Iron Man 2 Don Cheadle joins IRON MAN 2!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cuba Gooding Jr. is a horrible suggestion. If the need were to arise for a breakdancing Rhodey, then sure. Omar Gooding would work never Cuba

...just occured to me- how many fools played BATMEN??

Didn't he complain some time ago that he couldn't get a freaking audition for anything?

And yeah, let's not bring the actor from Daddy Day Camp or whatever it was called... :hehe:

don't forget Pearl Harbor (woah man that was low)

But he was in 'Boyz N' the Hood'.

That should never be forgotten or overlooked.

Yeah, he played Nicky Barnes.

It's a movie that definately deserves a look.

haven't seen it yet, so.. shh don't spoil it :oldrazz:

Don't worry - I won't spoil it.

All I'll say is that it's about a gangster;

who's American.

Dammit - I've said too much.

:oldrazz:

Don't worry - I won't spoil it.

All I'll say is that it's about a gangster;

who's American.

Dammit - I've said too much.

:oldrazz:

curse you! *shakes fist* now I can't see it

:funny:

Nothing "nuts" about it. The characters in the comics are drawings. No real person looks just like the drawings. Hell, different artists draw the characters in different ways. RDJ is not the only person on earth who could have portrayed Stark. Howard is not the only guy (heh, obviously) who could play Rhodey.

Nah. It's still nuts. A person can look like a drawing or painting. Even if a character is drawn different ways by different artists, there are certain similar attributes between those drawings - otherwise there'd be no continuity.

Rhodey is black. He's often drawn taller than Stark. He's often drawn with a beard. He's drawn as a military guy not a pencil-pushing waif.

You might say that "no one looks exactly like the drawings" but people can look really close. Or at least better than another actor up for the same part.

Most people on these boards discuss casting in terms of looks all the time.

42622-cheadle_howard_341x182.jpg

You guys won't even notice the change. The resemblence is striking.

Movies are becoming like soap operas. The cast of characters keep chaning, and we just have to pretend XXX in part 2 is the exact face as ZZZ from part 1.

42622-cheadle_howard_341x182.jpg

You guys won't even notice the change. The resemblence is striking.

Movies are becoming like soap operas. The cast of characters keep chaning, and we just have to pretend XXX in part 2 is the exact face as ZZZ from part 1.

I really think they should recast Rhodey because Cheadle looks nothing like the Rhodey that I envisioned. Still a damn shame that Howard can't come back and give us WM.

howard should be brought back into the marvel fold to do something else.. White Tiger, maybe...

That ain't bad-
Tho White Tiger making it to live action, screems Elektra III

Nah. It's still nuts. A person can look like a drawing or painting. Even if a character is drawn different ways by different artists, there are certain similar attributes between those drawings - otherwise there'd be no continuity.

Rhodey is black. He's often drawn taller than Stark. He's often drawn with a beard. He's drawn as a military guy not a pencil-pushing waif.

You might say that "no one looks exactly like the drawings" but people can look really close. Or at least better than another actor up for the same part.

Most people on these boards discuss casting in terms of looks all the time.

My point still stands. Like I said earlier they cast an age appropriate black guy both times. Neither looks like Rhodey from the comic books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"