Who will be Strange? - Part 3

Discussion in 'Doctor Strange' started by Thread Manager, Oct 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Murdock Registered

Although that was back when it was set for July instead of November. Pushing it back four months may have been a way to fit his schedule.

2. MahvelBaby! Registered

I hope they announce Benedict soon officially, I just want this to be set already!

3. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Asap please. :csad:

Don't want to go back to square one.

4. Six Beast-mode

Please go back to square one. Anyone but Benedict Arnold...

5. BarryAllen ey b0ss

Pedro Pascal

6. SuperSAINT Where's Chewy gone?

Phoenix talks Strange (Sort of):

PLAYBOY: There was a rumor that you might be getting in shape to star in the Marvel Studios superhero epic Doctor Strange. But those negotiations seem to have faltered.

PHOENIX: I can’t talk about it. I’ve met on all sorts of movies throughout the years. What seems appealing about some of them is the idea of pushing myself in a way that’s out of my comfort zone. But really, it’s what I’m always looking for—good characters, big ideas and a passionate filmmaker. If those things line up with any kind of movie, I have interest in it.

PLAYBOY: Were you into comic books growing up?

PHOENIX: There’s some great Batman stuff and classic Frank Miller Dark Knight stuff and Arkham Asylum. But I was always a big Wolverine guy. I love Wolverine—big ****ing great dramatic character. They’re all conflicted, and they’re really interesting.

PLAYBOY: Have you ever regretted saying no to a big movie, maybe even a Marvel movie?

PHOENIX: There’s only one movie I regret saying no to—except the person who ended up doing it was so good and was absolutely meant to do it, so I don’t have any regrets. I’m not going to say which one, but it was a really big hit. It’s getting to the point where they’re making some pretty decent movies. I thought Iron Man was fantastic.

(Whole interview here: http://www.playboy.com/articles/playboy-interview-joaquin-phoenix)

7. terry78 He will eat YOU... if you are wrong

Haha, I love this dude. Pretentious as all get out, but he works it.

8. Ksb36 Registered

Phoenix would have been a disaster. Marvel dodged a bullet there. He is a character actor first and foremost, not the kind of leading man this sort of film requires. He doesn't have that reputation for being eccentric and difficult for no reason. Whoever said this was another Ed Norton situation in the making was spot on.

9. Nokio Registered

Um he's an actor. If other actors can do southern accents then I'm sure it wouldn't be hard for him to do a northern accent. The man is an experienced actor. Just because he has yet to do a role(not one that i've seen) with a different accent doesn't mean he can't. I wouldn't even care if he kept his texan accent. I'm not sure it would matter if he had one or not. Somethings I can excuse, with this being one of them.

10. Spiderdevil Registered

I have yet to see him drop that accent,if he can-Great!

11. fixxxer ...goes to 11

Hypothetically, if Cumberstrange falls through, and McConaughey seems interested, Marvel should cast him right then and there... Southern drawl or not. No one's ever heard of a guy from Texas moving to NY to further his career? These are absurd, nitpicky non-issues.

12. Ksb36 Registered

I can't believe you guys are pushing McConaughey. I mean, REALLY? He of the long neck and even longer drawl? Alrightalrightalright. Lord, save the rest of us from Texans.

There are so many good actors with more interesting looks and backgrounds: Pedro Pascal, Gael Garcia Bernal, Edgar Ramirez, John Cho, Chow Yun Fat, Kang-ho Song. Cast an Arab guy, or a Mexican guy or a Korean guy, NOT some jumped up rube from Texas. Sheesh!

13. Spiderdevil Registered

I simply won't be able to take spells seriously with that accent,no one can

I think you people are forgetting how much voice(and accent) matters for Strange,hence my belief that Cumberbatch is perfect,he has the best voice for Strange

14. terry78 He will eat YOU... if you are wrong

Strange is American technically so anything other than that wouldn't be accurate if you wanna split hairs. It's not about accents, it's about actors you don't like.

15. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

speaking of Accents Cumberbatch attempts eleven impersonations in 60 seconds.

(Alan Rickman, Jack Nicholson, Owen Wilson, Taylor Swift, Matthew McConaughey, Tom Hiddleston, Christopher Walken, Bane, ect)

[YT]/CwpQp-pDS8I[/YT]

16. Compi716 The SHH! Jew

Notice that Benedict suddenly has darker hair and appears to be a goatee? I wonder why...

17. Ksb36 Registered

At best, Strange won't begin shooting until May and probably it will be the fall of next year. It's highly doubtful he's rocking a goatee for Dr. Strange.

18. UltraSuperGuy Registered

I can totally see Cumberbatch as Strange with this photo.
    [​IMG]

19. Charlatan Registered

20. UltraSuperGuy Registered

Dr. Strange with a creepy pedophile look?

21. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Lol, some weren't bad, while some were rather off. It probably takes a few seconds to even think what these people sound like when put on the spot.

22. Vincanws Registered

Every press interview with Benedict off his new movie seems to be tacking on the Doctor Strange question lately. And it must be getting tiring having to not confirm or deny anything.

23. UltraSuperGuy Registered

24. Village_Idiot Captain of Industry

has Benedict Cumberbatch actually confirmed yet ?

25. SuperSAINT Where's Chewy gone?

No.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.