[E3 2006] The Sony Conference

Mentok said:
Im expecting over a thousand dollars for teh PS3 when the Australian pricing is announced :(

I feel bad for the people buying it at launch now.

oh yeah, ahahaha it might be close to 900 maybe.

Spidey-Bat said:
http://cnet.com.au/games/ps3/0,39035763,40062685,00.htm
$830 and $1,000. Damn, I thought we in the US had it bad. I know it's probably the same with exchange rates, but $1,000 looks worse compared to $500.

Dont get mne started on how much more we pay for games than you guys :(

I should just move to the States... OR Japan... Japan rocks with the Ninjas and the school girls and what not :up:

Yeah, go to Japan. It's a cheaper flight and a cooler country. Although if you want to live there, you must be assimulated into their culture, otherwise they'll hate you.

Strgts said:
Everybody sing with me the song

The PS3 is going to bomb oh yeah. Sony is screwed oh yeah. The PS3 is going to bomb oh yeah

The Playstation 3 is not going to bomb, will you people please stop saying that. It has far too many exclusive franchises for it to bomb: Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Tekken, etc. However, unless Sony lowers the price, it's leadership in the market is severly questionable.

hippie_hunter said:
The Playstation 3 is not going to bomb, will you people please stop saying that. It has far too many stupid and gullible fanboys for it to bomb: .

Fixed :D

hippie_hunter said:
The Playstation 3 is not going to bomb, will you people please stop saying that. It has far too many exclusive franchises for it to bomb: Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Tekken, etc. However, unless Sony lowers the price, it's leadership in the market is severly questionable.

None of those franchises can sell a $600 console. Not even MGS.

Spidey-Bat said:

I'd go for PS3 on the back of FF exclusivity alone.

i fail to see whats so great about the FF series, stories dobnt even continue, sure they share a similar theme(loosly). but the storylines dont even make sense at times.

GoldenAgeHero said:
i fail to see whats so great about the FF series, stories dobnt even continue, sure they share a similar theme(loosly). but the storylines dont even make sense at times.

Yeah the stories aren't really linked and they're certainly not perfectly structured but I found FF VII, VIII & X to be the most involving games for their time. I haven't found many story based games that you can play for that long and get as much satisfaction on completion.

Iceman/Psylocke said:
I'd go for PS3 on the back of FF exclusivity alone.

I love Final Fantasy but not enough to make me right away buy a 600 Dollar System. Since most of the Playstation Games I like are not even Launch Titles I am deciding to wait. I would much rather get a nice brand new $599 (yes same price as the PS3) Windows Media Center PC which would make my XBOX 360 much more useable then the PS3 ever will be & you can do a hell of alot more with a PC & play a hell of alot more Games then you ever will with a Playstation 3. This is just an examble as how you can put that 6 to 700 / 800 Dollars into something a hell of alot more useable rather then get a PS3 at Launch with limited Games. I see no reason in getting the PS3 right away at launch

The combo of FF, MGS, KH and the best ports of Pro Evo will keep me a Sony man, despite the price. Sorry for sounding so shallow....

BTW, I'm not gonna get the PS3 right away, I'm gonna wait until I've completed BOTH ff12 and KH2, which aren't out till autumn over here....

I'd advise UK fans of FF or KH to do the same...

Spidey-Bat said:

Alone, no (depending on how hardcore the fanboy is, me, I bought a Gamecube just to play the remake of Metal Gear Solid). But together is my point. Also what Horrorfan said is partially correct also.

It has far too many stupid and gullible fanboys for it to bomb:

I dont feel like reading all 34 pages to see if this question is answered but did sony announce a release date for the ps3?

NOFX said:
I dont feel like reading all 34 pages to see if this question is answered but did sony announce a release date for the ps3?
November 17th I believe...

Strgts said:
I love Final Fantasy but not enough to make me right away buy a 600 Dollar System. Since most of the Playstation Games I like are not even Launch Titles I am deciding to wait. I would much rather get a nice brand new $599 (yes same price as the PS3) Windows Media Center PC which would make my XBOX 360 much more useable then the PS3 ever will be & you can do a hell of alot more with a PC & play a hell of alot more Games then you ever will with a Playstation 3. This is just an examble as how you can put that 6 to 700 / 800 Dollars into something a hell of alot more useable rather then get a PS3 at Launch with limited Games. I see no reason in getting the PS3 right away at launch

That's fair reasoning. :up: I think the majority will be thinking in a similar more rational vein.

Final Fantasy is one of those games like Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid etc where exclusivity can matter hugely to certain fans. General games fans probably won't be swayed but I'm just trying to show that it is one of the primary considerations for hardcore fans with a similar mindset to myself. Not being able to play certain games on a particular console can be a significant disadvantage to us irrational consumers.

Spidey-Bat said:
FF has been lacking since 8

X was good but not at the level of VIII & I don't really know what to say about IX.

I have high hopes for XII & XIII.

Kutaragigrill.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"