Doom Patrol Doom Patrol - Season 1 Discussion

I'm actually glad that happened. Doom Patrol is a masterpiece! Phenomenal show!

You nailed it, truly.

I completed my DP timeline and - within 2 or 3 episodes - I will launch a brand new TV Doom Patrol website featuring it.

Admiral Whiskers just broke me. It was the oddest yet most heartbreaking scene of the show thus far, and that's really saying something! I was like, what am I watching and then the poor rat lost his mother and it was just so sad, yet I was laughing at the same time. I'm a horrible person for that lol.

I really want Matt Bomer for Hal Jordan or even Supes!

Getting sick of Hammerhead more and more. Tired of seeing her treating everybody and especially Cliff and Rita like sh*t

Great episode. They absolutely nailed Danny the Street. And Larry finally had his cathartic moment. Can’t wait for next week.

He lost the role of Superman to Brandon Routh

Being fair, would the Matt Bomer of 15 years ago have been as suitable as the Matt Bomer of today?

As an aside, Legends of Tomorrow has convinced me that Brandon Routh missed his calling. He shouldn't have been Superman at all. . . he should have been Captain Marvel.

I guess since I haven’t read the comics...

I was confused about how Danny was shown to be a nice-looking town but then a crappy-looking one later on. Why not look nice all the time?

Also was confused about the ending with Jane.

Matt Bomer once again really shined in this new episode IMO. Larry is such a sympathetic and interesting character and man do they get you to root for him. I'm glad he finally had his big moment too. The stuff with Jane was pretty cool in this episode as well and now I'm curious to see what's to come next.

I guess since I haven’t read the comics...

I was confused about how Danny was shown to be a nice-looking town but then a crappy-looking one later on. Why not look nice all the time?

Also was confused about the ending with Jane.
It was explained in the episode. Danny had been running from the bureau and was tired. The people living there were also tired and didn't party as much and as such, Danny was losing his "life force".

It was explained in the episode. Danny had been running from the bureau and was tired. The people living there were also tired and didn't party as much and as such, Danny was losing his "life force".
Oh, ok.

Honestly I found this episode so boring. I felt like it was trying so hard to be "very special" and really anymore, is being a drag queen such a shocking thing? I'm from a pretty small place and even here it's not really a big deal anymore. I wasn't sure why the bureau was so against diversity.

I did enjoy hearing Matt Bomer sing, although it felt like just a way to showcase that he could sing. I've seen Glee, I know he can sing. Even Jane's storyline was a little boring to me until the end where it showed her "underground" and I'm curious where this all goes next episode.

My own read is that the Bureau of Normalcy is. . . well, just as weird and strange and insane as Danny, frankly. They aren't meant to be seen as normal or rational, even in the typical sense of bigots. At some point, they might have been just a covert government operation, but now? Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't been answering their phone calls in decades, and might be an outright genius loci of their own.

Honestly I found this episode so boring. I felt like it was trying so hard to be "very special" and really anymore, is being a drag queen such a shocking thing? I'm from a pretty small place and even here it's not really a big deal anymore. I wasn't sure why the bureau was so against diversity.

I did enjoy hearing Matt Bomer sing, although it felt like just a way to showcase that he could sing. I've seen Glee, I know he can sing. Even Jane's storyline was a little boring to me until the end where it showed her "underground" and I'm curious where this all goes next episode.

The character Danny the Street was written by Grant Morrison back in the 90s. I think drag queens and kings were much more counter culture back then.

Based on comments I’ve read elsewhere in regards to this episode, some people had a really big problem with all the drag queen stuff. It isn’t as accepted as we might believe.

Just caught up on this show and while in early episodes there were moments where I felt like it was too much "weird for weirdness' sake," I really feel like either the show or I got into the groove because the last two episodes have been my faves. This is SO much better than Titans and it now gives me hope for Swamp Thing where I previously had none.

So about Negative Man's powers:
It seems like he's indestructible like David Dunn or Luke Cage, and has superhuman resistance to higher and extreme temperatures. Electricity also makes him suffer, but not die like anyone else.
I think his "deformed" aspect is not burning-out, but the effect of the radioactivity that he absorbed.
That would explain how he survived the rocket crash and why you can see - in the origin flashback - the flames barely "scorching" him.

Cool to see Jane's personalities as their own people

Only negative I can think of for episode 9 was that it was too short. I wanted to spend more time in the underground, more time to see her grapple with the other personalities. But holy damn was that ending powerful stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"