Edgar Wright Leaves Ant-Man!! - Part 2

Man the way the reaction was when he left, you'd think it was Martin Scorsese who had departed Marvel Studios. Seriously, I agree with Wage Garrete, it really seems like people were more excited to see an Edgar film than an Ant-man movie. You really have to start question if any of these people are actual Ant-Man fans (no offence to anybody).Edgar Wright left. Disagreements happen between studios all but when MS do it, it's suddenly "Oh Marvel never give their director's freedom, they should let directors do what they want" The problem with that complaint is that Marvel kissed Edgar's ass for 8 years, writing the MCU to accomodate his film and even let him do other projects instead of Ant-Man. Not even Whedon received this kind treatment (in fact he got the worst when he was forced to write out Wasp and the re-write the whole script). Egdar was gonna make the film he always wanted as long as it fit in the MCU. Things didn't work out and they split. Get over it. I'm tired of having to hear the same people ***** about this. Good God I really hope Reed makes an amazing film just to shut these people up (if he doesn't, I'll admit I was wrong). Edgar's gone so please...

tumblr_mxh4i2zyUn1qdsm1jo1_500.gif

This topic should be locked I think for everyones best interest. Its just a place where people complain/fight now it seems. Lets all move on and just focus on the Peyton Reed AM film.

Teekay, do you really think a post like that helps?

Well it's a discussion forum and I decided to chip in. Look Edgar is a great director. ALL his movies are great and I love them, dearly (especially the Cornetto Trilogy) I'm more annoyed at the his fanbase here. Sure there are people who have expressed dissapointment and moved on but some people can't seem to let it go even though Feige has said what happened (respectfully so). I don't recall people freaking out this much when Petty Jenkins left Thor 2, or when Branagh didn't return for Thor 2.:oldrazz: But you're right, my post might even fuel another debate, so I'll leave it at that.

This topic should be locked I think for everyones best interest. Its just a place where people complain/fight now it seems. Lets all move on and just focus on the Peyton Reed AM film.

Agreed.:up:

I appreciate the respectful response .
Instead of locking the thread why not start a Peyton Reed Thread ?
And turn this into an Edgar Wright Appreciation thread?
That way everybody wins and has a place to go .

Best of luck to Edgar in the future but I say lets keep this forum about the actual Ant Man film being made. Not about Wrights departure. Its really not worth our time. Been there, done that.

A Peyton Reed thread is actually a really good idea. But maybe wait until he says or does something?

I appreciate the respectful response .
Instead of locking the thread why not start a Peyton Reed Thread ?
And turn this into an Edgar Wright Appreciation thread?
That way everybody wins and has a place to go .

Because Edgar Wright is no longer involved in this movie or any other MCU project. An appreciation thread is completely off topic for an Ant-man forum at this point.

There is also already a Peyton Reed thread.

You're right, I missed it. Although it's almost halfway down the page!

I thought that there might be Peyton Reed thread .
It is not very active though .
Why not just stop posting in the Edgar Wright thread
And just start posting in the Peyton Reed Thread ?

Man the way the reaction was when he left, you'd think it was Martin Scorsese who had departed Marvel Studios. Seriously, I agree with Wage Garrete, it really seems like people were more excited to see an Edgar film than an Ant-man movie. You really have to start question if any of these people are actual Ant-Man fans (no offence to anybody).Edgar Wright left. Disagreements happen between studios all but when MS do it, it's suddenly "Oh Marvel never give their director's freedom, they should let directors do what they want" The problem with that complaint is that Marvel kissed Edgar's ass for 8 years, writing the MCU to accomodate his film and even let him do other projects instead of Ant-Man. Not even Whedon received this kind treatment (in fact he got the worst when he was forced to write out Wasp and the re-write the whole script). Egdar was gonna make the film he always wanted as long as it fit in the MCU. Things didn't work out and they split. Get over it. I'm tired of having to hear the same people ***** about this. Good God I really hope Reed makes an amazing film just to shut these people up (if he doesn't, I'll admit I was wrong). Edgar's gone so please...

