Indiana Jones V - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucasfilm is udner Disney now, they're not going to create anything new now, Lucas should probably have tried more of that during the end of the 90s and throghout the 2000s. Indiana Jones is a franchise i would like to see getting another try more in line with Raiders and Last Crusade than Crystal Skull, over the past few years we have gotten similar films like the Mummy rebooted trilogy, National Treasure and Tomb Raider, but it's not completely the same.

I think Kennedy can still green light original projects under the Lucasfilm banner, even though it's all under Disney.

And I would rather have another adventure like Temple of Doom please!

He isn't teasing anything. He even said it was just a hope but Deadline took it as a way to tease it is going to happen?

Would love to see it happen myself, one more with Harrison before a re-boot down the line. KOTCS wasn't the best way to close out the franchise.

Spielberg mentioning Indy 5 two times in a month is better than completely ignoring it. It's a good sign, it means the idea is still pretty much present.

Does Ford even want to do another one? He's 73, for Christ's sake. And you can't even compare it to him returning to Star Wars because Indy is a far more physical role than Han Solo.

I don't even know how they'd do it. I suppose they could recast Mutt and treat it like a "Last Crusade" type of movie with Indy in the Sean Connery role, but Mutt wasn't even a well-received character.

As silly as this would be, i would love it if Indy 4 turned out to be one big dream sequence.

I'm not quite sure why Speilberg is mentioning this - Ford comes across, even more so recently, that he just doesn't have it in him, in terms of 'youthfulness' to pull off these roles. Sure, everyone loves him, he is a legend, but to expect the Ford of yesteryear, is hard to press. I kinda disliked his recent roles, he was phoning it in, not because he was lazy or disinterested, but just due to age, you can't be that animated anymore - it's rare.

However, i do feel that Harrison could pull of one last attempt at a big movie and that would be Indy 5. After that, he really can call it a day.

Altho, star wars is't a bad way to go :)

If Spielberg and Ford want to do it, you let them do it.

I have to admit that even when he IS good, like in 42 or Age of Adaline, I feel like there are some awkward moments in his line reading. Or the timing of his line readings. But I blame the directors on that.

I feel like if you're gonna with modern Ford, you gotta be patient, and you can't be scared to actually direct him. Otherwise, you'll get 'Paranoia' or whatever crap he's done. Meaning that JJ could let Max Von Sydow do his thing because he's STILL THAT good even at 87, when JJ has to be like a hawk on Ford, and push him.

Last edited:
That being said, his role in 42 is probably his best role in the past 20 years.

Shia watching Crystal Skull

giphy.gif

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.c...iana-jones-assures-han-solo-is-still-a-rogue/

Even as he prepares to return to theaters next month as Han Solo in “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” Harrison Ford is keeping one eye on another iconic role, that of a certain archaeologist-adventurer.

“Oh, yeah. Yeah, I’d love to do another Indiana Jones,” the 73-year-old actor tells Entertainment Weekly. “A character that has a history and a potential, kind of a rollicking good movie ride for the audience, Steven Spielberg as a director — what’s not to like?”

That will undoubtedly be greeted with a sigh of relief from fans, who have ridden a rumor roller coaster for the past couple of years: Despite repeated insistence by franchise producer Frank Marshall that Disney and Lucasfilm aren’t interested in recasting the title role, talk of a rebooted “Indiana Jones” has persisted.

I'm a big Indy fan and I'm okay with a recast. But if Ford and Spielberg still want to do another Indy, I'm all for it.

In all honesty if Liam Neeson is still running around doing this ****, Ford can eke one more out.

In all honesty if Liam Neeson is still running around doing this ****, Ford can eke one more out.

60 is the new 40 when it comes to action movies. Look at Stallone and Schwarzenegger. Ford even did Crystal Skull at 65.

The only right direction for Indy 5 is if they recast Mutt with a more competent actor and have Ford tag along like Connery did in Last Crusade. And keep George Lucas the hell away from it.

Having Ford as Indy in a Henry Sr. type role I wouldn't mind at all if there was a compromise. It should still be a lot about him though. If they cast Pratt as Mutt I'd be totally okay with that.

They should set this one in the 60s or 70s and have it focus on some kind of horror lore or artifacts, keeping in tune with the genre of the era per the last movies.

60 is the new 40 when it comes to action movies. Look at Stallone and Schwarzenegger. Ford even did Crystal Skull at 65.

The only right direction for Indy 5 is if they recast Mutt with a more competent actor and have Ford tag along like Connery did in Last Crusade. And keep George Lucas the hell away from it.

Ford will be 75 by the time this gets going if it ever does, and he seems to be getting hurt a lot lately.

I don't see how that is the only right direction.
My opinion would be a recast all together and get rid of Ford.
What will they do with a sequel? Mutt Ravenwoood Jones and the…yeah no.
If they want to end this franchise go with Ford, if they want it to go forward recast. I can't see Disney wanting to finish off someone else's franchise when they have the possibility of restarting one.

Ford will be 75 by the time this gets going if it ever does, and he seems to be getting hurt a lot lately.

I don't see how that is the only right direction.
My opinion would be a recast all together and get rid of Ford.
What will they do with a sequel? Mutt Ravenwoood Jones and the…yeah no.
If they want to end this franchise go with Ford, if they want it to go forward recast. I can't see Disney wanting to finish off someone else's franchise when they have the possibility of restarting one.

Honestly, I'd rather them just leave the franchise alone than see them make another movie at all after how disappointing the last movie was. If Spielberg and Ford want to do another one, nothing's going to stop them, but that should be an endcap for the series.

Am I the only one here who wants to see the role recast with a different director?

Honestly, I'd rather them just leave the franchise alone than see them make another movie at all after how disappointing the last movie was. If Spielberg and Ford want to do another one, nothing's going to stop them, but that should be an endcap for the series.

Yeah but Disney didn't pay a ton for Lucasfilm to let the franchise sit around.
It wasn't just Star Wars they bought.

Am I the only one here who wants to see the role recast with a different director?

Nope, I'm all for that and honestly it make's the most sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"