The Dark Knight Rises Do you see TDKR's reputation growing in future years?

I get what Hardy was going for, I just think he goes overboard with it.
Fair enough, but like i said, it comes down to the voice dubbing. Im sure he doesn't ham it up at all in the original screening of TDKR. But the speech is probably hard to understand. I would do anything to see that version of the movie.

The voice dubbing was horrendous. I dont know how they were able to make Darth Vader's voice sound like it was actually coming from him in the 70's but for some reason, Nolan couldn't do the same thing in 2012.

The voice dubbing was horrendous. I dont know how they were able to make Darth Vader's voice sound like it was actually coming from him in the 70's but for some reason, Nolan couldn't do the same thing in 2012.
I called it horrendous the first time i saw it because i was so used to the 2011 prologue. But i got used to it quick and now i love the original and dubbing scenes. Im sure if i never saw the prologue though, id love it right away.

The only time it really bugs me is the prologue, because it's so overly clear and louder than everything else to address all the people that freaked out in December. Which makes me that much more annoyed at all the people who did.

Whenever it has the muffle on it is when it sounds best IMO. Which is most of the movie. Although I really love the dubbing in the sewer fight. It makes Bane feel like this larger than life, omniscient presence in the room which really compliments the sense of dread in that scene. Nowhere to hide.

Ive watched the original prologue a million times along with the new one. And if it was me doing an edit, i would honestly mix the two versions. I would keep the opening line from the muffled version because it's a scarier entrance. Along with maybe the "of course!" line which was exaggerated in the new version. But i would leave the rest as is, from the theatrical. Because it's clearer and gives off more personality.

But i think that the booming loud sound of Bane's voice when seen/heard on the blu-ray + surround sound, is awesome. It gives off this demonic presence. Like he's more than just a man, so to speak.

TDKR is funny in that it's probably the most gorgeous looking Blu-ray I own...yet the home theater experience still doesn't quite do the film justice (though I only have a sound bar and a subwoofer, not full surround). The IMAX experience is just so sublime. I miss it.

Really sucks that most IMAX theaters are ditching 70mm film projectors and going for an inferior digital presentation.

I preferred the original prologue's voice over the new one. I really liked how roboticly monotone and heartless Bane's voice was. It made him feel more like an unpredictable force of nature IMO. Some people complained they couldn't understand him, but I never had that issue. Plus, the original voice sounded as if it was actually coming from him while the new one sounds too dubbed over.

TDKR is funny in that it's probably the most gorgeous looking Blu-ray I own...yet the home theater experience still doesn't quite do the film justice (though I only have a sound bar and a subwoofer, not full surround). The IMAX experience is just so sublime. I miss it.

Really sucks that most IMAX theaters are ditching 70mm film projectors and going for an inferior digital presentation.
Yeah i miss Imax. Nothing compares to it. But i have a sub-woofer, surround sound, set just just right and it's pretty damn insane at a high volume. It's really awesome. It's still the best sound/picture experience ive had from a blu-ray. The prologue is absolutely insane with the planes flying around the room, like there's a war happening outside of the house.

Heh yeah there's no way around it, the film must be watched at a high volume.

I can't wait for Interstellar though, it's still unknown how much of it Nolan shot in IMAX this time. Some people are speculating (again) that the whole film was shot that way, but I'm not getting my hopes up. They're doing some pretty crazy stuff from what I heard though, like
attaching an IMAX camera to the nose of a learjet.

interstellar-imaxjet-656.jpg

It's gonna be nuts. Im hearing a ton of it is in Imax because it might be the last pure Imax release. Not sure about that though since i heard Tarantino's now scrapped film was to have scenes shot in Imax. And that movie may be back on track, after all, and filmed after Interstellar.

It worked well on a theater. That loud bass was pretty funny. But it definitely sounds strange on a normal setting at home. And its not just that. The whole sound design of the film sounds a little off without that beautiful reverberation you get on a theater.

IMO, most films ought to be remixed before they go to home release. How often are you watching an action movie and the dialogue is so much lower than everything else, so you turn up the volume to hear it better only to get blasted when a louder action beat comes? It's fine for a movie theater because everything is loud, but sometimes it's hard to watch a movie at home without riding the volume constantly.

IMO, most films ought to be remixed before they go to home release. How often are you watching an action movie and the dialogue is so much lower than everything else, so you turn up the volume to hear it better only to get blasted when a louder action beat comes? It's fine for a movie theater because everything is loud, but sometimes it's hard to watch a movie at home without riding the volume constantly.
Inception is the worst when it comes to this.

I dont even put the volume down when Bane talks. I have no problem with a loud movie + Bane's voice coming in even louder. It's Bane, i aint touchin' the remote. Dat' back-breakin' motha****a.

Well for some movies, as long as it's not too late that I'm gonna piss off my downstairs neighbors, I just "go for it" and crank it and then there's no problem. It's just that I can't watch a movie that loud all the time.

'Tis why my goal is to have mancave/theater in the basement when I buy a house. :yay:

Haha that's why i dont watch Batman movies unless it's during the day.

Inception is the worst when it comes to this.

Yea, which is problematic considering like 95% of Inception's dialogue are these great swaths of intricate exposition that you have to listen to to understand the movie.

And then you have half of it delivered by Ken Watanabe in barely understandable English, and other people with heavy accents like Marion Cotillard and even Hardy himself can be a little hard to follow at times in his natural voice.

Although I do love Hardy's "you mustn't be afraid to dream a bit bigguh, dahlin'"

Cotillard and Hardy are crystal clear in Inception. Not hard to follow at all. Watanabe, ill give you that.

I still think Inception is brilliant.

Oh, I think Inception is one of the most ingenious movies I've ever seen. I've been on a bit of a rewatching kick lately.

By the way, I'm like 95% sure Hardy used Heath Ledger in Brokeback Mountain as some kind of base for his voice in Lawless. He talks extremely similar.

By the way, I'm like 95% sure Hardy used Heath Ledger in Brokeback Mountain as some kind of base for his voice in Lawless. He talks extremely similar.

Loved Hardy in Lawless, especially since, in terms of physique, he looks two times broader than anyone else in the film. :awesome:

He was actually supposed to be thin for the character but he was doing batman.

Loved Hardy in Lawless, especially since, in terms of physique, he looks two times broader than anyone else in the film. :awesome:

Fun fact: Hardy went to the Appalachias to study the locals and thought most people were thin and wiry. He intended to have a very lean build in Lawless, but filming delays led to it being done immediately before TDKR, hence his size.

milost , you browse and post in this boards daily , yet you have been strangely avoiding this subject.

Could you clarify it ? Did you basically completely made up a quote to support your point of view ? Misread ? Lost the book ?

I don't know.That's why i asked him the quote...i dont have the book. I can't confirm it. His avoidance is what i found strange. What did J.Nolan said about Talia ? Im honestly curious.

To forgive , first its necessary to cause harm right ?

I'm not avoiding anything, this discussion has been brought up across two threads now and I answered Lobster's suspicions (even though I didn't see it since I was too busy discussing vests and straps). I didn't know you were looking/asked about it, sorry man. I'm still searching though, no worries.

According to Lobster though, it's not in the screenplay. He looked not soon after I mentioned it. I thought maybe I misremembered it from one of the other books that came out in 2012 (the Art book specifically), but Lobster asked his expert friends and they denied it and said there's no such thing. I didn't even bother to check the trilogy art book after that, or the companion that comes with the bluray set.

Worst case scenario, my mind is playing tricks on me and I'm, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. If/when I do find it though, I'll PM you Tequilla.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"