Discussion: Gay Rights II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always hear this talk about the "gay lifestyle"... what the hell is this gay lifestyle most of those people keep talking about? Heck, most gays I know live lifes that would fit right into traditional conservative picture books.

I always hear this talk about the "gay lifestyle"... what the hell is this gay lifestyle most of those people keep talking about? Heck, most gays I know live lifes that would fit right into traditional conservative picture books.

I have a dislike for the "gay lifestyle" or "gay culture" or whatever you wanna call it, but don't have anything against gay guys.

I guess in the same way I hate sleazy men that go to bars to sleaze over ****ty women and get nothces on their bed posts, I dislike gay guys that go to "bath houses" to have sex with strangers. Some gay guys really put the camp on. They really do. And I think we've come to a point in time where more and more people, even girls, are thinking the overly camp thing has gotten a little old, stale, and annoying.

Well I'm not saying you're gay for watching it or anything. I used to enjoy watching it myself. But when people say its gay, I know where they're coming from. 'Cause those dudes are half naked half the time and all sweaty and stuff.

I know you're not calling me gay. But I don't see how, even though they are in tights and touching each other, that that can be seen as gay. They are hitting each other with chairs and body slamming each other. They aren't touching each other sexually. It's like saying the UFC is gay. They're half naked and grappling each other, but they are pounding the tar out of each other.

I know people as well that the first thing they think of when making a joke involves homoerotic behavior. I have a friend who does it all the time, and when I call him on it he goes, "Well, I have a girl friend, so I can't be gay." I tell him, "Well, you like to think about gay things."

does hating homophobes make you homophobophobic? :confuseed:

9.gif
That makes sense :hehe:

Though it may be getting dangerously close to the backlash that we black folks have if every little thing becomes offensive. Now whenever anything comes up involving racism people assume we're just whining. Guys will be like, "great, now I can't say **** anymore because some gay guy will get offended."

Note to all: before you read this post, be aware is is the only one I will make on this topic. If you have honest questions, fell free to PM me...but be advised I will not tolerate bashing.

What I plainly don't understand is why most anyone who completely disagrees with homosexuality is instantly labeled as being afraid, hateful, or unjustly proud.

I believe homosexuality, at its core, to be nothing more than a twisted perversion of the design which God originally created (monogamous, heterosexual union, in a lifelong, trusting, Godly marriage of spiritual integrity). I don't believe it to be a simple "alternative lifestyle"; I think it's a sin, and what puzzles me is that so many people defend it, yet lash out in anger when a Christian presents his view. I'm aware that many fearful or hateful individuals have given true believers a bad reputation, but that doesn't override the fact that God called it an abombination in His Word, and He did so for a very good moral reason: He wanted to protect us from the ramifications of sin, in all its forms, sexual or otherwise.

This thread isn't really about that.

Its about guys that completely and utterly freak out and act like pyschos at the mere prospect of homosexuality being around.

Note to all: before you read this post, be aware is is the only one I will make on this topic. If you have honest questions, fell free to PM me...but be advised I will not tolerate bashing.

What I plainly don't understand is why most anyone who completely disagrees with homosexuality is instantly labeled as being afraid, hateful, or unjustly proud.

I believe homosexuality, at its core, to be nothing more than a twisted perversion of the design which God originally created (monogamous, heterosexual union, in a lifelong, trusting, Godly marriage of spiritual integrity). I don't believe it to be a simple "alternative lifestyle"; I think it's a sin, and what puzzles me is that so many people defend it, yet lash out in anger when a Christian presents his view. I'm aware that many fearful or hateful individuals have given true believers a bad reputation, but that doesn't override the fact that God called it an abombination in His Word, and He did so for a very good moral reason: He wanted to protect us from the ramifications of sin, in all its forms, sexual or otherwise.

3.gif

I've never met anyone who was overly homophobic...If they were, It's not my place to defend homosexuals in general. Unless you're directly speaking to my lesbian friend.....then we got a problem.

I actually agree with you.

The word "Homophobe" is totally misused. There are people who fear and distrust them, but there are people who have no "fear" whatsoever, they're either:

• simply disgusted by the thought of the lifestyle
or
  • They hate them.
or
  • They think it is "wrong".

Some KKK members are afraid of minorities. Some aren't at all. They feel superior and are disgusted with them, and have no fear at all.

Believe me, there are puh-lenty people that I freaking hate, and "fear" has nothing to do with it.

I'm bugged by disingenuous or ignorant Christians who think they can have it both ways...revere the teachings of the Bible that line up with their current morality, and then discard the teachings that rub them the wrong way.

They don't seem to understand that that is making themselves the God...saying they know better than the God they profess to worship and Love.