tumblr_mxh4i2zyUn1qdsm1jo1_500.gif
TeeKay, there are actually far more Edgar Wright fans than Ant-Man fans. Ant-Man is an obscure comic book characters who sells fewer than 10,000 copies a month.
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2014/2014-06.html

I'll tell you what I am: a comic book movie fan and a fan of good cinema. Like ~95% of people who watch CBMs, I care more about the movies than about the comics. I have watched Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Captain America: The First Avenger, The Incredible Hulk, The Avengers, Thor 2, and Captain America: The Winter Soldier in theatres, that's 7 of the 9 MCU films that I've watched in theatres, without ever having bought or read a comic for any of them.

Like nearly everybody else, it doesn't matter to me that the character is Ant-Man, New Warrios, Ms. Marvel, Miracle Men, Thunderbolts, Elektra, or Nova, whichever one was being made I was going to watch, all that was exciting for me was that something new was being tried in a medium that I follow. I'm a fan of novelty and people attempting novelty as an end in itself.

TeeKay, there are actually far more Edgar Wright fans than Ant-Man fans. Ant-Man is an obscure comic book characters who sells fewer than 10,000 copies a month.
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2014/2014-06.html

I'll tell you what I am: a comic book movie fan and a fan of good cinema. Like ~95% of people who watch CBMs, I care more about the movies than about the comics. I have watched Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Captain America: The First Avenger, The Incredible Hulk, The Avengers, Thor 2, and Captain America: The Winter Soldier in theatres, that's 7 of the 9 MCU films that I've watched in theatres, without ever having bought or read a comic for any of them.

Like nearly everybody else, it doesn't matter to me that the character is Ant-Man, New Warrios, Ms. Marvel, Miracle Men, Thunderbolts, Elektra, or Nova, whichever one was being made I was going to watch, all that was exciting for me was that something new was being tried in a medium that I follow. I'm a fan of novelty and people attempting novelty as an end in itself.

I have seen every MCU movie in the cinema twice and bought them all on BD with the exception of IM3 and Thor 2, but thats because I have just been living abroad for a year and couldnt afford it.

I also read lots of comics from Marvel and plenty of other companies and have read some Ant-Man stories.

With Wright at the helm, we were guaranteed to get a good movie at the least IMO, my main worry with him leaving and Peyton Reed taking over is that we wont.

You guys are really gonna keep going on this? Wow.

You could just unsubscribe to the thread. If the topic is that annoying to you.
Or people could actually move on and discuss something that's relevant to the movie that's going forward.

Or people could actually move on and discuss something that's relevant to the movie that's going forward.

This thread is called Edgar Wright leaves Ant-Man, not Edgar Wright left so move on.

Well it's a discussion forum and I decided to chip in. Look Edgar is a great director. ALL his movies are great and I love them, dearly (especially the Cornetto Trilogy) I'm more annoyed at the his fanbase here. Sure there are people who have expressed dissapointment and moved on but some people can't seem to let it go even though Feige has said what happened (respectfully so). I don't recall people freaking out this much when Petty Jenkins left Thor 2, or when Branagh didn't return for Thor 2.:oldrazz: But you're right, my post might even fuel another debate, so I'll leave it at that.

Agreed.:up:

Scott Pilgrim bombed.

Here is my point. I love Edgar Wright's movies as well. But his being the director alone wasn't going to guarantee this movie become a hit. He's not Christopher Nolan.

Here is my point. I love Edgar Wright's movies as well. But his being the director alone wasn't going to guarantee this movie become a hit. He's not Christopher Nolan.

He would have guaranteed the movie was good though, Marvels name would have taken care of the 'hit' side of things.

I have considerably less confidence the movie will be good with Reed at the helm, but I hope he surprises me nontheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"