Discussion: Media, The Press, Journalism, Cable News, Media Bias, and Other Media Issues

So, Megyn Kelly is leaving Fox News. And getting a job with NBC News.

That, uh, is a bit of a change in direction.

Jesus Christ, that Jesse Watters segment that's trending...

I hadn't watched this either. After you said that I checked it out on Youtube. I see a reason why it has 26,000 dislikes, and 1,600 likes.

I find Megyn Kelly to be comically overrated. I am, however, curious to see how she adapts to being at an actual news channel. Is she still going to go on rants about Santa Claus being white?

Considering TV ratings are determined by white old people and Fox News dominates that market every year, I wouldn't be surprised if NBC starts adding more conservative voices.

Megyn Kelly is an independent. Her interview at THR post-Trump win was insightful and she is a smart cookie. A lot of people look at the "Santa Claus is white" and the Duggar interview fiasco... that aside, she is a smart reporter.

I think we'll see more of the probing and feistier side of Kelly at NBC because she is good at that sort of thing. But then I wouldn't be surprised if she is seen as the craziest reporter there either.

Megyn Kelly is an independent. Her interview at THR post-Trump win was insightful and she is a smart cookie. A lot of people look at the "Santa Claus is white" and the Duggar interview fiasco... that aside, she is a smart reporter.

I think we'll see more of the probing and feistier side of Kelly at NBC because she is good at that sort of thing. But then I wouldn't be surprised if she is seen as the craziest reporter there either.

She isn't "independent", she is a conservative, however she is indeed a smart reporter and it will be interesting to see how she goes at NBC which has Liberals like Chris Matthews and Rachael Maddow.

There are 3 reporters who I find decent at Fox News - Shepard Smith, Chris Matthews and Megan Kelly.

Tucker Carlson wouldn't get his own show at any other network. When he was on Fox & Friends, in a segment on gun control, he said that you could go to jail for expressing unpopular views in Australia (as an Australian if that was the case, I'd be writing this post from a jail cell right now. I can confirm that I am writing this from my bedroom), you can go to jail for inciting violence or terrorism, but not expressing unpopular views. He also said during a segment on a (pro-gun) Mum who's child was accidentally killed during a sleep over by their friend due to a gun not being stored correctly calling on parents to ask if the parent's of their children's friends if they had guns in the house before they went for a sleepover that he'd be offended if asked if he had a gun in his house.

The question is, how much of her conservative views were playing to the Fox audience.

I think most will find her to be far more liberal than expected.

As I read around the internet about this change I see two things the most, and both are from people simply being ignorant of the situation.

1. She thinks Santa Claus is White, and he does exist...
2. She is conservative...

1. The first one is from an episode that if people actually watched the full episode, in full context would realize she was being sarcastic, it was obvious and almost embarrassing to read people's "horrified" account of what happened, because is so very obvious they did not actually watch the episode, only the minutes taken from the episode to push some people's agenda.

2. Her ideology, along with that of Shepherd Smith on Fox were by far the most liberal, or least conservative, however you want to put it.

But, again, people are making assumptions on things that they actually never watched...

I believe another faux news story on her was her stand on women in the workplace (now mind you, I have zero respect for her continuing to work for a misogynistic jerk) for as long as she did, but again, only a minute of an entire episode is used....she is actually VERY MUCH FOR equality of women in the workplace, but people's agendas got in the way of the actual facts. NBC it looks like saw the facts...

It will be interesting to see if ALL SHE IS DOING ON NBC works, having a daily show, as well as a Sunday show is quite a lot to take on, looks like NBC has a far greater outlook on her success there than many on the internet.

We shall see....

She isn't "independent", she is a conservative, however she is indeed a smart reporter and it will be interesting to see how she goes at NBC which has Liberals like Chris Matthews and Rachael Maddow.

Uh, that is wrong. I want to see her debate with Rachel Maddow in the future, I think they have more in common than what other people think.

