Discussion: Media, The Press, Journalism, Cable News, Media Bias, and Other Media Issues

And now sponsors are starting to bolt. It should be interesting to see how Fox and O'Reilly handle this.

Expect a Trump tweet.

And now sponsors are starting to bolt. It should be interesting to see how Fox and O'Reilly handle this.

Expect a Trump tweet.

"Bill O'Reilly is a great man that loves the womans! He is a good and handsome man and I love him I will deport anyone that says otherwise."

Something like this?

Something like this?

Ehh. Not quite Trump's voice.

"Lyin' Dems trying to spread gossip about my good friend, Bill O'Riley! DID NOTHING WRONG! Locker room talk, nothing more! BTW, in case you forgot, I beat Hillary in the BIGGEST LANDSLIDE VICTORY OF ALL TIME!"

And the count seems to be up to 18 advertisers now. I wonder what the breaking point is.

I think I heard its 20 now.

Not really shocked old wife beater O'Reilly also sexually harasses women he works with.

Bill O?Reilly Accused of Domestic Violence in Custody Battle

According to a source familiar with the facts of the case, a court-appointed forensic examiner testified at a closed hearing that O’Reilly’s daughter claimed to have witnessed her father dragging McPhilmy down a staircase by her neck, apparently unaware that the daughter was watching.

His ex-Wife got custody of the kids

The Groper trying to justify someone else's sexual harassment ON SEXUAL ASSAULT AWARENESS MONTH? Shocking. :o

Advertisers virtually abandon O’Reilly in bizarre, truncated show

On Thursday night, virtually all national advertisers abandoned The O’Reilly Factor, the nation’s top-rated cable news show. The program included just seven advertisements and was, without warning or explanation, cut 15 minutes short.

More than 50 advertisers have announced they will stop airing ads on the show this week, following an explosive report in the New York Timesthat O’Reilly and Fox News had paid millions to five women who accused O’Reilly of sexual harassment. Even more advertisers appear to have done so without making an announcement.

On Monday, Bill O’Reilly’s show featured 31 advertisements, including scores of national brands.

The first commercial break on Thursday included just one advertisement from Coventry Direct, a company that allows seniors to cash in their life insurance policies for cash.

Other advertisers included the Life Credit Company, Beaches Resorts, the Laser Spine Institute, and Ring, a video doorbell.

The show also included an ad from Rosland Capital, a company that will convert retirement accounts into gold coins and O’Reilly’s largest remaining advertiser. The commercials feature William Devane, star of the 80's TV drama Knots Landing, sounding the alarm about the nation’s growing debt. Rosland told CNN that it had no plans to stop advertising on the show.

Xfinity appears to be the only major national company still advertising. It ran an advertisement promoting an upcoming UFC pay-per-view fight.

Throughout the show, O’Reilly teased a segment featuring sidekick Jesse Waters reporting from a Texas town that doesn’t want college students visiting for spring break.

The final plug came about 45 minutes into the show. Then The O’Reilly Factor was over.

Instead, anchor Shep Smith conducted a few interviews about Syria. This segment played before U.S. missile strikes on a Syrian airbase were reported. Smith stayed on air for 15 minutes, uninterrupted by commercials. At the end, he passed the torch to Tucker Carlson, whose show follows O’Reilly on the schedule.

No one mentioned what had happened to O’Reilly or why his show was cut short.

Bill O’Reilly’s advertiser exodus is even worse than it looks

Fox News host Bill O'Reilly has been hemorrhaging advertisers this week, and it turns out that the bleeding is even more extensive than it appears.

Some of the companies that have continued to air commercials during “The O'Reilly Factor” tell The Fix that they want to join the boycott — and will as soon as possible — but have been locked into ad spots they reserved in advance.

Next Day Blinds, for example, ran a commercial during Wednesday's episode but did not wish to.

“We buy our media quarterly and are constantly monitoring to make sure our buy aligns with our advertising strategy and our target customers,” explained company spokeswoman Katie Henkes. “As soon as we learned about the accusations against Bill O’Reilly, we instructed our media buyer to cancel our advertising on 'The O'Reilly Factor.' Unfortunately, our media buyer was unable to impact show.”

Luke Lappala, a spokesman for Scottevest, said his company “cannot continue to advertise on 'The O'Reilly Factor' and directed our media buyer to pull all advertising from the program immediately. Unfortunately, our media buyer was not able to pull the ads for Wednesday night in time.”

