Duncan Jones' Warcraft - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
June 10th is so nearby. =)

I'm out!

t6the8.gif

I'm still hopeful of the movie being good and I've liked some of the things I've seen but god damn has the marketing for this film been terrible. The first trailer received an "alright" response and the second trailer should've really sold this to audiences. Instead we get dubstep.

Feel free to join.

I mean I was always open to the idea of Warcraft but I think theyre coming in 10 years too late, Im getting strong "The Hobbit" vibes, and the marketing hasn't done much to help the movie.

I was never "in" per say, but Im hoping it turns out good because I want good movies and I like Duncan Jones

I mean I was always open to the idea of Warcraft but I think theyre coming in 10 years too late, Im getting strong "The Hobbit" vibes, and the marketing hasn't done much to help the movie.

I was never "in" per say, but Im hoping it turns out good because I want good movies and I like Duncan Jones

Agreed, too much cgi for me.

Avatar - "Great, we want even more CGI in the sequel"
Warcraft - "WTF why didn't they just shoot the movie in Montana with no CGI"

The will bomb so hard in the box office. Shame since I wanted this to be a good movie. I hope it will be a good movie but these these trailers are so underwhelming.

Based on what assumption will this bomb? Warcraft is a known franchise to +20 million gamers, even if less than half of that go and see this movie, that'd still make a big buck.

I dont think this will bomb but I don't think this will be a success. Too little hype, too much competition

Based on what assumption will this bomb? Warcraft is a known franchise to +20 million gamers, even if less than half of that go and see this movie, that'd still make a big buck.

Absolutely ZERO buzz.

I have no problem with the amount of CGI, but like The Hobbit the CGI just doesn't look good. I can't put my finger on it, but it just looks off to me

Absolutely ZERO buzz.

Did Max Mad have any buzz right before release?? Did Jungle Book have any buzz right before release?

Granted, I don't look how much buzz exists for a movie, how it's compared or how in general we can know what the general audience wants.

I'm thinking 350 million worldwide.

Well that's already a 150 million profit. :yay:

well its not bad seeing how the rumored budget is only 100 million

Did Max Mad have any buzz right before release?? Did Jungle Book have any buzz right before release?

Granted, I don't look how much buzz exists for a movie, how it's compared or how in general we can know what the general audience wants.

Lol yes Mad Max and Jungle Book had buzz before there release. Seriously? Especially Jungle Book that had HUGE buzz before it's release. A movie with no buzz would not have 100 mill+ opening

and also that 150 mill profit is not how things work financially. 350 mill would not be good. Not terrible, but not good

Last edited:
Good Lord that trailer sucked. I'm rooting for you Jones, but goddamn.

Are you serious right now? Jungle Book has had amazing buzz...

Also you need to take all the marketing into account, so no, that isn't 150 million in profit. :whatever:

I didn't hear anything about Jungle Book or Mad Max until it started getting reviews, which we're mere weeks/1 month away from release.

Like, I was excited for Mad Max since the 1st trailer, but I don't think anyone expected it to be the hit it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"