Enough With The Bad Spoof Movies!!!!!!!

The Scary (and Superhero) Movie franchise became unwatchable as soon as the Wayans family jumped ship. For all of the bashing against the Wayans family I do, I can't help but admit that things somehow become less funny as soon as they walk away from them (In Living Color is another example).

As for the Movie Movies (from the idiots who brought us Spy Hard)...
I saw Date Movie, laughed maybe twice in the whole movie, and walked away from that franchise permanently. Every trailer for every new movie they put out looks worse than the previous movie. I don't know anybody who sees these movies or buys the DVDs, but they're somehow turning enough of a profit to make more. It's sickening.

Those 2 franchises have actually tainted my view of spoof movies so badly, I didn't watch Walk Hard until months after it came out on DVD. And that movie was awesome.

...Tropic Thunder seems good...

Is Tropic Thunder really a spoof? I admit I thought it would be when I first saw the posters and commercials, but the plot is more about "actors having to pretend to be the characters they play from a serious movie within a movie."

...It's a spoof on other famous war movies...But that's about it...

It's a satire on Hollywood...Pseudo spoof on war movies...Namely Apocalypse Now...

...That's the way I see it anyways...

So it's a less-thought out "Three Amigos". But hardly in the same vain as the movies I'm talking about.

I can't wait for "Spoof Movie Movie" to come out. j/k

I'm calling it right now: Dance Movie. You just know someone's going to make it.

I agree with everybody. The first two scary movies weren't that bad but after they're god awful.

I always liked this spoof movie, i can SO relate to it :woot:
[YT]li0bq-XCyG0[/YT]
:hehe:

Aside from a few boring parts, I actually liked Not Another Teen Movie.

I am so gonna blame you if that's the next one.
Oh, but it's such an obvious choice. The number of movies about dancing we've had in recent years is quickly catching up to the number of superhero movies.

Step Up
Step Up 2 The Streets
You Got Served
How She Move
Stomp The Yard
Take The Lead

Dig back a few more years and you've got:

Save The Last Dance (and its DTV sequel)
Bring It On
Breakin'
Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo
Billy Elliott
Footloose
Saturday Night Fever
Honey

Get someone GOOD to make that movie, and I'd be all over it. Mel Brooks isn't dead yet. He can make it.

Manic, you missed three Bring It On sequels.

I refuse to acknowledge them.

I still refuse.

You're lucky I like Futurama. Or else I might find clips of the Bring it on sequels on youtube and post them...

Oh, but it's such an obvious choice. The number of movies about dancing we've had in recent years is quickly catching up to the number of superhero movies.

Step Up
Step Up 2 The Streets
You Got Served
How She Move
Stomp The Yard
Take The Lead

Dig back a few more years and you've got:

Save The Last Dance (and its DTV sequel)
Bring It On
Breakin'
Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo
Billy Elliott
Footloose
Saturday Night Fever
Honey

Get someone GOOD to make that movie, and I'd be all over it. Mel Brooks isn't dead yet. He can make it.

I'm aware of the likelihood. That's why I'd blame you for putting it out there. I seriously doubt anyone good would make it.

If it makes you feel better, I doubt the Date/Epic/Disaster Movie guys would make it. They don't have the focus necessary to make a movie with a single focused parody. "Dance movies? Let's make another random pop culture joke!" From what I've read, the only actual disaster film parodied in Disaster Movie is An Inconvenient Truth.

The Scary/Superhero movie guys have the focus necessary to stick to a single genre, but they suffer from SJS (S****y Joke Syndrome).

Speaking of horrible parody movies, did anybody see High School High? *shudder*

I don't understand the idea of doing a parody of a parody. Diaster Movie makes fun of "Zohan"...ummmm..what's the point? STUPID!

It makes me long for Mel Brooks.

If it makes you feel better, I doubt the Date/Epic/Disaster Movie guys would make it. They don't have the focus necessary to make a movie with a single focused parody. "Dance movies? Let's make another random pop culture joke!" From what I've read, the only actual disaster film parodied in Disaster Movie is An Inconvenient Truth.
That's my point. Nothing I've seen in the commercials has ANYTHING WHATSOEVER to do with the actual genre they're supposed to be spoofing. "Iron Man" is not a disaster movie. "Hulk" is not a disaster movie. Neither are "Juno" or "Zohan". And while I found "Indiana Jones" & "Wanted' to be disastrous, they are in no way disaster movies. It seems like they're just throwing this one together for the hell of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"