The Bible couldn't be any clearer, it's an abomination...Old or New Testament.
So while I don't respect it when people believe in Christianity, I have more respect for Christians who have the balls and honesty to condemn the lifestyle, than I have for the ones who try to twist Christianity into something SANE.

It's not about people simply disagreeing with homosexuality. It's about people who genuinely are afraid or hateful. A phobia is an irrational fear of something. No one should be afraid of the sexuality of someone else.

And you are right, it isn't a simple "alternative lifestyle". They just are who they are. It's not like choosing to like Metal or Rap.

What this tread is about are the people who A) hate gay people because they are disgusted with their own feelings toward the same sex, and B) people who hide behind the bible to justify their hate, when that same bible tells them to love thy neighbor.

You might think having sex with a man is disgusting, but you shouldn't hate people for it. I may think having sex with fat chicks is disgusting, but I don't hate fat chicks for it.

Yeah, I can't stand these sort of people. Since I've graduated high school, I haven't encountered it much, but I do recall that this sort of thing happened on a daily basis in high school:

There was a group of ignorant tards who were obsessed with this one gay kid. They dared each other to go up to him and pinch his ass, ask him out, etc. In lunch, they would sit at a table and shout " f a g g o t" repeatedly, then they'd hide their faces in their arms, because, you know, it wouldn't be obvious that the six or seven students laughing hysterically with their arms over their faces were the true culprits.

Most of these guys were also in my chemistry class. One day, we were doing a ridiculously long lab involving acids and bases. Well, these guys spat in one of the bases, and when the chemistry teacher asked who did it, one of the tards said "duhh... the gay kid comed in it!" This stupid crap went on for three years. I could never understand why one kid's sexuality basically shaped these kids' lives.

And as for repressed sexual tendencies... yeah, some of these guys used to have circle jerks in some nearby woods, until they got caught by the cops. Though no one made fun of them, because, you know, that's not gay at all...

I've got some friends who are VERY homophobic. They turn their head if a guy kisses a guy on a movie. They won't even attempt to watch Jackass or Wildboyz. It's just a f#cking show.

hmmmn.

I need to get out more.

I thought "Jackass" was a show about young idiots doing extremely stupid stuff.

Didn't know it was about homosexual behavior.

Meh.

On topic:
Dislike is too strong. If you show me a weakness in character that requires you to act out about people you don't know personally because of what/who they are, (outside of criminal behavior), I'll just avoid you.

V.

I confess in my younger days I was guilty of going along with it because most guys I hung out with were extremely homophobic, and made cracks about being gay and not wanting anything to do with gays at all, period. I didn't agree, but usually when you're on your own you're more intelligent and open minded than you are in the like minded group.

There were instances in high school where I was around many homophobes. If you don't agree with gay people and can't be friends then ok, whatever. But shouldn't you stop there? You don't need to go further with insults, name calling, starting fights, etc. Some are really ridiculous in high school and I am wondering if overly homophobics realize how hurtful they can be.

Fortunately, I hardly ever come across those type of people now.

People in high school pick fights all the time, it's part of the package. You can't just leave someone alone.

People in high school pick fights all the time, it's part of the package. You can't just leave someone alone.

Ah high school a little piece of hell before real life hits you like a brick:o

Real life>>>High School, that's not even taking into account the horribly long hours of learning something you'll forget over the summer. :o

So Fred Phelps gets to go Heaven despite being an A-hole, but some completely nice guy who happens to be gay goes to Hell?

If God is really pissed off about that, he can always tell gay people in person, telling people in person is always better than leaving a note.

I've got some friends who are VERY homophobic. They turn their head if a guy kisses a guy on a movie. They won't even attempt to watch Jackass or Wildboyz. It's just a f#cking show.

Not wanting to watch guys make out with each other makes a person "VERY homophobic"?

Well, I always thought I was okay with homosexuals but I guess I'm not! I know better now. I'll start going to hate rallies now.

:up: big time! I don't agree with the lifestyle, neither do I like it(although hot women kissing or making out doesn't count :o ). Whenever 2 guys kiss on the screen, I don't want to see and I turn my head. It has nothing to do with me hating a gay person, I just personally don't like it nor do I agree with it. I rarely talk religion on this board but I believe that God made male and female for a reason. If a guy is gay and likes it hard then I have no problem with it, I just don't want to see it due to what I believe in. And just cuase someone doesnt' feel comfortable or "overly" accepting of the lifestyle doesn't make them homophobe. You'd be surprised at how many people are "accepting" the lifestyle and saying all the right things in public but go home and cuss out every gay they can. Again, call me whatever you want to but I'm just being real. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"