Disney/Marvel & ABC working on Avengers spin-off tv show? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you?

He's publicly admitted the backend of that contract turned out completely stupid in his favor thanks to Avenger's BO.

They didn't just hand him 50 million outright for God's sake.

That's my exact point and yes i have. He's essentially got marvel by the balls now especially with how well Iron Man 3 has performed. While disney considers the other avengers actors more or less replaceable still, downey is still seen as the cornerstone for the whole avengers franchise.

He's not getting anything less for avengers 2 trust me and at the same time unless he's got a strong desire to be on tv (which i highly doubt) i don't see disney having any leverage to force that into his contract.

I'm assuming you're laughing because you can't think of an actual response...

There's a whole thread here with about 3 links detailing the avengers cast contract negotiations as they are going on if you want to scroll down a bit and get a better understanding of things, the ball is in RDJ's court to summarize...

Regardless of all that i'm just giving my opinion that it is very unlikely RDJ will be appearing on the show. I know that's not what most people here want to hear but that's it.

Ok, good for you bro! :up: It's cool that you accept random internet articles as substitutes for actual written contracts but you probably shouldn't consider a career in contract law based on that.

thumbs-up.gif

I wonder how long it's going to take this series to get its own subforum in the TV section. Maybe after the first season? :huh:

There's a whole thread here with about 3 links detailing the avengers cast contract negotiations as they are going on if you want to scroll down a bit and get a better understanding of things, the ball is in RDJ's court to summarize...

Regardless of all that i'm just giving my opinion that it is very unlikely RDJ will be appearing on the show. I know that's not what most people here want to hear but that's it.

I don't really care if RDJ or any of the other cast members from the movies are on the show. That's up to the network. There is one I'd prefer not to see (Smulders) but she'll be rattling around loose after this season so I've resigned myself to the fact that she'll probably show up.

The real excitement will come from any comic book characters we haven't seen before appearing on the show. With over 5000 characters in its library, Marvel can pick and choose which minor heroes and villains they would like to feature on the show. Cloak & Dagger or Jack of Hearts guesting would be a lot of fun, just to cite two examples.

Its not just that, it doesn't look like a great cast. Sometimes you can tell if a TV show is gonna be great just by looking at the cast.

I said, sometimes.

Anyway, its part of the presentation. There are a lot of people out there who get excited with upcoming TV shows and movies just because of the cast list or seeing the 1st few pictures of the film. Right now, the cast doesn't look promising to me, but I'm still gonna watch the show.
psylock confirmed for thinking the moon is yellow because it looks like it sometimes.

Shouldn't be long now that it's confirmed, hopefully.

Marvel projects tend to be neglected here. For example, The Avengers 2 doesn't really have a subforum all to itself even though it has been greenlit. Instead it's "Avengers Sequels".

There's no official title for Avengers 2. That's why. It was the same for TASM2; it was kept in the sequels section until the title for it was announced.

Justice League doesn't have a release date, a director or a cast and it has its own subforum. Though to be fair, it does make total sense why it has one.

Whiskey, Bruce can the arguing! RDJ's contract also has nothing to do with THIS show. Thank you.

So Skye isn't a SHIELD agent? At least, not yet?

My (early) impression of this "Rising Tide" is that they're a "support group" for an emerging generation of supers, possibly with sinister intent. (I wouldn't be surprised if they're a front for AIM, or a renewed HYDRA, or something.)

So does that imply that Skye has superpowers?

And while I'm reading into this, let me just say that that picture of her....it could be inferred that she's got that "Extremis glow" going on.

Also, all the ID badge numbers are prefaced with "A," except Coulson's, which is "SKJ." Acronym theories, BEGIN!

I have a good feeling about this show. I thought a Hulk series was a god-damn awful idea, but this has potential to flesh out the universe and SHIELD in particular. Also, as a boy who grew up on Buffy I have nothing but faith in the production assembled. It will be great to see J. August in this as well. Hope he hangs around.

As for cameos, I wouldn't rule anything out from Marvel. I expect them to pull out all the stops from time to time, even within the TV budget. I hope Sam Jackson's presence is felt throughout the series even if he doesn't appear.

I hope they bring in Daisy Johnson (Quake). I just got done reading the entirety of Secret Warriors and she is by far my favorite character. Would love to see the "best Fury's ever trained" in the MCU.

I wonder how long it's going to take this series to get its own subforum in the TV section. Maybe after the first season? :huh:

How long did it take Wonder Woman:dry:

There's no official title for Avengers 2. That's why. It was the same for TASM2; it was kept in the sequels section until the title for it was announced.

Eh. Its not just Marvel. They clearly side for some projects and not others. (Still doesn't know why theres no Kick-Ass forum)

Are you hearing about the negotiations between him and with marvel and disney right now?

The $50 million he made for the avengers is probably gonna look small compared to what he's going to rake in for part 2. Again he's out of the league of a tv series. He'd probably turn down a contract requirement that he even appear in that show if disney wanted him to.

RDJ is way beyond TV at this point and it's naive to think oterwise. As for jackson like i said he does appear in a lot of stuff you wouldn't expect so i can't rule him out for sure.

While true, consider this angle. RDJ could ask for more money in the negotiations, and Marvel could respond with "Okay, we'll give you ____, but in exchange we'd want your contract to include guest appearances on TV at this fixed rate." Basically, TV appearances could be a consideration on the table, and something Marvel could take in lieu of lower rates.

So, random theory: Melinda Maye is going to turn out to be the MCU equivalent of Carol Danvers. Different look, sure, but she's a pilot and ass-kicker, and is currently benched due to some undefined problems in her past. Sounds ever so vaguely Danvers-esque to me.

If this turned out to be true, how loud would be the screaming? :)

So Skye isn't a SHIELD agent? At least, not yet?

My (early) impression of this "Rising Tide" is that they're a "support group" for an emerging generation of supers, possibly with sinister intent. (I wouldn't be surprised if they're a front for AIM, or a renewed HYDRA, or something.)

You may be right. I was thinking more along the lines of a Wikileaks-type group, trying to keep the world informed of all the crazy stuff going on while SHIELD tries to bury as much as possible.

Hope the viral thingy gets rolling soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"