Doctor Strange News & Speculation thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks really "out there" in a good way.

I think they shouldve shown maybe one or two secs of him in action, but of course we'll get that in the next trailer. I just think they shouldnt have held it off``

I think the main reason they didn't is they just finished filming so probably are not far enough along on sfx for the magic to have it ready to show.

So, I just realized Rachel McAdams is in the trailer. Cool.

Maybe this has already been talked about (sometimes it's hard to catch up on things between the old thread and new thread), but who is it that's speaking at the very beginning of the trailer? The "Stephen Strange, might I offer you some advice..." is it Chiwetel Ejiofor?

Maybe this has already been talked about (sometimes it's hard to catch up on things between the old thread and new thread), but who is it that's speaking at the very beginning of the trailer? The "Stephen Strange, might I offer you some advice..." is it Chiwetel Ejiofor?

It's Mads Mik.

:funny: See, this is why I was asking, I can't tell. There are times it sounds like Chiwetel and times it sounds like Mads :funny: (I think it's the fact that they're kind of 'whispering' that's adding to the difficulty)

Yeah, I think whoever says "Stephen Strange" isn't the same person who speaks next. First is RP British, second is hard to tell.

I honestly I'm not sure, on first listen I assumed none of it was Mads (no strong Danish accent) and it was either Chiwetel or Wong putting on a slight accent. But now I listen again the second part sounds sort of lispy like Mads, maybe he got an accent coach to sound more neutral lol.

Im glad it seems swinton is play TAO as a woman.

I'm kinda of surprised they didn't feature her a tad bit more.

I'm suspecting she won't have a particularly large role in the film, more of a budding love interest for Strange and maybe damsel in distress towards the finale. What I do know is her character's last name is
Mason
and because of this I suspect she's
a new character created for the film, possibly inspired by the Night Nurse
Unless someone else more familiar with the comics knows of such a character.

Oh man I can't express enough how much I love everything I see about this movie.
The poster is my fav Marvel poster so far, exceptional. The trailer is also one of my favorites. Probably my fav Marvel teaser. Everything looks so amazing and ON POINT. Now please please be a good movie. This is a tough sell and very unique in a way and difficult to pull off. We really need this in our lives.

Yeah, I think whoever says "Stephen Strange" isn't the same person who speaks next. First is RP British, second is hard to tell.

I honestly I'm not sure, on first listen I assumed none of it was Mads (no strong Danish accent) and it was either Chiwetel or Wong putting on a slight accent. But now I listen again the second part sounds sort of lispy like Mads, maybe he got an accent coach to sound more neutral lol.
True, it could be splice and dice situation with the audio. One of them says one part of the dialogue (at one point in the movie), the other says another part of the dialogue at a totally different part of the movie (and because they're whispering, it kind of sounds like the same person - but at the same time not). Ah the joys of trailers :funny:

One of my fav parts about the teaser is when the Marvel logo went from red to black. Has that happened before ? Surely that's done on purpose.

Love that trailer! Really excited for this film. MCU is paying big time to it's fans!

I've been waiting for this movie since Phase One.

Looks great and different. :up:

For any Spill.com fans, I'm so proud to see Cargill get his shot in the big leagues.

Seems to be ripping off Inception a bit.

Strange runs his fingers along those Buddhist "I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I want the knife" spinning things from the Golden Child in the trailer.

I'm suspecting she won't have a particularly large role in the film, more of a budding love interest for Strange and maybe damsel in distress towards the finale. What I do know is her character's last name is
Mason
and because of this I suspect she's
a new character created for the film, possibly inspired by the Night Nurse
Unless someone else more familiar with the comics knows of such a character.

I think she'll be partly based on Linda Carter's role in "The Oath", and partly on the Gina Atwater character from the animated movie.

There were some pretty cool visuals. And it feels like they're saving most of the best shots and effects for the film itself. I'm glad they aren't trying to give away too much.

Underwhelming trailer. Its not the first MCU film to underwhelm me with its first trailer so Im still looking forward to this.

Not happy that I have to sit through another damn origin story tho. I was thinking Marvel had said Doctor Strange would be fully established at the start of the film and we wouldn't have to go through all the origin stuff. I want to see a movie with a fully established Doctor Strange. Not hobo Cumberbatch tripping balls for most of the film then in the final act he becomes Doctor Strange and faces off with some throwaway villain.

1. You should probably stop taking click-bait articles as confirmation. Just because someone posts a rumor doesn't mean the rumor is always true.

2. Marvel doesn't just make these movies for fanboys who know every characters origins and history. They want to build their franchises from the ground up, and make the general audiences as familiar with these characters as we are.

Strange runs his fingers along those Buddhist "I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I want the knife" spinning things from the Golden Child in the trailer.

Hahaha I was waiting for him to say that when I first saw that sequence in the trailer.

[YT]lMSasuTSDfs[/YT]

My favorite line in that movie though is the "I just want some chips. Turn that over man it's burning!" LOLOL

[YT]TY8O0dShFoo[/YT]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985