• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Amazing Spider-Man Does a Lizard with no snout bother you? If so, why?

Wat. We haven't seen the Lizard. People who have seen the SDCC footage have and state there is no difference besides his size. I'm absolutely mind blown at how hard this is to figure out.

Not true. Just read the various posts about it. There are several different opinions from viewers of the SDCC footage, ranging from "he has a snout", "he has no snout", "he looks similiar to the promo art", "he looks very different from the promo art".

You can pick any one of these and say it is "fact" all you want, but the ONLY fact is that we won't know for certain until more info is released.

Okay guys, stop trying to "handle hostility" by being hostile. Either you ALL mature, or I dish out infractions.

I'm actually not trying to be hostile. :huh: I've made comments regarding his "hurrr durrr" crap, and asked him to mature at the end of my post (it was a sincere request, as I enjoy this topic), but that in no way is me trying to be hostile. Honestly.

First off, the photos we have of the Lizard from comic con are decidedly fully CGI creations (viewers even mention the CGI model not being complete there). Those images are NOT Ifans. He even says in an interview that he's been doing mo-cap for the Lizard. That knowledge, in conjunction with the set photos of him, suggests that they are using practical effects/make up for the "proto-Lizard" stuff (see the photos I included in my previous post to get what I mean with that term), and then a CGI character for the actual Lizard, whether its the promo art or something more.

These?

189744-has-the-lizard-been-spotted-on-the-set-of-the-amazing-spider-man-621x322.jpg

PHkGsM5ukArnnr_1_m.jpg

Urm... it was taken from this scene.

"Then we see scenes that take place afterwards: Connors steals from his lab and descend into a secret lab in the sewers. We see him inject himself with some weird green formula. His re-grown left arm start to mutate, grows scales, he’s in agony, thrashing around in the sewer water, and suddenly we cut to two girls in a bathroom stall talking about boys
."

We're only going to see it for a few minutes/seconds before he changes completely into the Lizard. It's not a stage of the Lizard that we'll be seeing for a long duration of time. Although I like the idea that with each transformation he becomes more primal.

I'm actually not trying to be hostile. :huh: I've made comments regarding his "hurrr durrr" crap, and asked him to mature at the end of my post (it was a sincere request, as I enjoy this topic), but that in no way is me trying to be hostile. Honestly.

You're provoking him by doing the same thing. You want to be the more mature person, don't stoop to that level.

These?

189744-has-the-lizard-been-spotted-on-the-set-of-the-amazing-spider-man-621x322.jpg

PHkGsM5ukArnnr_1_m.jpg

Urm... it was taken from this scene.

"Then we see scenes that take place afterwards: Connors steals from his lab and descend into a secret lab in the sewers. We see him inject himself with some weird green formula. His re-grown left arm start to mutate, grows scales, he’s in agony, thrashing around in the sewer water, and suddenly we cut to two girls in a bathroom stall talking about boys
."

We're only going to see it for a few minutes/seconds before he changes completely into the Lizard. It's not a stage of the Lizard that we'll be seeing for long durations of time. Although I like the idea that with each transformation he becomes more primal.

:doh:

I forgot all about that description. Thanks for the info! Though I do wonder if thats all we'll see in the final film. Was the SDCC footage an actual portion of the movie, or just clips strung together? I forget.

:doh:

I forgot all about that description. Thanks for the info! Though I do wonder if thats all we'll see in the final film. Was the SDCC footage an actual portion of the movie, or just clips strung together? I forget.

You're welcome. :D

They were scenes from the movie.

- Dr. Connors in the sewers, then he makes his way into the girls bathroom.

- Peter breaking in his new powers. xD

- Peter and Gwen... and Ben. :awesome:

- Spidey messing around with a thug.

There's probably one or two more that I've missed out.

You're provoking him by doing the same thing. You want to be the more mature person, don't stoop to that level.

I disagree with your summation of the intent in my response, but you have "da powah", so, here's a picture of a cute girl giving the "OK" sign to illustrate my compliance:

okay.jpg

Not true. Just read the various posts about it. There are several different opinions from viewers of the SDCC footage, ranging from "he has a snout", "he has no snout", "he looks similiar to the promo art", "he looks very different from the promo art".

You can pick any one of these and say it is "fact" all you want, but the ONLY fact is that we won't know for certain until more info is released.

Actually, I'll quote everything that's been said by board members that saw the footage:

cryptic name:

It looks pretty much exactly like the lizard from the SDCC footage.

All I can say is that, for my money, this is pretty much what I saw of the lizard on screen.

Spidey_62:

Like the pictures of Venom from SM3 that were licensing art, they were a good indicator of what he looked like in the movie

RIM:

Is it like some kind of fan theory or something, because, to be honest, it's the first time I hear about some kind of evolution of the Lizard or some stages of transformation. I mean, I thought, seeing SDCC footage, that there's no need for the Lizard to be transformed.

