Duncan Jones' Warcraft - Part 3

I mean, it's hard to adapt anything as big as Warcraft.

So, do fans and their friends overselling it or the film is indeed not so bad?

Y95qpkl.jpg

[YT]NRISmm3dpVw[/YT]
This is starting to look like the BvS forum. :lmao:

Did you read Jaime's response to the film in this very thread?

I mean, it's hard to adapt anything as big as Warcraft.
If Jones knew he had only 2 hours, you need laser focus. Not to stuff as many characters as possible into that runtime. Jackson made huge cuts to the FotR, and he had 3 hours.

I did. I saw two negative opinions in this thread, couple more maybe about a week ago. And, of course, reviews. But a lot of people like it too... So what's your point?

I can't see anything on the image.

What is it?

And is there anyway to tag another member so they see a response to a post from the other thread?

I did. I saw two negative opinions in this thread, couple more maybe about a week ago. And, of course, reviews. But a lot of people like it too... So what's your point?
If you went by twitter response, every movie is the best movie ever. Fans singing the praises, busting out the well used adjectives, does not a great film make.

I can't anything on the image.

What is it?

And is there anyway to tag another member so they see a response to a post from the other thread?
Right click -> view image. If you're using Firefox.

Of course, I have to keep an open mind because I haven't seen the darn thing. But it's gut feeling told me it wasn't going to be good, and it's hard to be optimistic about the film. I was for a little bit after they release some of the clips.

If you went by twitter response, every movie is the best movie ever. Fans singing the praises, busting out the well used adjectives, does not a great film make.
I see. I usually don't follow this stuff. So I have no idea. Anyway, my tickets are booked. In 24 hours, I'll check it out too.

I did read one of the positive reviews for the film too, and even he kinda gave it a mix reception, saying that it's not THE film that can change the way people look at video game movies.

What video game movies need is not the Avengers, but an Iron Man 1.

I did read one of the positive reviews for the film too, and even he kinda gave it a mix reception, saying that it's not THE film that can change the way people look at video game movies.

What video game movies need is not the Avengers, but an Iron Man 1.
I think right now what it needs is a Superman The Movie, Batman 89 or Spider-Man.

Henry Cavill is at London Premiere.

13241097_10209571523946157_6349983485337841685_n.jpg

He played WoW.

I can see it now, but I can't understand anything that it says. :p

I'm no great scribe myself, but what happened to the English language. :whatever:
But I thought being able to articulate your point did not matter...

giphy.gif

Damn it. I was gonna say this.

In the previous thread you responded to one of my posts -

The prequels weren't complex. They were convoluted. The two are often conflated.

Quote:
My point was that I doubt Warcraft is difficult to follow if you have never played the games.
You shouldn't have to supplement whatever book/comic/video game/trading card/tv show something is based on to make sense of a cinematic narrative. It should work on its own terms.

No, the Prequels were not complex. That was my point. ;)

And for the second part - no this shouldn't happen but I wasn't saying it should. Another poster had said you'd have to have played the games or been a fan of the franchise to follow what was going on in the film.

I was saying that I doubt very much that this is the case.

not saying its good or bad but is jamie the be all end all of opinions he also really liked x men apocalypse which is being ravaged by critics

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"