks it is.

The ending was also extremely anticlimactic. A sub par fight scene followed by a lousy gun shot was lame. He just got done slicing and dicing his way through all of the goons in far more entertaining ways and that's all they can come up with? Lame.

There are definitely some entertaining parts, but overall I left the theater thinking, "That's it?" I was hoping for more.

That is Deadpool. Subverting the cliches. On another note, I loved how the sex avacado joke just went on much longer than the trailer implied.

"And not just sex, but like it was hate ****ed....like something was wrong internally within the relationship." Paraphrasing, but yeah.

The story was meh, but I wasn't expecting Doctor Zhivago. The humour mostly made up for that though.

I didn't see a problem with the story. This movie was focused on the hero (used loosely) and to me it seems like the movies that focus mainly on the hero are the ones that get the heroes most right.

That is Deadpool. Subverting the cliches. On another note, I loved how the sex avacado joke just went on much longer than the trailer implied.

"And not just sex, but like it was hate ****ed....like something was wrong internally within the relationship." Paraphrasing, but yeah.

I love when natural comedians riff like that.

My favorite line in the movie is when Deadpool is about to head off to take on Ajax for the final battle and TJ says, "I'd come with you, but I don't want to."

:pal::pal::pal::pal::pal::pal::pal::pal::pal:

I also died laughing when Colossus was dragging Deadpool off in the handcuff and mentions how he's going to take him to see Professor Xavier. DP's response was, "McAvoy or Stewart? LOLOLOLOLOL

Last edited:
my favorite was in response to something Colossus says about the professor

"Stewart or McAvoy? I can't keep these timelines straight"

Also, I was hoping they would use the entire dialogue from car scene in the test footage. Unfortunately it was changed around a bit.

In one of the reviews, they mentioned there was a shout out to Kevin Feige, but I never noticed it in the movie. Have a feeling the guy was just yankin' chains. Did anyone notice anything of the sort.

Also...I hope to hell if there EVER is a crossover with the MCU, that Ryan Reynolds stays Deadpool forever.

In one of the reviews, they mentioned there was a shout out to Kevin Feige, but I never noticed it in the movie. Have a feeling the guy was just yankin' chains. Did anyone notice anything of the sort.

Also...I hope to hell if there EVER is a crossover with the MCU, that Ryan Reynolds stays Deadpool forever.

I think I read that it was on the pizza box. I didn't catch it during the movie either.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it only just clicked with me that the helicarrier thing Deadpool fights Ajax on looks a lot like the ones from the MCU. Is it true that they were going to actually have one from Marvel Studios but they couldn't get the rights? Hence why Bob wasn't an agent of Hydra, etc.

I need a gif of Deadpool playing the sax to Careless Whispers

Vinnie Jones played juggernaut in X-3 might be little to much wall breaking
I know, but I don't think that even exists anymore after DOFP corrected what X-3 did.

Besides, who would remember? He'd look completely different, anyway. I'm more concerned about the acting and I think he'd do great.

By the way, what was that Deadpool did with the bodies of the soldiers before the final fight with Ajax? Did he write something in the floor? I couldn't understand why everybody was laughing.

I know, but I don't think that even exists anymore after DOFP corrected what X-3 did.

Besides, who would remember? He'd look completely different, anyway. I'm more concerned about the acting and I think he'd do great.

By the way, what was that Deadpool did with the bodies of the soldiers before the final fight with Ajax? Did he write something in the floor? I couldn't understand why everybody was laughing.

He spelled out 'Francis'

Thanks. I thought that was it, but in that brief moment I couldn't read that as Francis for some reason.

Anyone else noticed they cut out the "damsel in distress" line?

Funniest part of the movie for me - When Deadpool breaks all his limbs trying to punch Colossus. :lmao:

Anyone else noticed they cut out the "damsel in distress" line?

and the "Daddy needs to express some rage" line too. Was one of my faves from the trailers too.

I get the feeling from interviews theres like a ton of unused footage for this though.

I don't think there's unused footage as much as there is alternate takes from Ryan improvising so much. He's in costume a lot so during ADR he probably just improvised a lot and they chose the best one since they'd just be dubbing his lines over his acting in the suit.

This movie was 100% fun with a heart! I can't even count how many of the jokes made me laugh.

Pros:
  • Ryan Reynolds is perfect as Deadpool
  • Colossus / Negasonic were amazing side characters that added even more comedic effect. X-Men references were da bomb
  • TJ Miller, TJ Miller, TJ Miller
  • Great use of the soundtrack
  • Dopinder vs Bandu
  • Awesome fight sequences
  • Blind Al vs Ikea

Cons:
  • What other powers did Ajax have? Vague how shocked nerve endings and enhanced reflexes result in super strength
  • We didn't get to see Gina's titty
  • Favorite Jokes:
  • 4th Wall Break within a 4th Wall Break
  • "Which professor, Stewart or McAvoy?"
  • "Your face looks like Freddy Kreuger face-****ed a topographical map of Utah"
  • Wade's Baby Hand
  • Blind Al and Wade discussing the semantics of Ikea furniture

More here in my review:
https://soundcloud.com/kitchen-table-rants/deadpool-review

Funniest part of the movie for me - When Deadpool breaks all his limbs trying to punch Colossus. :lmao:

I immediately thought of the Black Knight scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"