• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

IGN's Top 10 Worst Comic Book Movies of the Decade (2000-2009)

Spider-Man 3 should be called Spider-Man 3 & 4, as it literally is that. The only reason it wasn't split into two parts is that no good place for a cliffhnager could be found.

I myself love Spidey 3.

The Bell Tower scene would have been a perfect spot if they didn't want to cram Venom in the last 30 minutes as they did.

The Bell Tower scene would have been a perfect spot if they didn't want to cram Venom in the last 30 minutes as they did.

But that's the end of the second act. There isn't enough material after that for another whole movie, it's just action. I think a better clifhanger would be Spidey 'killing' the Sandman intercut with MJ kissing Harry.

I've been thinking and I really can't come up with a viable cliffhanger for spidey 3.....

the problem with spidey 3 is often cited as venom having little screentime and being jammed at the end. but the real problem was sandman. he felt very much out of place, they ruined the origin of the first one, and really didn't offer anything new other than cool effects.

it should have just been GG2 and venom. first black spidey vs harry, and the end with harry and spidey vs venom.

the problem with spidey 3 is often cited as venom having little screentime and being jammed at the end. but the real problem was sandman. he felt very much out of place, they ruined the origin of the first one, and really didn't offer anything new other than cool effects.

it should have just been GG2 and venom. first black spidey vs harry, and the end with harry and spidey vs venom.

Yea, as much as Venom was under developed, I felt Sandman was totally the oddball. He was just there for the sake of another Spidey 'major villain' being there... (kinda like Juggernaunt in X3)

To redemn the movie, Goblin Jr. was great :yay:

Yea, as much as Venom was under developed, I felt Sandman was totally the oddball. He was just there for the sake of another Spidey 'major villain' being there... (kinda like Juggernaunt in X3)

To redemn the movie, Goblin Jr. was great :yay:

wish there was more of him.

sandman was a favorite character of Raimi and mcguire. there was no story with it.

Missing from the list: Art School Confidential

A movie with promise that disappears up its own ass in the second half.

wish there was more of him.

sandman was a favorite character of Raimi and mcguire. there was no story with it.

I find it funny that Raimi just rushed Venom in the film because nearly everyone else wanted him in the film, but Sandman feels more like the rushed character. Sure, Thomas Hayden Church did the best he could with the material, but Sandman's role in the film just seemed so incredibly forced.

I honestly had no problems with Topher Grace as Eddie Brock and James Franco as Goblin Jr. It was Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst that were horrid.

I find it funny that Raimi just rushed Venom in the film because nearly everyone else wanted him in the film, but Sandman feels more like the rushed character. Sure, Thomas Hayden Church did the best he could with the material, but Sandman's role in the film just seemed so incredibly forced.

I honestly had no problems with Topher Grace as Eddie Brock and James Franco as Goblin Jr. It was Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst that were horrid.

That's what I keep telling everyone that says venom was rushed. it's actually the other way around. sure we didn't see much of venom, but raimi actually did well with developing brock. it fit in with the dealing with the darkness of peter, how he could abuse the power if he wasn't a good person. the story practically writes itself.

That's what I keep telling everyone that says venom was rushed. it's actually the other way around. sure we didn't see much of venom, but raimi actually did well with developing brock. it fit in with the dealing with the darkness of peter, how he could abuse the power if he wasn't a good person. the story practically writes itself.

And yet Raimi still screwed that up because of his petty hatred.

I never thought of it reverse like that probably because the birth of Sandman is a beautiful scene and one of the few that you can tell Raimi tried his hardest on but you guys are right, Sandman is really out of place in the movie and unnecessary. I never had a problem with Venom in fact Topher was my favorite in the movie because he seemed like the only one of the cast that looked like he was having fun and was pumped to be there. You take out Sandman work on the black spider-man tendencies like maybe pummeling a crook to near death or something and getting mad at everyone close to him as well as fighting ruthlessly against GG 2 for the first half and then work on Venom in the second half and you got yourself a great movie.

IMO Venom crippled Spider-Man 3, not Sandman. And i'm amazed people thought Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst were terrible, thats just ridiculous to me...I thought they were fantastic in all three films, even with the....Emo...Parker scenes....YIKES!

IMO Venom crippled Spider-Man 3, not Sandman. And i'm amazed people thought Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst were terrible, thats just ridiculous to me...I thought they were fantastic in all three films, even with the....Emo...Parker scenes....YIKES!

In a few words it was Raimi who crippled the movie.

And yes, Maguire, his dancing, his absurd 'hey I'll hand-comb my hair into a emo hairstyle because emo is my dark side' thing and his constant child crying with a bizarre face were just bad. Dunst was never good to start with in any of the movies.

The Mary Jane-Peter relationship's backs and forths were simply unsustainable.

Eddie Brock was a joke and Sandman was just a living cartoon. The only 'emotional' vibe he had was to constantly opening the daughter's picture with a sad music, once and again.

The whole movie felt like a set of the worst of the previous two without one single redeeming aspect.

I loved the dancing. I don't see why it's so hard for people to see that it was played for comedy...

Tobey you can at least argue for somewhat in the third film, but Dunst had already worn out her welcome, mostly due to the fact that MJ was written as an annoying, envious b**ch and she was kind of a **** when you think about all the guys she kept going to.

But I did like Grace as Brock, and Church did the best he can do with what he had gotten. In fact, all the villain performances weren't bad at all, but the bad writing left a lot more to be desired. I still think Dunst and Maguire did a pretty bad job though. Evil Parker wasn't evil enough. He was more emo than evil.

I never thought of it reverse like that probably because the birth of Sandman is a beautiful scene and one of the few that you can tell Raimi tried his hardest

I agree. That scene is wonderful. But to me it was like dying Alfred scene in the middle of Batman & Robin.

I liked most of it, minus the street dancing.

And the "Milk and Cookies" scene. And the emo haircut. Maybe I could forgive those parts if there were more scenes that better showcased how evil Peter was, and if they dug a little deeper into his dark side, it would've been better. Like if they included another Uncle Ben dream sequence, this time with a positive end to it, it would've made not only a great bookend to a scene in Spiderman 2, but it would've made the symbiote storyline even stronger.

I loved the dancing. I don't see why it's so hard for people to see that it was played for comedy...

It's obvious that it was for comedy.

The problems were others much too different: it was terrible comedy and what made it worst was that it was exactly when the movie should have turned really serious.

The darker tone wasn't fully set up yet. It made him and the symbiote look more like a job and not an actual threat to him when they should've at least spent more time showcasing more of Peter's dark side before playing th dance scene. It was funny though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"