Comics Doesn't anyone else read Spider-Girl??

Awesome....

Though I just checked June's numbers... around 19 130 copies sold... though jarkoer tells us the book sizzles in the mass market, so I hope he's right.

It's a great Spider-Book that can stand on it's own merit. :word: :word: :word:

:yay:

This thread needs to be bumped big time!

So what did everyone think of the conclusion to the Carnage arc?

Classic Spider-Man stuff with some new added twists. And could little Ben have lost his hearing forever? Things are definitely going to be getting interesting.

And, I have to say, it was kind of hilarious in those few panels when Peter was coming up the elevator in the sonic suit complaining about how he's now a sidekick and he used to be the big hero, hahaha. Just kind of found it funny with all the "Wah wah wah, Spider-Man is Iron Man's sidekick" crap I had to see people go on about for months. I love Tom Defalco. :woot:

This thread needs to be bumped big time!

So what did everyone think of the conclusion to the Carnage arc?

Classic Spider-Man stuff with some new added twists. And could little Ben have lost his hearing forever? Things are definitely going to be getting interesting.

And, I have to say, it was kind of hilarious in those few panels when Peter was coming up the elevator in the sonic suit complaining about how he's now a sidekick and he used to be the big hero, hahaha. Just kind of found it funny with all the "Wah wah wah, Spider-Man is Iron Man's sidekick" crap I had to see people go on about for months. I love Tom Defalco. :woot:

hehe, I love that part too, Tom is the man.. However baby carnage was a bit too much to swallow.. =/

I have heard of the title but i havent picked it up. Is it worth picking up?

I like Spider-Girl. I like Defalco. To be honest though, I think the book's not as good as it was a few years ago. I feel like the book last something with the relaunch (or even before).

Forgive me for bumping an old thread.

Marvel.com has an article up on Spider-Girl and issue #25 of Amazing Spider-Girl:

http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.5123.Amazing_Spider-Girl~colon~_Still_Going_Strong

5123header_banner2288743.jpg
I started a thread regarding the article above but I felt it was better putting it in this thread.

I felt the relaunch really began to pick up during the Carnage arc but now it really has found a new threshold that it's been needing in a while with the Brand New May arc(Yeah, I get it).

I am excited to read Issue 25!

Amazing Spider-Girl is the only Spider-book I read right now, and I dare say it might be the best Spider-book right now. Putting aside what is going on with the mainstream Spidey.
Plus, I love the character that Mayday has, the old school storytelling and the supporting cast and villains.

Make Mine Mayday, indeed!

Have any current writers/artists expressed any interest in ASG (Slott, Bendis, Bagley, Yu, etc)? Just curious.

I wanted to get into Spider-Girl (picked up the What If...? issue when it came out), and had the very first trade. Is it being collected in trade form?

SPOILERS and SPECULATION!
Don't read if you haven't read Issue 25, yet.

It seems the Goblin Cult is going to implant the persona and memories of Norman Osborn into Peter Parker.

But the one thing that proves to be more intriguing is the battle for Mayday's destiny...going to get mystical.

I do believe the third soul within Mayday is her namesake and great aunt, May Reilly Parker. A much younger looking May Reilly as she did say her name is also 'May' and even though Mayday does not recognize her, Mayday and her destinys have intertwined before.
In a way it would make sense for May Reilly to guide her great niece in confronting and embrace her destiny, in the form of a giant Spider-Girl. She tries to fight/avoid the giant SG, therefore she neglects her destiny.
'May' and Mayday are both clothed in white so she belongs to Mayday not Arana, who is clothed in black.
Mayday is weaken when she questions her identity, it kinda allows Arana to actually have the chance to manipulate her into merging with her.

Whew, all the symbolism.

Now next Issue, we will find out just how much Arana is in control of Mayday's body and if the third soul, May, will try to fight back or urge Mayday to seperate herself from Arana.
I believe the Black Tarantula is going to have a role in seperating the two, he is going to notice something is different with Spider-Girl with their next meeting in ASG #27. The Tarantula is not a fool and will see through Arana's ruse.

The New May, well I have an idea how things will play out with her but it's interesting to see how she interacts with May's friends. She could very well blow Mayday's secret identity if she continues to exhibit her spider strength like she did on Gene.

Last edited:
I for one am loving this book. It's the only Spider-Man title aside from Ultimate and ASM:Family that doesn't make me want to kill someone.The Brand New May storyline is kicking ass.

Also, is anyone else checking out the Mr. and Mrs. Spider-Man stories in ASM: Family, by the team behind Spider-Girl? GREAT stuff. This is where Spider-Man COULD be, if not for editorial mandates and such.

Sads news unfortunately, Tom DeFalco has informed the fans at the Spider-Girl boards that ASG #30 will be the last issue. :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

And, with that, I will only read 2 Spider-books. Amazing Spider-Man Family, and Ultimate Spider-Man.:csad::csad::csad:

Sads news unfortunately, Tom DeFalco has informed the fans at the Spider-Girl boards that ASG #30 will be the last issue. :(

Wait. Forever? Its done?

I never thought it would happen. :csad:

If the Mayday features continue in ASMF, I'll keep gettin' that one. Otherwise, I'll be out of Spidey books 'cause 616 and Ultimate both suck ass.

Could this be along the lines of when they announced that Spider-Girl #100 would be the last issue? Could there just be another relaunch with another title? "Spectacular Spider-Girl"? "Web of Spider-Girl"?

Or am I just being too optimistic? :csad:

In the interview on the crawl space they talked about how the stories in spider-man family would be yielded about 16-17 pages so it'll be preeetty close to a normal spider-girl comic. Still not the same as having her own though.

It doesn't matter. I think this is just the next stept o phasing the book out completely. It starts with moving it to an anthology that doesn't ship monthly,and then it's time to look at the sales on the anthology (which I'd imagine they stay pretty low, as the bulk of the book is a reprint of a classic Spidey tale), and then the anthology will fall flat, as they always do.

I hope I'm wrong.

Either way, it sucks that I'm going to be without a monthly Mayday fix in the next few months. :waa:

It really sucks hearing about the end of this book now. I have not been around for a while and this is normally where I get my news. I have just been catching up on my Spider-Girl and have been really loving this series more and more. Hearing that it will be cancelled at # 30 kind of breaks my heart because that means this current storyline is basically the end. Which explains why they have delved so much into the Baby May storyline from the clone saga. I knew it was too good to be true, haha. Well, I have done my part in supporting this series through the years and hopefully this will not be the complete end, just another transition.

I wonder how come Kaine's rescue featured his current "bum" look and not his classic blue costume look. Hopefully that gets explained. Or maybe it's not the same Kaine at all! That'd be a kicker. Would explain why no Mark of Kaine action.

Now that you mention it that is kind of weird that he wasn't in his blue costume. That is definitely what he was still wearing around that time period, unless they are saying he switched over to plain clothes shortly after. I'm just kind of happy to see some kind of follow up to the storyline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"