Dexter - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 was the first status quo season. Nothing big happened, it wasn't that intense.. it was just a boring procedural and nothing mattered.

5 was potentially not.. awful. Quinn on Dexter's trail was great, and Peter Weller never dissappoints. I hate Julia Stiles, but could have overlooked it if the season actually followed through on anything that it did. However, once again it SOMEHOW became just another "Status quo" season, because the final episode(and subsequent seasons) made everything that happened in this season pointless. Quinn was completely dropped. Stiles dissappears, and when Deb SHOULD have found out about Dexter she just walks off. In theory season 5 is a great next to last season. It's all about the setup, but instead of going anywhere with it they dropped everything and never brought it back up. It is made useless by the rest of the show afterwards.

6 is an abomination. It's terrible in every way. I love Mos Def, but he was just playing himself. There's poor pacing and a terrible big bad.. I think I knew 2 or 3 episodes in that Travis was just nuts and it was all in his head. Overall it was just incredibly stupid, and like I said, completely negating any developements from season 5 just makes it that much worse. What's good about this season? Well, Luis was an interesting setup, and Dexter's hot nanny is hot. That's it... and they dropped whatever they were planning for Luis, so it's also useless. The setup for Deb finding out about Dexter is much more forced here, and just drives home that they've been spinning their wheels since they already set it up, but pussed out. It makes 2 seasons of a show a long useless cluster ****.

This season still had moments of extreme stupidity and poor writing, but at least acknowledged the show's mythology and built up to what should be the last season while surrounding the lead with interesting guest stars(except that stupid fire guy.. what the **** was that?).

For me, the best seasons of Dexter is when I'm finding it a little difficult to watch as Dexter is close to being caught. When Dexter feels in no danger of being caught then I keep out a little that is what the begining and end of season 7 is great and the rest of the season I'm losing a bit of interest. It's the main reason 1, 2 and 4 are the best seasons and 3, 5, 7 I'm pretty sure I'm not going to bother watching again.

So season 8 wont be the last season? Sigh...

Scott Buck said "we are approaching it as the final season, but if showtime orders more season, we will adjust accordingly." (paraphrased)

but...

:facepalm:

tumblr_mf7jg3zXTe1rqfrzko1_500.jpg

My favorite moments from each season 1 (except 3, 5 because I can barely remember them)

Season 1 - When Dexter realises ITC is his brother. WHOA!
Season 2 - When Dexter opens his air vent and his blodd slides are gone - 'It's over'
Season 3 - Pass
Season 4 - 'Hello Dexter Morgan' (nuff said)
Season 5 - Pass
Season 6 - Deb walks in on Dexter (the only thing that saved Season 6 being a complete waste of time)
Season 7 - Deb learns the killer of Dexter mum is in the trunk and leaves the car without a word. GENUIS :woot:

Scott Buck said "we are approaching it as the final season, but if showtime orders more season, we will adjust accordingly." (paraphrased)

On the Series Finale of Dexter

JUDGE: I've never encountered a more morally repugnant individual. I hereby sentence you to life in prison. May God have mercy on your soul.
*BANG*

...but then Showtime renews Dexter for one more season

DEBRA: You love it here? You're doing time!
DEXTER: I'm doing the time of my life.

My favorite moments from each season 1 (except 3, 5 because I can barely remember them)

Season 3 - Pass

The rooftop scene. I go back to it many times just to hear MCH say "That stain was suppose to come out".

The stain line is ****ing CLASSIC! The MCH delivered that line makes that whole season worth while. Seriously Dexter's best smart ass moment ever on the show. Hahaha it pissed Miguel off so damn bad too hahaha. You gotta admit even when this show is at it's worst it still has it's outstandingly great moments solely because of the cast

6 is an abomination. It's terrible in every way. I love Mos Def, but he was just playing himself. There's poor pacing and a terrible big bad.. I think I knew 2 or 3 episodes in that Travis was just nuts and it was all in his head. Overall it was just incredibly stupid, and like I said, completely negating any developements from season 5 just makes it that much worse. What's good about this season? Well, Luis was an interesting setup, and Dexter's hot nanny is hot. That's it... and they dropped whatever they were planning for Luis, so it's also useless. The setup for Deb finding out about Dexter is much more forced here, and just drives home that they've been spinning their wheels since they already set it up, but pussed out. It makes 2 seasons of a show a long useless cluster ****.

This season still had moments of extreme stupidity and poor writing, but at least acknowledged the show's mythology and built up to what should be the last season while surrounding the lead with interesting guest stars(except that stupid fire guy.. what the **** was that?).

I think the beginning of 6 was actually very good. I saw the Travis thing coming too, but I liked it, because it SEEMED like they were setting Dex up for a possible conundrum. He only kills the "guilty." If Travis was truly fighting his split "Geller" personality, then part of Travis would be innocent according to Dex's code, while the other half was guilty. How does Dexter deal with a person who is essential two in one?

...And then they threw that all out the window and made Travis suddenly completely okay with being a killer. Which was too bad.

This season was pretty solid, it was really the rather anti-climatic (and far too neat) way they wrapped up Isaac, and the obvious write out of Louis when he was clearly originally intented to be something more then just an angry video game developer.

However, I still enjoyed it.