In other news, her fellow Fox reporter Greta van Susteren is joining MSNBC.

and Hannity is now accusing Joe Scarborough of trying to get hired at Fox

that he tried to get an interview without telling MSNBC

I think its long past time that Scarborough get the boot

and Hannity is now accusing Joe Scarborough of trying to get hired at Fox

that he tried to get an interview without telling MSNBC

I think its long past time that Scarborough get the boot

Not sure if Hannity is the best person to trust

Wish Fox News would report this since I believe they are a big part for this stat

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/02/21/5-facts-about-crime-in-the-u-s/

Public perceptions about crime in the U.S. often don’t align with the data.

Opinion surveys regularly find that Americans believe crime is up, even when the data show it is down. In 21 Gallup surveys conducted since 1989, a majority of Americans said there was
more crime in the U.S. compared with the year before, despite the generally downward trend in both violent and property crime rates during much of that period. In a Pew Research Center survey in late 2016, 57% of registered voters said crime had gotten worse since 2008, even though BJS and FBI data show that violent and property crime rates declined by double-digit percentages during that span.

That's the sort of thing Hannity would have ridden on a high horse about and called another person a treasonous un-American partisan Liberal "yada yada yada" over.

That's the sort of thing Hannity would have ridden on a high horse about and called another person a treasonous un-American partisan Liberal "yada yada yada" over.

Even more ironic? The story also claims McCain received Russian money, and used it for campaigning, or something like that. Yet he'll happily defend Trump from similar accusations. Then again Hannity is the guy who complained non-stop about Obama's expenses, but hasn't made a peep about Trump spending as much in one month as Obama did in an entire year.

The FOX News audience has shown they don't care if disrespect and false allegations are thrown at members of military, deceased and former, or their families as long as it's "their" guy doing it, whether a cable news pundit or the POTUS.

It's really been something to watch how the people at Fox News, save for Shepard and Chris Wallace, have bent over backwards to defend Trump on everything. The gymnastics they're doing is sometimes amazing to defend him. Seeing people, for example, who claimed that Obama was doing NOTHING about illegal immigration. When they were given facts about the deportation, there was a reason why Obama was called the Deporter in Chief, they called it lies. People on Fox News said over and over, Obama was doing nothing whatsoever. But, now when the videos and criticism about Trump and ICE are surfacing...now those same people, who literally a week ago were saying Obama did nothing, are now using the facts they called lies. Now, when it's convenient, they use the numbers they shut down.

Then there's stuff about how buddy buddy Trump was with Fox and Friends, and how he's best friends with Bill O'Reily and Sean Hannity. Most of the people at Fox News have no credibility because of their personal relationship with Trump and people at the White House, while going on and on about lack of trust in the media (despite being part of the media).

This kind of stuff would be criticized as unrealistic or hard to believe if it were written in a novel or movie or something.

It's really been something to watch how the people at Fox News, save for Shepard and Chris Wallace, have bent over backwards to defend Trump on everything. The gymnastics they're doing is sometimes amazing to defend him. Seeing people, for example, who claimed that Obama was doing NOTHING about illegal immigration. When they were given facts about the deportation, there was a reason why Obama was called the Deporter in Chief, they called it lies. People on Fox News said over and over, Obama was doing nothing whatsoever. But, now when the videos and criticism about Trump and ICE are surfacing...now those same people, who literally a week ago were saying Obama did nothing, are now using the facts they called lies. Now, when it's convenient, they use the numbers they shut down.

Then there's stuff about how buddy buddy Trump was with Fox and Friends, and how he's best friends with Bill O'Reily and Sean Hannity. Most of the people at Fox News have no credibility because of their personal relationship with Trump and people at the White House, while going on and on about lack of trust in the media (despite being part of the media).

This kind of stuff would be criticized as unrealistic or hard to believe if it were written in a novel or movie or something.

I saw an interesting video from Vox that charted the initial battle between Rupert Murdoch and Trump and the subsequent alliance that has come out of it. Here's the link: http://www.vox.com/videos/2017/3/3/...-fox-news-donald-trump-rupert-murdoch-hannity

Guess that goes to show just how much O'Reilly is worth to Fox.

Of course, Ailles would just be like, what's the issue?

Fox News' new CEO announced:

Caligula

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"