Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here it is, folks. Hankies at the ready...

[YT]XWU6XL9xI4k[/YT]

Damn :csad:

Found this great fan made poster called "I Hate Endings"

ANMW7.jpg

Dammit, I'm supposed to be done with crying over the finale!

I really wish I could sew so I could make my own 6th Doctor costume. I'd especially make the waistcoat he wore in The Two Doctors, as it's clearly just two Hawaiian shirts sewn together with the sleeves removed.

Here's that Tardis I was talking about a few weeks ago. We took several pictures, but here's two to give you an idea:

m9BCN.jpg

xdyBs.jpg

that's some pretty good looking stuffs...

it would make MY Head turn if I actually saw that somewhere...

After a couple of weeks for it to settle in, I now wish the God Complex had been the Ponds farewell. As much as I enjoyed "A Town Called Mercy," seeing a new companion adjusting to the Doctor's emotional swings might have been better.

Plus, the Ponds eventually found out he was okay. The reverse/same of "Angels" ending.

[YT]7BKpQSiL2HM&feature=related[/YT]

After a couple of weeks for it to settle in, I now wish the God Complex had been the Ponds farewell. As much as I enjoyed "A Town Called Mercy," seeing a new companion adjusting to the Doctor's emotional swings might have been better.

Plus, the Ponds eventually found out he was okay. The reverse/same of "Angels" ending.

[YT]7BKpQSiL2HM&feature=related[/YT]

Agreed.

That was a perfect send off for the Ponds, with a nice little epilogue in the Christmas special.

Maybe that's why the end of Angels didn't effect me all that much. I'd already said goodbye to them.

How could The God Complex be their send off, when we know they were at Lake Silencio? How could they miss their daughter's wedding? I wouldn't give up one moment of their time on the show. These last five episodes have been some of my favorites and they are a part of that.

How is Amy/Rory seeing theri future selves in The Hungry Earth during season 5 not a fixed point in time but them getting Angeled back to whenever a fixed point? Or was fixing the crack basically erasing that future and thus basically gave them a new one?

How is Amy/Rory seeing theri future selves in The Hungry Earth during season 5 not a fixed point in time but them getting Angeled back to whenever a fixed point? Or was fixing the crack basically erasing that future and thus basically gave them a new one?

They could have seen themselves during any adventure we didn't see.

Only difference this was 2020 Amy/Rory, unless it was suppose to be from when they are still traveling with the doctor.

During Amy and Rory's season 7 on/off adventuring with the Doctor (which went on for 10 years from their perspective), they might've found themselves near that old dig site in Wales in the year 2020 again. Amy & Rory could've decided to wander off, stand at a distance, and wave to themselves.

During Amy and Rory's season 7 on/off adventuring with the Doctor (which went on for 10 years from their perspective), they might've found themselves near that old dig site in Wales in the year 2020 again. Amy & Rory could've decided to wander off, stand at a distance, and wave to themselves.

Yup. We have only seen (comparatively) little of what this Doctor has been up to and we know he has aged about 200 years or so since he regenerated. Just we we know he was doing stuff in his off-screen time, it's easy to figure Amy & Rory would have too.

The Doctor on a triumph motorcycle!

I'm not sold on the jacket

How could The God Complex be their send off, when we know they were at Lake Silencio? How could they miss their daughter's wedding? I wouldn't give up one moment of their time on the show. These last five episodes have been some of my favorites and they are a part of that.

Because that was the last time they actually saw him in the normal timeline. The Wedding of RiverSong happened in that alternate timeline where she cheated the event.

The ending scene with River telling them he was alive was basically like the last page scene in Angels.

The final five eps kind of negated the larger points of what the God Complex and the Girl Who Waited were about to the Ponds and traveling. It wasn't even them that rejoined the Doctor in Asylum. It was forced by the Daleks for some weird reason.

Because that was the last time they actually saw him in the normal timeline. The Wedding of RiverSong happened in that alternate timeline where she cheated the event.

The ending scene with River telling them he was alive was basically like the last page scene in Angels.

The final five eps kind of negated the larger points of what the God Complex and the Girl Who Waited were about to the Ponds and traveling. It wasn't even them that rejoined the Doctor in Asylum. It was forced by the Daleks for some weird reason.

The Doctor: What do you want with them?
Dalek: It is known the Doctor requires companions.
Rory: Oh, brilliant. Good-o!

Doctor on a motorcycle is awesome!

Pond Life didn't necessarily negate The God Complex, either. Those mini-episodes just showed us that the Doctor frequently called them and stopped by. He does that with Sarah Jane, too. It doesn't make her exit any less... well, Sarah's exit wasn't anything special to begin with.

Still, they could've and probably should've ended Amy & Rory's travels with the Doctor last season. If anything, I think This season's first few episodes should've been used as smooth transition from the Ponds to Oswin.

However, what we got was still great.

I liked Sarah Jane's initial exit because of the subtext. I mean, its not a "Doomsday" or an "Angels Take Manhattan", but the fact that it wasn't that kind of episode makes it sadder for me.

I have no problem with Sarah Jane's exit being just another story where she happens to leave at the end. That was pretty much every companion's story. It's just that her exit didn't feel like any sort of exit. The Doctor gets a telepathic call to return to Gallifrey, and he just drops Sarah off. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't special. It's not exactly the Doctor locking his granddaughter out and telling her goodbye for her own good, Jamie & Zoe being ripped from the Doctor by the Time Lords, or the quiet regret of losing Jo to another man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"