Sequels Doctor Strange 2 General Discussion and Speculation

The title has me wondering if they'll introduce the Nexus of All Realities. What a great opportunity to introduce Man-Thing.

Really looking forward to this, honestly the only Phase 4 movie I'm excited about.

Surprised that Benedict Wong and Chiwetel Ejiofor weren't announced.

PG13 horror? Is it possible to make a horror movie scary and it not be rated R.

The Ring, The Sixth Sense, and A Quiet Place are all great examples of PG-13 horror movies. You don’t need gore to make something scary, and this is Disney we’re talking about. Expect some demons and ghosts, but people aren’t getting limbs cut off or ripped apart with gallons of blood.

Yeah I think this is my most anticipated of the movies with actual release dates announced. I like others was hoping for Wanda to team with DS.

say it with me ya'll

SHUMA GORATH
tumblr_pv0ggvk4tM1r2wof4o1_1280.jpg

This and Blade were the most exciting pieces of news. I love the title, best of all of them yet. And I really hope we get strange here. Really push things.
Yeah, it's a pretty out there title. I love it.

The Ring, The Sixth Sense, and A Quiet Place are all great examples of PG-13 horror movies. You don’t need gore to make something scary, and this is Disney we’re talking about. Expect some demons and ghosts, but people aren’t getting limbs cut off or ripped apart with gallons of blood.

You're right. Sixth Sense was scary. Didn't know it was PG13. The Ring has one scene (you know the one) that genuinely shook me.

That’s a pretty cool idea. Marvel going all lovecraft on shuma gorath. Super cool stuff.

Hope we get a musical score like the nightmare on elm street

This has me genuinely intrigued. I enjoyed Strange's first film but other than the visuals and the finale their was nothing that really stood out for me that elevated it above the rest.

Branching off in to a semi-horror genre might be what Strange's films need to really take them to the next level. Be awesome to see how they handle the multiverse as well.

If you read the Lee/Ditko Strange run, that is pure (visual) horror. It should have been horror from the get-go. I suspect that's how they roped in Derrickson (a horror director) because they promised him horror after the first movie. Ease in the general audience with the origin and then hit them with horror in the sequel.

Really hoping we get a Vision appearance as well, given that WandaVision leads into this.

If you read the Lee/Ditko Strange run, that is pure (visual) horror. It should have been horror from the get-go. I suspect that's how they roped in Derrickson (a horror director) because they promised him horror after the first movie. Ease in the general audience with the origin and then hit them with horror in the sequel.

That was one of my major problems with the first movie. It's good but they didn't need to hold back on the weirdness. By that point with Marvel people will accept it. I get they wanted to do the origin which is fine but you still could have gotten both. If anything an origin would have been ideal because Strange is our vessel to go into the weirdness. The only problem was it wasn't weird enough. It's so strange because all the other films by that point didn't hold back. It's like if the first Guardians took place mostly on Earth.

It's called Doctor Strange. Get STRANGE. After Endgame I think people love Strange a lot more now. He worked better in Infinity War than he did in his own movie. Historically the standalone do better after Avengers so when they finally lean into what makes Strange special, there will be a much better response.

I know people aren’t gonna watch it because it’s Grace Randolph, but basically this film would be a great place to introduce mutants into the MCU.

This and Blade were the most exciting pieces of news. I love the title, best of all of them yet. And I really hope we get strange here. Really push things.
Agreed, and they could even be linked!

That was one of my major problems with the first movie. It's good but they didn't need to hold back on the weirdness. By that point with Marvel people will accept it. I get they wanted to do the origin which is fine but you still could have gotten both. If anything an origin would have been ideal because Strange is our vessel to go into the weirdness. The only problem was it wasn't weird enough. It's so strange because all the other films by that point didn't hold back. It's like if the first Guardians took place mostly on Earth.

It's called Doctor Strange. Get STRANGE. After Endgame I think people love Strange a lot more now. He worked better in Infinity War than he did in his own movie. Historically the standalone do better after Avengers so when they finally lean into what makes Strange special, there will be a much better response.
All true. They held back with the introduction to magic and dimension hopping but the MCU is at a different stage now where anything like that is being accepted easily. The audience didn’t really blink at time travel being incorporated heavily into Endgame for eg. Time to swing for the fences with Strange. People loved his IW showing as you say when they went for it and he will have won many new fans that will check out Strange 2 that weren’t as enthusiastic about him before.

Yeah, I’m looking forward to getting a forum for this film. There’s going to be a lot to discuss!

All I want to know who is the villain for this?Doesn't seem to be Nightmare as it seems to be dealing with the Multiverse not Dream dimension.

Mordo?Shuma gorath?

All I want to know who is the villain for this?Doesn't seem to be Nightmare as it seems to be dealing with the Multiverse not Dream dimension.

Mordo?Shuma gorath?
The dream dimension can be part of the multiverse, no?

I mean, if I had a choice, it would be Shuma Gorath, but I wouldn't be shocked if it's Nightmare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"