Duncan Jones' Warcraft - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone else kinda shocked this movie comes out in 2 months and we have only got 1 trailer

and the trailer didn't exactly blow people away

really feel this is gonna bomb with the little marketing this film is doing

So Henry Cavill was playing World of Warcraft when he got the phone call to play Superman, and he even missed the first phone call due to gaming.

who should Cavill play in a WC movie? I'd say make him Varian Wrynn:
latest

But i'd settle for:
latest

Damn right, Cavill for Varian, no question, can only imagine what a beast he'd look like in that armour.

As meh as I am on the whole Arthas story, unfortunately they'll definitely make that a movie since a lot of the fanboys like it, and it's one of their most known stories. Personally I'd much rather see a movie with Illidan/Malfurion/Tyrande.

Has this already been posted? I don't think it has.

New tv spot, "Unstoppable Heroes".
[YT]v=3JPkUhgIOOY[/YT]
For some reason, these tv spot are doing a better job at getting me hyped for the movie than the trailers did (on that I disliked them or something). Weird.

anyone else kinda shocked this movie comes out in 2 months and we have only got 1 trailer

and the trailer didn't exactly blow people away

really feel this is gonna bomb with the little marketing this film is doing

The domestic marketing's been pretty poor. But the chinese revenue pretty much guarantees this film financial success. So long as it's actual quality is decent (like at least Hobbit level) it will hopefully get a sequel with better marketing.

Looks like the character posters are officially released: http://warcraftmovie.tumblr.com/

Spoiler tagged for length

Durotan - The Rebel:
Chieftain of the Frostwolf Clan, Durotan will do whatever it takes to find a home for his people.

tumblr_o59tqpvHGm1sk8j96o1_1280.jpg

Lothar - The Warrior:
Forged in the fire of battle, the brave knight Lothar has sacrificed everything to become defender of Azeroth.

tumblr_o59tqcX21y1sk8j96o1_1280.jpg

Garona - The Survivor:
Garona is the unbroken survivor who will join Lothar and Durotan to save a world they can all call home.

tumblr_o59tr5pP5j1sk8j96o1_1280.jpg

Gul'Dan - The Invader:
A tyrannical orc shaman wielding dark powers, Gul’dan sees all life as fuel for the Horde.

tumblr_o59trh7IaX1sk8j96o1_1280.jpg

Llane - The King:
Leading from the front-lines, the noble King Llane is a symbol of strength in a time of war.

tumblr_o59trswg571sk8j96o1_1280.jpg

Orgrim - The Defiant:
Wielder of the mighty Doomhammer, Orgrim is fiercely loyal to his Chieftain Durotan.

tumblr_o59ts7aKPT1sk8j96o1_1280.jpg

Lady Taria - The Queen:
In an age of beasts and battlegrounds, Lady Taria’s grace and diplomacy provide a beacon of hope to the people.

tumblr_o59tskeX0u1sk8j96o1_1280.jpg

Blackhand - The Destroyer:
Driven by cruel ambition and fueled by rage, Blackhand the Destroyer is war incarnate.

tumblr_o59tsuZxNv1sk8j96o1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
female warrior in an action movie is the only one in a sexy pose.

hollywood :bow:

Dat green leg tho.
I just wish they'd let us get a good look of her big t[BLACKOUT]eeth[/BLACKOUT]. :hmr:

They're not even trying to be subtle about it. :funny: At least Black Widow's poses are kind of action-y, and everyone else is in an action pose too... But with these, everybody's standing pretty normally... and then there's Paula Patton in Sports Illustrated: Monster Edition.

They're not even trying to be subtle about it. :funny: At least Black Widow's poses are kind of action-y, and everyone else is in an action pose too... But with these, everybody's standing pretty normally... and then there's Paula Patton in Sports Illustrated: Monster Edition.

Did you miss the Black Widow Winter Soldier poster. That poster caused a bit of a storm here lol. Paula actually looks more like Gamora than Zoe ever did.

Per Duncan, looks like we'll be getting the next trailer on Tuesday (the 19th):

https://twitter.com/ManMadeMoon/status/720755020434542592

Dave DSG ‏@Dave_DSG 14h: if he only will show a new trailer, that could help a lot...right Mr Duncan, any news about that?..=^)

Duncan Jones @ManMadeMoon
Verified account

@Dave_DSG little carrion bird told me to keep your eyes on the net on the 19th of this month.

What are your hopes to see in the Possible New Trailer this Tuesday?

Glad to see a new trailer, hope the marketing starts to build up.

Trailer №2
[YT]watch?v=tuxFgqDKbbY[/YT]

CGI...
And music...

Jv4KYF4.gif

Epic fail.

Goodbye Arthas in Warcraft epic trilogy...

Last edited:
Man that trailer song was bad. And I don't mind using rock influenced stuff in trailers but just from a song stand point that didn't sound good.

I agree they really need to start establishing some characters. And not just characters, but some personality as well. The characters are just coming off as bland.

Outside the annoying choice of music in that trailer (which is not from the film - sometimes the marketing division can be so annoying), I'm very much looking forward to this film. I'm loving the visuals.

And can I please have a Gryphon for a pet? :hrt: :oldrazz:

Duncan's comment regarding trailer music:

Duncan Jones ‏@ManMadeMoon
Verified account

For those asking, no... music in the movie is not dubstep. It's magnificent Ramin score!
So why in the trailer?

Cgant4WUsAA2mEw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"