Season 1 - When Dexter realises ITC is his brother. WHOA!
Season 2 - When Dexter opens his air vent and his blodd slides are gone - 'It's over'
Season 3 - Pass
Season 4 - 'Hello Dexter Morgan' (nuff said)
Season 5 - Pass
Season 6 - Deb walks in on Dexter (the only thing that saved Season 6 being a complete waste of time)
Season 7 - Deb learns the killer of Dexter mum is in the trunk and leaves the car without a word. GENUIS :woot:

season 1 - when Dex is at the hospital with Batista...and Batista mentions the busted lip thing, which tells dexter its rudy.

season 2 - When Dexter kills the guy in front of Doakes and Doakes is pleading with him to not kill him.

season 3 - Dexter sticking the needle in Miguels neck, or Dexter talking to the skinner at the end.

season 4 - hello, dexter morgan

season 5 - Dexter telling the kids that their mom is dead wearing mickey mouse ears.

season 6 - 'Hello, ****e', and Brian Moser returning.

Season 7 - Isaak and Dexter at the gay bar... Dexter roid raging...

season 1 - when Dex is at the hospital with Batista...and Batista mentions the busted lip thing, which tells dexter its rudy.

season 2 - When Dexter kills the guy in front of Doakes and Doakes is pleading with him to not kill him.

season 3 - Dexter sticking the needle in Miguels neck, or Dexter talking to the skinner at the end.

season 5 - Dexter telling the kids that their mom is dead wearing mickey mouse ears.

Great pick for season 2

This season was WAY better than last season. I wasn't even going to watch it this year, but when I heard they were only going to have two seasons left, I figured I'd tune in. It's been way, way better now that they are not trying to come up with a bunch of filler.

you know what would be an amazing scene to add to the (hopefully) final season...

Trinity arriving at Dexters house and taking out Rita.

i kind of had a random realization of something i wanna see in the next season.

in earlier seasons....well, particularly only the pilot for the first season, dexter has moments where he'd tend to look into the camera, breaking the fourth wall. yet we never got any more occurences of that in the other seasons. i kind of wanna see some more of that somehow. maybe that's just me.

speaking of the first season, you guys should check out this tribute video i made a while back for dexter and the ice truck killer , if you're interested :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B05rjToOuHA

daaaamn good choices.

it's kind of hard to pick these out for me.....

SPOILERS (obviously)

season 1 - damn, lots of good ones.... "OPEN YOUR EYES AND LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID ", the rapist killing, dexter walking into the room full of blood, dexter discovering that brian is his brother, brian revealing the truth to deb and then kidnapping her

season 2 - hmm.... when dexter first confronts his mother's killer, dexter coming into lila's place pissed off and wet from the rain and then throws her on the bed and it seems like he's about to kill her but instead he bangs her brains out, any doakes/dexter moment, everything everythingeverything

season 3 - definitely the rooftop argument scene, or when dexter kills miguel.

season 4 - thanksgiving scene would be the obvious one, but i always enjoyed when dexter first witnesses trinity's killings ("YOU MADE ME DO THIS !!! " ) ,and pretty much anytime john lithgow said the c word :oldrazz:

season 5 - hmmm.... the beating to death of the redneck or when he beats the **** out of that guy who abused his kid.

season 6 - HMMM.... :cmad: not much to go for here. brian moser returning got me all giddy till the actual episode with him sucked as much balls as possible. i'll take batista and quinn smoking weed together honestly. and even that's a stretch.

season 7 - i thought the early episodes with ray speltzer really stood out. and of course the "gay bar " scene with dex and isaac. and dexter fantasizing about killing everyone around him. and of course the last scene of the finale..... damn, this season was a real step up from the last one. there's alot to choose from.

i actually might have to refresh my list because i haven't watched the earlier seasons in a while, though i've had a strange urge to.

Season 1:
[YT]iuD4g_1Id8Q[/YT]

Season 2:
[YT]1BJ2TLphg1A[/YT]
and
[YT]Gec0Jddj17M[/YT]

Season 3:
[YT]JHImG_wpxVw[/YT]

Season 4:
[YT]PWjiZY8snh8[/YT]
and
[YT]4le4s5tvVkA[/YT]

Season 5:
[YT]WJ_23QR1-qQ[/YT]

Season 6:
25frm.gif

Season 7:

i7giMPVBBwIW1.gif

so in the season finale... LaGuerta says the reason Dexter killed Estrada was because he butchered his mom... when he didn't.
i don't know if I should facepalm or wait for explanation.

Well, Estrada ordered his mom be butchered. I guess she meant he did it vicariously.

Anyway, this season of Dexter was a really big SURPRISE MOTHERF****R! in that it was not bad at all and actually pretty good. Season 6 was easily one of the worst things I have watched.

Man, watching all these season 1 and 2 clips.. I seriously honestly forgot that the show used to be really good.

I don't think it's that bad. :) It used to be better, yes, but it hasn't quite jumped the shark for me just yet. Not like True Blood... :(

Yea this last season of True Blood was just horrible. Some good moments but just BLEH

I think I might not even buy it, lol. But Dexter? Yeah, that's still on my To Buy List for DVD. :)

That was awesome. :) I bet he had a blast fiming that part.

Oh yea you can totally tell. What I'd love to see is all the other takes from that scene. You know there's gotta be some great shots out there from over the years of him losing his **** in such an awesome way

Anyone remember exactly what ep that was from, as in ep 1, 3, etc...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"