It's not like we're dealing with the Ultimate version of the Green Goblin (when he goes through 3 stages of transformation).

I don't know man, but it's definitely not the same. That's the thing about promo art in general: it could be similar to the final product or bear some resemblance to it, but in the end - it's just not going to be the same

Eric from Pretty Much It:

Basically, I can definitely confirm that this is MUCH closer to what the Lizard looked like, however, I'm telling you there was much more of a snout. Like his face definitely came out more, it wasn't this flat. It looked that flat from the front when we saw it but I know there was a bit more of a snout to it. You can see that, once again, in a video that I did where I linked to images that leaked of the Lizard and you can clearly see he's like licking a girl's face and there's definitely more of a snout coming out.

The big section from Eric's quote to really note is the part where he mentions that from the front, the Lizard's face was in fact as flat as it looks and it doesn't come out as much until you see it from the side.

All of these quotes provide pretty conclusive evidence that this is more or less what we're getting. As they said, it's bound to look slightly different when it's a living and breathing entity, but this is basically it.

The Lizard with no snout from the comics besides Ditko's original take:

SpectacularSpider-Manv21315.jpg

SpectacularSpider-Manv21314-1.jpg

SpectacularSpider-Manv21314-3.jpg

SpectacularSpider-Manv21313-2.jpg

SpectacularSpider-Manv21313-3.jpg

SpectacularSpider-Manv21310-1.jpg

SpectacularSpider-Manv21309-1.jpg

SpectacularSpider-Manv21306-1.jpg

SpectacularSpider-Manv21303-1.jpg

SpectacularSpider-Manv21303-2.jpg

Wow that looks a lot like the promo art of the Lizard.

I've been meaning to track down the issues that those are from...I think it was those issues where it was revealed that Doc Connors has actually been in control of the lizard this entire time and has just been lying about it. Those issues have since been retconned/ignored out of existence, but it's interesting.

I've been meaning to track down the issues that those are from...I think it was those issues where it was revealed that Doc Connors has actually been in control of the lizard this entire time and has just been lying about it. Those issues have since been retconned/ignored out of existence, but it's interesting.

That's pretty much it. The issues are Spectacular Spider-Man Vol.2 #11-13. The big continuity errors though are that Connors knew that Pete was Spidey and that Billy Connors reversed in age.

That's pretty much it. The issues are Spectacular Spider-Man Vol.2 #11-13. The big continuity errors though are that Connors knew that Pete was Spidey and that Billy Connors reversed in age.

Reversed in age? So how old is he in those issues?

Why is his tail like 50 ft long?

I'm guessing artistic license. At least it doesn't look as ridiculous as Venom's tongue most of the time.

As an aside, a panel or two from these issues were used as homage in the Spectacular Spider-Man animated series episode Natural Selection. I believe the creators of that show also took note of the Lizard's design, such as the Lizard's lab coat with the ripped off sleeves and a really long tail.

I like the Lizard's eyes in that comic strip but something about him being so articulate that feels terribly wrong.

Looking at those sections from the comic...I think the biggest gripe might not be if he has a snout or not. I think the reason why everyone disconnects with the promo art is because of how human looking it it. If he had razor sharp teeth and more reptilian eyes, I think people would be more susceptible to it.

Just a thought.

Though I voted "It bothers me a little he doesn't have a snout". Don't get me wrong, I love what Ditko and Lee did with the introduction of the Lizard. However, that said, I've always been a huge fan of McFarlane's version. Just something about him being such a monstrosity is awesome. He is scary and evokes fear! That's something not felt with the possible movie design.

At least in my opinion.

Bothers me a little. He kinda looks to alien and not reptilian in the production art.

I just don't want it looking like a raptor dinosaur, that's too much of a cop-out.

:liz:

Last edited:
Looking at those sections from the comic...I think the biggest gripe might not be if he has a snout or not. I think the reason why everyone disconnects with the promo art is because of how human looking it it. If he had razor sharp teeth and more reptilian eyes, I think people would be more susceptible to it.

Just a thought.

Though I voted "It bothers me a little he doesn't have a snout". Don't get me wrong, I love what Ditko and Lee did with the introduction of the Lizard. However, that said, I've always been a huge fan of McFarlane's version. Just something about him being such a monstrosity is awesome. He is scary and evokes fear! That's something not felt with the possible movie design.

At least in my opinion.

Agreed.

I just don't want it looking like a raptor dinosaur, that's too much of a cop-out.

:liz:

I concur.

Agreed. Btw, I thought the story was awesome overall.

It looks great to me, but the whole thing could easily be ruined by cartoony CGI. It's essential that they go as realistic as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"