Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Hank Pyms arch enemy pre-Ultron was Egghead who was a mastermind villain with a long standing grudge against Ant-Man. He eventually got killed by Hawkeye

Wonder Man shouldn't be the villain and doesn't even really have a connection to Ant-Man. Why should he die either as a possibility, otherwise that leaves him unredeemed. He should be in the Avengers instead. And the only reason Ultron uses Wonder Man's brain patterns is because they are available and to preserve them. However, there is the whole Grim Reaper (Eric Williams) connection. He is the real driving force behind Wonder Man as a baddie, and he ought to feature in the Wonder Man story.

For Ant-Man, the villain should be Whirlwind at least, with Ultron being introduced, but only as a robot at the time and not a full-on villain until maybe towards the end. Then Ultron, like Loki, can gain tremendous power and take on the entire Avengers for Avengers 2.

Well he may not have a connection to Ant-Man but he def has a connection to Vision, irregardless I think wonder man should def be introduced somewhere, with Grim Reaper as well why not! Unless they change Visions backstory which I have no issues with if done right.

The hell is up with you people? I thought you guys were film geeks too, you should know Edgar Wright is a ****ing powerhouse behind the camera that almost everyone in Hollywood respects and loves. His films don't make much money? Yeah, but everyone knows his movies are ace, including Feige who has repeatedly said that Edgar can take his time. It's not like a Hollywood AND cult favorite director isn't gonna be in demand because one of his (very well-made) movies flopped, like "oh man, Wright excels at his job but his movie didn't make much- he's BOX OFFICE POISON!" Feige has shown this. This actually sounds reminiscent of another scenario where a flopped movie's director was hired- Serenity, anyone?

Hell, Wright has stated this movie is his next project and once he focuses his attention there it will get done. Both Scott Pilgrim and Hot Fuzz had first drafts an unusually long amount of years before they even picked up a camera for them.

And yeah, the only reason I'm excited for Ant-Man (Marvel making it has me interested, not excited) is that Wright is at the helm. He can take another decade and I wouldn't mind in the slightest.

This... Some Of This Ant-Man Hate Is Really starting To Wear Thin and Im not even an Ant-Man Fan But With Edgar Wright Im Expecting A Great Film and cant wait for it to show alot of folks how wrong they are about it

This... Some Of This Ant-Man Hate Is Really starting To Wear Thin and Im not even an Ant-Man Fan But With Edgar Wright Im Expecting A Great Film and cant wait for it to show alot of folks how wrong they are about it

Punctuation is your friend.

How about this:

A.I.M. with Egghead and M.O.D.O.K. try to steal Ultron (who would be like a creepier JARVIS) A.I.M. eventually corrupts Ultron. At the end we could have Pym and Wasp vs Ultron vs A.I.M. .
Maybe there could be a scene like the end of Rise of the Planet of the Apes with Pym and Ultron going their seperate ways.

Last edited:
I just think you need to figure out a different way to incorporate or introduce Hank Pym other than this movie. Marvel/Disney is in no hurry to make it.

At this point the earliest we could see it is 2014.

Well Hank Pyms arch enemy pre-Ultron was Egghead who was a mastermind villain with a long standing grudge against Ant-Man. He eventually got killed by Hawkeye

Egghead. Hmmm... part of the gravitas of a genius supervillain is their ability to thoroughly outsmart and challenge the hero. If the hero himself is already himself a genius, then it loses it's punch, to me. I think that's part of why comic writers don't make use of Egghead. It's tough when even your name is a gimmick, too.

That said, he does make a great origin villain.

The way I'd do it is to incorporate the 60's spy element as a story where Hank and Jan, not married but both agents for an early SHIELD, are asked to infiltrate the USSR to steal some secret weapon technology/discover who has been killing their top agents in Eastern Europe. The twist would be that the person they uncover as the assassin is the Winter Soldier.

You get to use the trip as a way to build the romance between the two and can have introductory sequences where Hank does a random mission, like a Bond Intro; there are lots of films to get a reference off of like Torn Curtain or Firefox. Plus you could reference things like Anton Vanko's work for the USSR before he was banished to Siberia or any other period topics.

The way I'd do it is to incorporate the 60's spy element as a story where Hank and Jan, not married but both agents for an early SHIELD, are asked to infiltrate the USSR to steal some secret weapon technology/discover who has been killing their top agents in Eastern Europe. The twist would be that the person they uncover as the assassin is the Winter Soldier.

You get to use the trip as a way to build the romance between the two and can have introductory sequences where Hank does a random mission, like a Bond Intro; there are lots of films to get a reference off of like Torn Curtain or Firefox. Plus you could reference things like Anton Vanko's work for the USSR before he was banished to Siberia or any other period topics.

That does sound like a cool idea, and I would even be down with it set in the 60s if it weren't for the fact that I want to see them used in a future Avengers movie, so unfortunately they would have to be in modern day. They could still have a similar mission though - just not in the 60s. Maybe they need to retrieve something in Russia or Eastern Europe. Torn Curtain would be a good template. Paul Newman and Julie Andrews were, in some ways, quite Hank and Jan like.

