Doctor Strange News & Speculation thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mordo's outfit is great.

Also: Cumberbatch looking a bit like Serpico lol.

11205559_1233770683306168_5535839349893416651_n.jpg

haven't seen this pic before

They got a pretty good look for Mordo.

So is Mordo going to seem like an ally at first, but then will be caught trying to kill an old man that Strange helps out (thereby finally displaying his selflessness), like in the original comic?

Maybe Mordo is the guy who introduces Doc to The Ancient One?

I personally think this will be a mistake, but I wonder if Mordo will essentially be Strange's partner throughout the film and Wong would only be introduced at the end or not at all.

Doesn't Wong only show up later to be his servant only when Strange enters the Sanctum? In Nepal I don't recall if he was there, so maybe he won't be either unless they change the story.

Do we want an Asian manservant character in 2016? Sounds kinda backwards.

Do we want an Asian manservant character in 2016? Sounds kinda backwards.

He doesn't have to be a manservant. He can be his mentor. Doesn't mean you have to drop Wong entirely.

I'm assuming Mordo will be told by the Ancient One to help Strange and teach him, Mordo doesn't like it but does anyway, then eventually the AO favors Strange over Mordo who is already learning dark arts and Mordo turns fully villain.

As for Wong just make him much more equal to Strange, don't have him be a manservant but a necessary companion who teaches and protects Strange on many occasions.

Wong can be Strange's Watson/Sam/Ron etc

I thought The Ancient One is Stranges mentor.

It would be great to see Wong be a cool guy thats not a servant but a fellow doctor or his best pal like Foggy on Daredevil.

Wong can be Strange sidekick like he is often portrayed in the modern comics rather than Strange manservant.

Wong in the movie can be a monk with martial arts skills and knowledge of the occult who Strange befriends in Nepal. Later Wong can join Strange as a bodyguard, adviser and companion on his adventures.

Yep, can't see there not being one here imo.

So which Avenger will appear in the post-credits to try to recruit him to the Avengers?

do you guys think there will be an infinity stone in this movie?

Probably. That said... I kinda wish there wasn't one. Just me but the macguffin essential to the build up to IW thing is not a favorite aspect of the MCU for me. I think a story that didn't hinge on that would have made TDW a better film, and frankly I wasn't a fan in general of GOTG but especially it's buy the numbers "get the/keep away the powerful object from the villain" story.

It'll be interesting to see what the MCU does after the infinity war is done.

Probably. That said... I kinda wish there wasn't one. Just me but the macguffin essential to the build up to IW thing is not a favorite aspect of the MCU for me. I think a story that didn't hinge on that would have made TDW a better film, and frankly I wasn't a fan in general of GOTG but especially it's buy the numbers "get the/keep away the powerful object from the villain" story.

To me, it improved the movie. The end-credits made the random artifact they were fighting over have meaning it didn't otherwise have (and, without the Infinity Stones, make no mistake, they'd probably fight over some object - e.g., the casket of ancient winters - Thor has a lot of objects in his stories).

Always nice to get the set pics were you see the actors in character for the 1st time. Looks great - love the red and blue parka get up that Strange has as I always love it when the costume department gives the lead character a colour scheme that echoes the colour that their costume will eventually be.

Seeing Benedict and Chiwetel in the same shots hits home that this movie will [I know] by the best acted Marvel movie ever, especially when you also factor in Tilda.

Anything Cumberbatch @Anythingbatch
logo on #drstrange hats is fm window 'sanctum' in Dr strange comics, well spotted @StarvinMarvel @scottderrickson

CTPC6ImWwAA_0OE.jpg
CTPC6InWIAEGCfp.jpg

Guess this answers who was under the hood?

Rochi Shion ‏@Marvel_Freshman
First Look At Chiwetel Ejiofor As 'Baron Mordo' Filming DOCTOR STRANGE
#DoctorStrange

n7Q5L0y.jpg

I am not prepared to be rooting for Baron Mordo... But TEAM MORDO FTWFTWFTWFTW!!!!!

To me, it improved the movie. The end-credits made the random artifact they were fighting over have meaning it didn't otherwise have (and, without the Infinity Stones, make no mistake, they'd probably fight over some object - e.g., the casket of ancient winters - Thor has a lot of objects in his stories).

Strange had the soul gem at one point in the comics. Its safe to assume it might show up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"