Evangeline Lilly Cast as Hope Van Dyne

I wouldn't put too much stock in ANY WB/DC announcements.

That having been said; just because there was no Ant-man 2 announced doesn't mean there won't be an Ant-man 2. I remember 3 years ago when Poni-Boy (and maybe a couple others) was on here adamantly declaring that Marvel would NEVER make an Ant-man movie.

Sure I do. Marvel has announced 10 films for Phase 3 and not a single one is Ant-Man.

I didn't see Spider-Man in that initial announcement either, but we know how that turned out. There's nothing stopping them from announcing Ant-Man 2 as a part of that slate.

Who says it has to be Phase 3, anyway?

I didn't see Spider-Man in that initial announcement either, but we know how that turned out. There's nothing stopping them from announcing Ant-Man 2 as a part of that slate.

Right. Even if there's no Ant-Man 2 scheduled for Phase 3, there's no reason it can't be part of Marvel's Phase 4 slate. The only Phase 4 movie we know of so far is Inhumans. Marvel could easily order an Ant-Man 2 for Phase 4 if the current movie proves to be a big hit with audiences.

In the meantime, we'll be seeing more of Ant-Man in Civil War and, most likely, in the Infinity War movies.

And yes, Hope did have a case of "she's probably the most all-around competent character in this film. But we cannot make her THE lead because...IDK she's not a man or something.

Female character there for the sole reason of being rescued by the big strong man = the creators hate women

Make her smart and capable and fully heroic in her own right instead = creators still hate women

Prime SJW logic. I'm surprised tumblr isn't calling for Peyton Reeds head as we speak. They're probably too busy writing Lang/Loki slashfic to bother.

So they wrote Hope to be much more competent than Scott and people still complain smh. I'm pretty sure her Wasp suit will be an upgrade over the Ant-Man suit as well.

The movie is called ant-MAN not ant-girl, ant-woman, or Wasp.

PS - I loved that Hope can kick Scott's butt.

The movie is called ant-MAN not ant-girl, ant-woman, or Wasp.

PS - I loved that Hope can kick Scott's butt.
If you want to go for the Champ Kind response, "It's Ant-Man, not Ant-Lady."

These Hope complaints are getting me even more hyped for this film :up:

Sure I do. Marvel has announced 10 films for Phase 3 and not a single one is Ant-Man.

So.....they have decided now NOT to do a Spider-Man movie?

So.....they have decided now NOT to do a Spider-Man movie?

Those 10 movies include MCU Spider-Man C. Lee. There is not one single Ant-Man movie in Phase 3. They aren't doing a sequel.

The film's opening weekend is less than impressive. Marvel knows what its doing. There was too much invested in Ant-Man to just cancel it. They went ahead anyway. They will probably not take a huge wash of money on it, but it's not profitable enough to support its own franchise.

If they want Ant-Man 2, they aren't going to wait 4-5 years.

If they want Ant-Man 2, they aren't going to wait 4-5 years.

Nothing to say they wouldn't.

Besides, as Spider-Man shows, they could easily just schedule it in for 2018 or something, should they want to make a sequel.

Nothing to say they wouldn't.

Besides, as Spider-Man shows, they could easily just schedule it in for 2018 or something, should they want to make a sequel.

Spider > Ant.

Wait, did Marvel announce they weren't going to do movies in Phase 4 or something? I don't see why there can't be an Ant-Man 2 in Phase 4.

Anyway, if she isn't in Civil War, I suspect we'll see her in Avengers.

Wait, did Marvel announce they weren't going to do movies in Phase 4 or something? I don't see why there can't be an Ant-Man 2 in Phase 4.

Anyway, if she isn't in Civil War, I suspect we'll see her in Avengers.

Doubt it will be a priority with everyone else who needs to be in Avengers.

Feige said Hope's Wasp would be explored in an upcoming Phase 3 movie... It's either Civil War or Infinity War.

Kevin Feige said:
“It’s going to be certainly a part of our Phase 3; some of the films we've announced in Phase 3. It is going to be a very important moment, and — spoiler alert! — we see that suit for the first time, and her father now is finally giving it to her and realizes that he can’t hold her back from what is essentially her destiny. It's gonna be a very big part of one of our upcoming films.”

Yahoo!

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure we'll see Hope as Wasp in the IW films. Though I don't think its far fetched that she could have a small role in CW.

On a related note, I wonder what are the odds of them bringing back Janet in some capacity are? I think they sort of set-up that possibility.

If they were ever going to bring Janet back, an Ant-Man sequel would be the best bet IMO. The sequel could be all about further exploration of the Quantum Realm, with the goal of rescuing Janet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"