Elfman is Working on the Music

Danny Elfman has done more stuff in the music industry than most movie composers. Heck, Danny is one of the few composers who also write, produce, and sing songs for movies. He did more stuff in Nightmare Before Christmas than John Williams does in ten movies.

amen!

While some don't like Danny's dark, scary "circus" themes, theres no doubt that he has had a very large impact on music in many different forms.

Not ever Visionary can argue with that

Danny Elfman has done more stuff in the music industry than most movie composers. Heck, Danny is one of the few composers who also write, produce, and sing songs for movies. He did more stuff in Nightmare Before Christmas than John Williams does in ten movies.
exactly, Danny elfman is the best composer I ever heard. I mean his style is so cool. I can see that elfman did alot of music and I am happy about that because now I know elfman has more experiance in music for films than most composers do which is highly good because the more exaperiance is the better the music will trurn out on film in my opinion atleast.

He's put out more repetitive crap than any other composer, that's for damn sure. :dry:

exactly, Danny elfman is the best composer I ever heard. I mean his style is so cool. I can see that elfman did alot of music and I am happy about that because now I know elfman has more experiance in music for films than most composers do which is highly good because the more exaperiance is the better the music will trurn out on film in my opinion atleast.

I do have to agree. Elfman is one of the great movie composers of our time. His music is timeless and has so much passion. In my opinion his music is up there with Williams and Goldsmith. I was worried that his music would not be used for the film and would end up like Superman 3 and Batman Forever. It was the themes that keep our heroes alive and original.

I do have to agree. Elfman is one of the great movie composers of our time. His music is timeless and has so much passion. In my opinion his music is up there with Williams and Goldsmith. I was worried that his music would not be used for the film and would end up like Superman 3 and Batman Forever. It was the themes that keep our heroes alive and original.
no doubt:up:. not only is the music keeping the heroes alive and original but it also keeps that hroic feeling to them and represents who they are. I mean composers have to know how to represent that with the music which is something I think elfman is faithfully good at.

The Spider-Man movie main theme always makes my spine tingle whenever I hear it, which is a great. That means it affects me and makes the movie experience more enjoyable and puts me "in" the movie, so to speak, and to me, that makes it good music. The main theme is haunting and heroic and beautiful all at the same time. It's a little bit Peter, a little bit Spider-Man. I also like the Peter and Mary Jane "love theme" music, I guess you could call it, that is nearly always played in the background when the two of them are on screen together. It's sweet and romantic. Yeah, so I'm a girl. :woot: I've always loved most of (but not all of) Danny Elfman's music, like in Edward Scissorhands, Batman, Beetlejuice, etc. Just brilliant, in my opinion.

I also like the Peter and Mary Jane "love theme" music, I guess you could call it, that is nearly always played in the background when the two of them are on screen together. It's sweet and romantic.

Unforunately, Chris Young has composed a new love theme.

Nah, I think the new love theme Young is scoring is probably for Peter/Gwen, not for the MJ/Peter theme.

Elfman is one of the great movie composers of our time. His music is timeless and has so much passion. In my opinion his music is up there with Williams and Goldsmith.
You've gotta be f---ing kidding me, Williams and Goldsmith, I hope your talking about the names of your relatives--and not the composers? :dry:

I personally always thought that Goldsmith was overrated. I respect him a lot more for the number of movies that he'd scored and not so much the quality of his music.

Don't know if Elfman would go toe to toe with John Williams, you can't put those two in the same bracket. They both write polar opposite types of film scores.

Overrated would be the guy who scored too many comic book movies for his own good.

The Spider-Man movie main theme always makes my spine tingle whenever I hear it.

When I hear that theme in this movie once again, Im gonna have a tiny orgasm. I know that.

D!

Unforunately, Chris Young has composed a new love theme.
why? thats not good, that romance song in my opinion fit perfectley for peter and mj. I mean young better have created a good romance song for peter and mj or I'm going to be dissapointed with that part of the music. anyway what I believe is that changing the music is the wrong route to go so I just hope the new romance song is satisfying.

Nah, I think the new love theme Young is scoring is probably for Peter/Gwen, not for the MJ/Peter theme.

Maybe, but Young said NOTHING about keeping the Peter/MJ love theme.