That does sound like a cool idea, and I would even be down with it set in the 60s if it weren't for the fact that I want to see them used in a future Avengers movie, so unfortunately they would have to be in modern day. They could still have a similar mission though - just not in the 60s. Maybe they need to retrieve something in Russia or Eastern Europe. Torn Curtain would be a good template. Paul Newman and Julie Andrews were, in some ways, quite Hank and Jan like.

Yeah, I completely agree that it should be modern times and that, at the very least, Hank and Jan should cameo in The Avengers.

Ant-Man in general is a totally do-able concept to film, it's just how creative and specific to the characters that matters.

Really don't see Newman and Andrews in Hank and Jan. Andrews usually prim and proper and Newman is usually the strong badass and not a scientist type.

Do they mean actually releasing it in 2014, or it only starting being filming/directed then?

Planning to huh?

That's as definite as you can get without exaggerating. You never know what could happen in 2 years. If everything falls in line the way it's supposed to, Ant-Man will be filmed in 2014.

As much as I want the real original Avengers on screen together, there are a lot of different options to go with if it doesn't work out with Hank and Janet. Maybe you could have Hank and Jan have a kid who inherits pym's genius(as well as mental instability) and he could become an avenger, or possibly introduce goliath as a substitute maybe? I wouldn't particularly be a fan of that, but it is still a possibility.

I do like the idea of hinting at the winter soldier showing up and then maybe even disappearing (suspended animation) and show up in a future movie..

Do they mean actually releasing it in 2014, or it only starting being filming/directed then?
Filming, as I understood Wright plans to do The World's End next, and Ant-Man after it.

They have third our fourth draft of the script ready, early pre-prod has started at Marvel (pre-viz, concept art), they are just waiting for the go. 2013 is obviously lined-up with Thor 2 and Iron Man 3, so I guess in the meantime he can finish his The Three Flavours Cornetto Trilogy.

I don't know what they have for 2014 yet, though. Cap 2 is very likely, but what's the other one? Dr. Strange? Avengers 2 seems too early.

At this point, I have no expectations of Edgar Wright on Ant-Man anymore.

Think about this guys. We first head about this project in 2006. It's been over five years. There's been virtually almost no movement on this project. Yes scripts have been written bloddy bloddy blah, but where is the movie? It's not getting made right now. Wright moved on and did Scott Pilgrim. He worked on Tintin. And now he's doing another movie.

Marvel, Disney, and Wright are in no hurry to do Ant-Man. Face it, it is low on their priorities right now. About as low as an Iron Fist film which sucks because I love Iron Fist.

As much as I want the real original Avengers on screen together, there are a lot of different options to go with if it doesn't work out with Hank and Janet. Maybe you could have Hank and Jan have a kid who inherits pym's genius(as well as mental instability) and he could become an avenger, or possibly introduce goliath as a substitute maybe? I wouldn't particularly be a fan of that, but it is still a possibility.

I think, from having seen the Avengers Superbowl spot with Iron Man flying and Hulk swatting those aliens, it would've looked cool with both Hank and Jan in there. We could've seen Jan flying together with Iron Man, but the aliens dwarfing her. There could've been a chase scene. Also, it would've been cool to either see Giant Man towering over the city and grabbing these alien ships or even being felled by some of them and crashing down upon the city.

Filming, as I understood Wright plans to do The World's End next, and Ant-Man after it.

They have third our fourth draft of the script ready, early pre-prod has started at Marvel (pre-viz, concept art), they are just waiting for the go. 2013 is obviously lined-up with Thor 2 and Iron Man 3, so I guess in the meantime he can finish his The Three Flavours Cornetto Trilogy.

I don't know what they have for 2014 yet, though. Cap 2 is very likely, but what's the other one? Dr. Strange? Avengers 2 seems too early.

I don't know that Cap 2 is a given. In fact, I don't know that there *is* a Cap 2 being planned....Marvel certainly hasn't mentioned it. They very well may choose to attach Cap's future strictly to the Avengers, and focus on him as the team leader instead of trying to develop a solo franchise set in the modern era.

I think Chris Evans said he was contracted to six films that would be split into 3 Captain America movies and 3 Avengers movies.

Why do we need an "ACTUAL" Ant-Man film? Disney has ABC Family, so why not put together a TV movie. That way Ant-Man exists in the MCU and the character wouldn't need an origin story by the time Avengers 2 happens.

An Ant-Man theatrical release would flop, but I think a TV movie could do well.

Why do we need an "ACTUAL" Ant-Man film? Disney has ABC Family, so why not put together a TV movie. That way Ant-Man exists in the MCU and the character wouldn't need an origin story by the time Avengers 2 happens.

An Ant-Man theatrical release would flop, but I think a TV movie could do well.

where in comic book history did you get the notion that Antman is a kiddy superhero that deserves a Disney show?

I'll wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back