Duncan Jones' Warcraft - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes me worry they keep showing the same scenes again and again with just some different variations.

It bothers me how weak this looks. The blending of effects is downright horrible, while the practical just looks plastic and fake.

Welp, Ive given this more than enough opportunities and time for this to impress me, and it hasnt. Unless this gets really good reviews Im gonna have to pass on this. Ill pick it up at redbox.

Duncan Jones, what the hell, man?

this has a 100 million budget not surprised by non- polished cgi

this has a 100 million budget not surprised by non- polished cgi
This does bring me back to something. I remember telling everyone here that the delay would not help the special effects, because they wouldn't overspend on the budget, which is what would be necessary to make use of the extra time. This movie has been done for months.

On Twitter, Jones himself seems continually frustrated by the marketing, retweeting fan posters but not the official, publicly complaining about the music choices etc.

He should chill on that because, although I agree with him, that's not a good look if he wants to keep working in the studio system...which I'm not sure he does

This is not an advertising problem alone. The movie just doesn't look good imo. Cheap, generic and lacking any sort of weight.

It doesn't help that the story doesn't seem to make sense and the acting is... weak.

I think the story makes sense, it just doesn't look like the characters are interesting. No personality to them

and then yeah the CGI like Darth said

Yeah most of the dialogue is spoken offscreen.

I think the story makes sense, it just doesn't look like the characters are interesting. No personality to them

and then yeah the CGI like Darth said
Very much like most video games actually. It is kind of funny, some don't realize how derivative video game stories and characters are. Stuff like the Witcher or GTA are the exception, far from the rule.

I hope I'm proven wrong, and I'll gladly eat crow if I am, but I will be shocked if this turns out good.

I'm not feeling it. Modern action movie trailers all share the exact same beats now it's hard to look at this with any real sense of excitement. This just looks so uninteresting.

Watching it again this clearly has the fingerprints of some ponytailed sporting, Hawaiian shirt wearing marketing executive who thinks this will attract kids. I'm not surprised at all that Duncan Jones pissed at the marketing, I can tell there's been a lot of effort put into this but the marketing has let it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"