Don't know if Elfman would go toe to toe with John Williams, you can't put those two in the same bracket. They both write polar opposite types of film scores.

John Williams is a genius. He is one of the greatest movie composers of all-time. However, I prefer Danny Elfman because not only is Elfman a talent score composer but he also writes, produces, and sings songs for many movies. He did it for Midnight Run, Big Top Pee-Wee, Batman Returns (remember Face to Face), Nightmare Before Christmas, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and Corpse Bride. Not to mention all the songs he contributed to movie soundtracks back in the `80s with his Oingo Boingo rock band. He did everything from Fast Times at Ridgemount High to Weird Science to Ghostbusters II.

John Williams is a genius. He is one of the greatest movie composers of all-time. However, I prefer Danny Elfman because not only is Elfman a talent score composer but he also writes, produces, and sings songs for many movies. He did it for Midnight Run, Big Top Pee-Wee, Batman Returns (remember Face to Face), Nightmare Before Christmas, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and Corpse Bride. Not to mention all the songs he contributed to movie soundtracks back in the `80s with his Oingo Boingo rock band. He did everything from Fast Times at Ridgemount High to Weird Science to Ghostbusters II.

Amen Catman. You can't sum it up any better than that.

Visionary, admit that while Elfman can be somewhat repetitive, he's also a jack of all trades when it comes to musical ability.

Maybe, but Young said NOTHING about keeping the Peter/MJ love theme.

exactly, elfman is a god of music. he can sing different styles of music and he can composer music no matter how difficult it is. Elfman in my opinion knows whats right an not's right in music, say if there was a song he was composing that didn't sond bad but didn't sound good or maybe it had a little weirdness in it, Elfman would make sure he does it right befor he finishes because he knows the music wouldn't be good if it isn't done right.

I will admit that Tim Burton and Elfman are great together. Elfman is the kind of composer that you really, really, really have to like his style in order to enjoy his music, because he doesn't switch up his style like most composers. There in lies the problem with me.

And I already said I like the Peter/MJ romance music, Aunt May and Peter Parker themes by Elfman.

Elfman is the kind of composer that you really, really, really have to like his style in order to enjoy his music, because he doesn't switch up his style like most composers.

To begin with, most composers don't change their style per say. You're confusing style with the type of music. Elfman has done everything from comedies (Back to School, Nacho Libre) to dark comedies (Beetlejuice, Scooged), to superhero (Batman, Spider-Man), to horror (Nightbreed, Sleepy Hollow) to dramas (Dead Presidents, A Simple Plan), to family/musicals (Black Beauty, Nightmare Before Christmas) to sci-fi/fantasy (Men in Black, Planet of the Apes) to action films (Mission Impossible, Proof of Life) and even a western (Sommersby).

All those genres, you think the man would give something different musically at some point. :dry:

Beetle-Juice
Batman
Spider-Man
Men In Black
Sleepy Hollow
Scrooged
Hulk
Edward Scissorhands
Pee-Wee
Flash
Dick Tracy

It all sounds pretty much the same to these ears. :o

All those genres, you think the man would give something different musically at some point. :dry:

Beetle-Juice
Batman
Spider-Man
Men In Black
Sleepy Hollow
Scrooged
Hulk
Edward Scissorhands
Pee-Wee
Flash
Dick Tracy

It all sounds pretty much the same to these ears. :o

It's not Elfman's fault that you appear to be tone deaf. He has a huge range of music from The Simpsons to Spider-Man. Many have a whimsical quality, but films like POTA and MIB are subtle and much different from say the haunting Sleepy Hollow or Scissorhands. I'd say he is one of the most diverse composers.

Most composers have a distinct style, that's what sets their work apart from others'. Williams, Goldsmith, Horner, Elfman, and Zimmer are all pretty easy to tell their work. The only modern composer whose style, I think, differs with each movie is Howard Shore.

It's not Elfman's fault that you appear to be tone deaf.

lol. I've said that to Visionary so many times over the past 5 years that I don't even bother bringing it up anymore.

The only modern composer whose style, I think, differs with each movie is Howard Shore.

Even though Howard Shore has been composing movies for 25 yrs now? :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"