Disney/Marvel & ABC working on Avengers spin-off tv show? - Part 2

Extremis soldiers can create/breathe fire and Feige did say we'd see more of it. Just throwing that out there.

I actually speculated on that very thing when we got the 6 second version earlier today. That super powered guy at the beginning is starting to look more and more likely as Luke Cage, but I do wonder if he's an Extremis dude. It explains why the building he was in is on fire. If that ends up being the case, I suppose they could throw teleporting into his power list. I'm kind of expecting a paranormal connection to the other flame scene, though. It might just be the low quality I'm getting on the stream, but at times I keep thinking I'm seeing a red cloak and, possibly, some skull imagery.

Does the building need an explanation other than 'it's on fire?' It's just some superpowered dude, maybe or maybe not Cage, rescuing a woman from a burning building. Pinning it on extremis seems a stretch.

My guess is they'll use this show to test which characters the pubic like and which they don't. From there they'll probably spin off other shows because I highly doubt they want this to be the only show on TV. All they need to do is get good animated films out there and get back into the video game industry seriously and they'd be dominating WB/DC. However, with Big Hero 6 coming to theatres next year they've done what DC has yet to do in the animated department.

I don't think Marvel Studios has anything to do with Big Hero 6 though.

Dat budget!

Okay so, as far as I can tell...
  • Lesser-than-movie-plotlines (duh)
  • The operate out of a mobile base that is a big cargo jet (drive vehicles from there)
  • Lola is Coulson's character car (thought it was silly, but some will love it)
  • Luke Cage is a big part of the pilot
  • Fitz-Simmons does CSI work with hypertech (at the same building that exploded I'd guess)
  • Melinda May gets to be totally badarse on the regular
  • Grant Ward can sure fight too, but a bit more Bourne-esque

That's a pretty cool set up. That fire thing forming could be anything. I don't like spoiling movies cuz y'know, movies only have so much they can give before you just know it. TV shows, they keep giving, so even if someone spoils the whole pilot... I still get to see episode 2 the following week, y'know?

Anyway, awesome.

Dude's had his very own Avengers team. Show some respect!

Wasp was leader too. Does that mean she's a top Marvel character?

When I think upper tier I'm thinking Wolvie, Spider-Man, Hulk. Luke Cage is like a C-list super hero.

Luke Cage used to be C or D tier, but in the modern age he's more of a B tier hero. Plus, Nic Cage got his last name from Luke Cage. That might not be points in Luke Cage's favor, but it is a thing that happened. Yeah. :yay:

Luke Cage. Upper tier character. Wut.

People said that about Iron Man five years ago. Now his third film is closing in on billion dollars. Marvel Studios is building its characters into A list properties even if they started out lower in the superhero pecking order.

People said that about Iron Man five years ago. Now his third film is closing in on billion dollars. Marvel Studios is building its characters into A list properties even if they started out lower in the superhero pecking order.

I understand that but Eddie said Marvel shouldn't put Luke Cage on the tv show because he is a upper tier Marvel character and should instead use a more obscure hero. I'm sorry but at this moment, to the general audience, Luke Cage is a obscure hero, not upper tier. Maybe by 2020 things will be different.

I understand that but Eddie said Marvel shouldn't put Luke Cage on the tv show because he is a upper tier Marvel character and should instead use a more obscure hero. I'm sorry but at this moment, to the general audience, Luke Cage is a obscure hero, not upper tier. Maybe by 2020 things will be different.

:huh: I didn't say that. I've been discussing Cage, sure, and I've speculated on the character being a more minor one. Somebody else was talking about how upset they'd be if it was Cage.

I don't think the number of tweets actually matters, they probably just have the meter on a timer

Dat budget!

Whoa, even though I know it's the pilot it is seriously awesome. And those quick shots of the Avengers is a great idea to get viewers excited right away.

Woot! They got Stark Tower in the skyline. Sfx for it doesn't look as good as in the film of course.

And it looks like Coulson is viewing a reversed Extremis explosion!

That looks ridiculously awesome. I seriously cannot wait for this! Clark Gregg sounds like he is really loving his role. This really feels right at home in the MCU. Oh, it was a seriously good move to show glimpses of the Avengers.

It truly is a smart marketing move

Last edited:
I don't think Marvel Studios has anything to do with Big Hero 6 though.

They haven't said if it's Disney in conjunction with Marvel Studios or just Disney either way it's Marvel because Disney owns them. It's like WB, besides the properties already at other studios Disney is putting everything Marvel related out themselves from now on.

Dude's had his very own Avengers team. Show some respect!

That's not how you gauge if he is top tier or not. 9 out of 10 probably don't know who he is, so he is definitely not top tier.

They haven't said if it's Disney in conjunction with Marvel Studios or just Disney either way it's Marvel because Disney owns them. It's like WB, besides the properties already at other studios Disney is putting everything Marvel related out themselves from now on.
Not at all, Marvel Studios is its own entity within Disney and produces the movies themselves, Disney just advertises and distributes them. DC has never had its own studio, WB itself greenlights and funds those movies.

I don't think Marvel Studios has anything to do with Big Hero 6, it's just Disney Animation making a movie that happens to be based on a Marvel comic

Whedon and co have maintained that their first priority, at least initially, is to make the main cast members matter to thier audience. It's a little hard to picture them using a popular character from the comics in the pilot, who would easily overshadow everyone but Coulson

OTOH, they have been secretive about Richard's casting, which strongly implies its someone important and/or recognizable. If he's Luke Cage, that would fit.

Not at all, Marvel Studios is its own entity within Disney and produces the movies themselves, Disney just advertises and distributes them. DC has never had its own studio, WB itself greenlights and funds those movies.

I don't think Marvel Studios has anything to do with Big Hero 6, it's just Disney Animation making a movie that happens to be based on a Marvel comic
This is very true but I mean either way you look at it it's a Marvel property being put out by it's parent company so I still consider it Marvel's foray into the animated department. I mean we consider the DCAU DC movies because they're put out by the company that owns them. I think that's how it's going to be with Disney and Marvel at least in the animated department.

i see they're in Paris ... in one scene of the trailer

You can see Stark Tower in the city skyline.

Not only that....
....but also the Baxter Building.
The. Goddamn. Baxter. Building.

Check out the skyline at 0:07 on the video. Far left-ish is a tall building with a very clear giant blue "4" on top of it.

The. Goddamn. Baxter. Building. :wow:

Not only that....
....but also the Baxter Building.
The. Goddamn. Baxter. Building.

Check out the skyline at 0:07 on the video. Far left-ish is a tall building with a very clear giant blue "4" on top of it.

The. Goddamn. Baxter. Building. :wow:
I sooooo hope it is!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"