Directors

cerealkiller182

Must Get Deadpool Avatar
Reaction score
There was a similar thread in the Marvel films group and I thought I would start one here since I thought there was a lot of interesting ideas and suggestions. People start threads about casting their favorite heroes but who do you think can grasp the vision of their titles?

John Hillcoat for Jonah Hex. His movie The Proposition captured a gritty romanticized version of the west (Australia's west anyway). Ive seen Eastwoods name thrown around before for Hex but I think his vision of the west is too grounded in realism while Hillcoat is much more gritty. And none of that supernatural stuff. Too gimmicky and obvious from a comic book publisher.

David Fincher or The Question. He has made two incredibly smart and interesting crime movies (Se7en and Zodiac). I think he could grasp the tone of O'Neils Question. Plus his work on Fight Club shows that he can make really cool and stylish trippy movies so if they ever decide to use that meditation "talk to the city"mumbojumbo then he could probably translate it well although Im not very familiar with that storypoint.

I said this was based on the one in the Marvel thread and I searched the DC forums and there wasnt one so.....sorry, i guess

Just joking, I don't care, So what characters do you want to start with?

I dunno but I think there is a comic book movie that Peter Jackson could direct. Probably a Green Lantern movie.

Just joking, I don't care, So what characters do you want to start with?

I already posted 2 suggestions

I also can see someone like Darren Lynn Bousman (Saw series) or Stuart Gordon (Re-Animator) to do a more horror style Creeper. I imagine The Creeper as more of a slasher,that way he can actually creep. But hes killing members of the mob, the protagonist would be a member of the GCPD, Crispus Allen maybe, tracking the killer.

which Peter Jackson, Frighteners Peter Jackson or LOTR Peter Jackson? LOTR Peter jackson should stop making movies but I think a Frighteners P.J. could do a pretty good job on the question.

I already posted 2 suggestions

I also can see someone like Darren Lynn Bousman (Saw series) or Stuart Gordon (Re-Animator) to do a more horror style Creeper. I imagine The Creeper as more of a slasher,that way he can actually creep. But hes killing members of the mob, the protagonist would be a member of the GCPD, Crispus Allen maybe, tracking the killer.

I had this cool idea of instead of him being an anchorman make Jack ryder a reporter who has blackouts (turns into the Creeeper), but he would be the reporter trying to find out who the creeper is but still have him taking out members of the mob.

I dunno but I think there is a comic book movie that Peter Jackson could direct. Probably a Green Lantern movie.

I think Peter Jackson is overrated. The Frighteners and Dead Alive were entertaining,but LOTR and King Kong are so long-winded. Action scenes were amazing and so were the effects, but between them it was so boring

edit-damn, tyler beat me to it

I can see Jackson directing an Etrigan movie with a similar tone of The Ninth Gate, but he has to bring the scope down from LOTR/King Kong focusing on Blood over Etrigan

Abel Ferrara who has done some incredibly gritty crime movies like King of New York and Bad Lieutenant. It be cool to see him take on Hitman. I dont think he works much with Irish criminals like Tommy, but I think the noble criminal aspect will be more attractive story element.Also Idont know if theres any Hitman purists out there, but the super powers are optional. Ennis himself said he would write Tommy forgetting he had powers from time to time

I myself think the LOTR trilogy and King Kong are very overrated.

I had this cool idea of instead of him being an anchorman make Jack ryder a reporter who has blackouts (turns into the Creeeper), but he would be the reporter trying to find out who the creeper is but still have him taking out members of the mob.

That idea is not bad,but i really like the interplay between Jack and Creeper from the Steve Niles version.

Danny Boyle for Green Lantern. If a GL movie is to be made I would want it about the Corps. No more Hal vs Kyle arguments. That said Boyle does really well with larger than normal casts. He also captures the full spectrum of human emotions very well, a fairly major theme in GL. His latest work has been more scifi/fantasy/horror based with 28 Days Later and Sunshine so he has an interest/love of the genre. Also the scope of his work has been very small, the cinematography and style of the pictures tend to be claustrophobic,with great effect, but I would love to see him tackle a larger scope

just read up about it, it sounds okay but the creeper has been retconned so many times.

very true, I personally am a fan of his, I heard he has some new power where his laugh can kill you or make you go deaf, something like that. and he can hypnotize people now.

that wasnt really developed. It just caused pain to people to hear him

that's pretty cool, David Fincher would be my choice for the creeper live action with either Sam Rockwell or Johnny Knoxville playing Jack Ryder/The Creeper.

Doug Liman for The Flash. I have been racking my brain trying to find someone who would do a good Flash movie and I think Liman would be good. He has ery flashy stylish mood to his movies. Go, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, and Swingers all had very quirky humor without being too idiotic. He also has experience with action sequences and special efects with mr and mrs smith, Bourne Identity, and Jumper.I havent seen Jumper but I would think that the effects/concept of the movie seemed like it needed a certain amount of research and planning in order for it to make sense, similar to Flash's superspeed although Goyer has already done a substantial amount of research supposedly.

I heard Jumper was crappy but some of that has to be blamed on the writers. But I wouldn't mind seeing his take on the Flash.

He directed The Scorpion King and The Mask, He could probably do a decent job, But his ideas would probably be completely different from those of Bryan Singer and we would be getting a sequel with a completely new look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"