Early Thor Darkworld box-office predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though TDW's box-office performance is not really that great. I have to say thats its not bad at all, especially if you consider the budget of this film. The difference from the budget of the 1st Thor movie is just 20 million. I'm sure we will be getting a Thor 3 film. Even if it doesn't earn 200 million domestic and 700 million worldwide.

Even though TDW's box-office performance is not really that great. I have to say thats its not bad at all, especially if you consider the budget of this film. The difference from the budget of the 1st Thor movie is just 20 million. I'm sure we will be getting a Thor 3 film. Even if it doesn't earn 200 million domestic and 700 million worldwide.

Oh no doubt about that. I wonder though if the big wigs will look at this and attempt to move it into a different direction.

Hopefully they will listen to the criticisms that the critics gave to this movie.

Hopefully they will listen to the criticisms that the critics gave to this movie.

In a way do they have to though? Worldwide grosses on these movies seem to increase by leaps and bounds all the time. And not just superhero movies all movies. More theaters keep opening and there are more and more people in the developing world that can afford to see them every day. Even if a movie doesnt do great domestically( the new wolverine for example) it doesnt slow it down.

What exactly were the agreed upon criticisms of the movie anyway?

What exactly were the agreed upon criticisms of the movie anyway?

-The flow/pacing of the movie especially at the start
-Generic movie
-Feels like a filler movie before the next big MCU film
-Not satisfying enough

Thats what I get when I read the negative comments in RT.

LOL well we all know that when it comes to superhero movies in this day and age there are very few if any agreed upon criticisms:)
Oh boy is that ever true.

-The flow/pacing of the movie especially at the start
-Generic movie
-Feels like a filler movie before the next big MCU film
-Not satisfying enough

Thats what I get when I read the negative comments in RT.
I feel the movie was entertaining but actually agree with all those criticisms.

Ohhhh...my....god!

jaws_girl_swimming.jpg

It is interesting. I think three things affected this.

1. Just ok word of mouth
2. Just ok critic reviews
3. And its the 4th superhero movie of the year. Burnout.

I think it had a good release date, and I dont know if Avengers helped it at all. I think it would have probably done similar numbers without avengers which is interesting.

Too much over the top and unnecessary misplaced comedy also.

The latest from Deadline.com. It looks like its back to a $35 million estimate and a 60% weekend drop. It lost Friday to the Best Man Holiday. Hopefully it does better overseas and gets at least $400 million for a $600 million total box office.

Top 10
1) Thor: The Dark World/ PG13/ Disney / Week 2/ Runs: 3841/ $10.527 Fri./ $15.264 Sat. 45% / $9.158 Sun. -40% = $34.949 Weekend -59%. Per Screen Average, $9,099. Total domestic gross $143.5 million.

2) The Best Man Holiday/ R/ Universal/ Week 1/ Runs: 2024/ $12.500 Fri./ $13.550 Sat. 10% / $6.353 Sun. -45% = $34 Million Weekend. Per Screen Average, $14,033. Total domestic gross $34 million.

The latest from Deadline.com. It looks like its back to a $35 million estimate and a 60% weekend drop. It lost Friday to the Best Man Holiday. /QUOTE]
Its not the latest thought-thous estimates here from morning - Niki dropped BMH to 10-11 not 12, there is no update from here on TDW yet.

The latest update for Friday.

Best Man $10.7 million

Thor $10.4 million.

$400m+ internationally is a lock. There is no need to worry at all. It is already a success.

Well the jump wasn't quite 200% but pretty darn close.

It was close enough to just say it was a 200% jump. Bad Grandpa jumped 219% so I guess most of the movies are just correcting themselves after tha Holiday inflated Monday. It's looking like 36-37mil for The Dark World.

So, in the end it seems like it's going to make more or less what the first one did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"