Invisalign is abandoning O'Reilly, too, but spokeswoman Shannon Mangum Henderson said “it can take a few days for a schedule to clear,” which is why commercials did not vanish right away.

Verizon, which promoted its Fios cable and Internet services during Wednesday's program, said the ad “snuck through without our consent and ended up in content that we did not approve.”

“Rest assured,” added spokeswoman Sanette Chao, “we are working closely with our media partners to tighten the filters and ensure our ad placements reflect our brand values.”

The sponsor exodus was prompted by a New York Times report that over the years O'Reilly and Fox News have paid $13 million to five women to settle claims of sexual harassment or inappropriate conduct. O'Reilly has long been a polarizing figure, but his show consistently draws the highest ratings on cable news, making it a popular place to advertise until this week.

Oh my, this could actually happen.

In a disgusting and embarrassing display of tone deafness, Fox news played Toby Keith's "Courtesy of the red white and blue" over footage of the MOAB drop in Afghanistan. Straight up Team America nonsense.

The hypocrisy on this board is pretty amazing. If OReilly did any of this stuff, he needs to pay the piper. But 90 percent of you would have voted for Bill Clinton if he could've run for a third term. And that is the highest office in the land.

The hypocrisy on this board is pretty amazing. If OReilly did any of this stuff, he needs to pay the piper. But 90 percent of you would have voted for Bill Clinton if he could've run for a third term. And that is the highest office in the land.

And by the same token, the same people who wanted Clinton burned at the stake would want O'Reilly excused here. And turned a blind eye to Trump, who may be even worse as a sexual offender-- and who now holds the highest office in the land.

Truthfully, I have no opinion of what should and shouldn't happen to O'Reilly regarding his job. But if advertisers don't want to be associated with him, that is entirely their right. But it seems like some form of justice if Fox has to suffer the consequences here, for having such a backwards Mad Men type of culture. O'Reilly will land on his feet one way or another after a "socially acceptable" amount of time out of the limelight.

I feel slightly bad for O'Reilly though. Ain't nobody that wants to f*** that guy. :funny:

Last edited:
And by the same token, the same people who wanted Clinton burned at the stake would want O'Reilly excused here. And turned a blind eye to Trump, who may be even worse as a sexual offender-- and who now holds the highest office in the land.

Truthfully, I have no opinion of what should and shouldn't happen to O'Reilly regarding his job. But if advertisers don't want to be associated with him, that is entirely their right. But it seems like some form of justice if Fox has to suffer the consequences here, for having such a backwards Mad Men type of culture. O'Reilly will land on his feet one way or another after a "socially acceptable" amount of time out of the limelight.

I feel slightly bad for O'Reilly though. Ain't nobody that wants to f*** that guy. :funny:
I started my quote by saying that if Bill is guilty, he needs to pay the price. But these boards lean very liberal. So you ain't gonna see a lot of support to protect him. Selective outrage slays me.

And like I said, selective outrage swings both ways too. I'm not even outraged about Bill anyway. Just kind of amused.

The only reason Fox is probably going to cut ties with him is the advertisers jumping ship. It's really got nothing to do with outrage and everything to do with $$$. Brands (understandably) don't want their brand associated with his tarnished brand. Sucks to suck.

I wonder when Trump will weigh in on this.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/854676780527079425 Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 6h
Ridickulus that Bill Oreilly got the boot at Fox News! Guess they want to be FAKE NEWS now!

Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 5h
Bill is a person I know very well. He's a GOOD person. He didn't do anything wrong. I grope women all the time and I've never lost a job! VERY UNFAIR!

Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 4h
And besides, all he did was make some phone calls and make some advances. Next time, TAKE IT ALL THE WAY, BILL!

DB2UBvP.png

wTjOUKp.gif

Wow, they actually did it. He will likely remain a bit more relevant than Glenn Beck, but god good, did the right just take a major hit.

Now, let's see if Hannity has any skeletons in his closet.

He probably does, but remember, someone has to expose it first. Bill-O the Clown would still be doing his nightly show and groping women left and right if the NYT hadn't revealed that Fox shelled out millions to keep it all quiet. All because they didn't want to lose the revenue this racist, sexist cretin generated for him. But after the advertisers went away and the public turned on them (well, the portion of the public that doesn't watch Fox News 100% of the time), they had to give him the ax.

Wow, they actually did it. He will likely remain a bit more relevant than Glenn Beck, but god good, did the right just take a major hit.

Now, let's see if Hannity has any skeletons in his closet.
Fox already has a replacement lined up for Hannity in the form of Tucker Carlson, so he's expendable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"