Evil Dead (2013) - Part 1

Seriously?

It is at the end credits. It's the one and the only. Ash.

iQjP2q2.gif
JJ066uH.gif

IVz1Wlw.gif
KyyNQZt.gif

grHphP5.gif
ROCDOXC.gif

Does Mia's tongue simply heal after she becomes human again or is it still split afterwards?

I'm pretty sure she healed after the demonic possession. Her burns on her face are gone afterall.

Yeah, she heals. And I'd get it on with her in any form.

I would just like to say that the music in this film is awesome.

Yeah, the soundtrack took me by surprise.

Saw this again on BD, Love this film, its so awesome as both a re-make and a new addition to the Ed francise, I cant wait to see were they go from here.

Levy kicks ass in this role, Mia really gets put through the ringer but the fact she comes out of it at the end is awesome, and that final encounter "Feast on this mother****er!" Brilliant stuff.

And yeah I agree I really noticed how good the movie was on 2nd watch, haunting and beautiful at the same time.

Where is the sequel,this movie made tons of money in theaters and is selling tons of dvds?

Where is the sequel,this movie made tons of money in theaters and is selling tons of dvds?

Well the movie came out a few months ago, so maybe it's just too early for a sequel to be out right now. Just give it a second.

I did finally get to see this and while it was good I think I'll only need to see it the one time for now. A few scenes were just a little too much graphically excessive to me.

Well the movie came out a few months ago, so maybe it's just too early for a sequel to be out right now. Just give it a second.

I do think news on the sequel has been rather slow though, most of the stuff we have gotten was when the movie was 1st released, since then we have had very little.

Still wanna enjoy this film alot more then I did. Just feel there's more they could have done with the deadites messing with people. Besides all the self cutting stuff. Also prefer the more haunted house vibe with the Cabin in the original.

Still a solid flick and man, that last kill is flawless!!!

I do think news on the sequel has been rather slow though, most of the stuff we have gotten was when the movie was 1st released, since then we have had very little.

Don't know if it was posted here, but Alvarez and Levy did an interview with IGN at comic con talking about it a lil. Think they mentioned something about disc sales need to do good. Nothing really new though. Still sounds like they plan on combining the ED's eventually so thats cool.

Last edited:
Still wanna enjoy this film alot more then I did. Just feel there's more they could have done with the deadites messing with people. Besides all the self cutting stuff. Also prefer the more haunted house vibe with the Cabin in the original.

Still a solid flick and man, that last kill is flawless!!!

Don't know if it was posted here, but Alvarez and Levy did an interview with IGN at comic con talking about it a lil. Think they mentioned something about disc sales need to do good. Nothing really new though. Still sounds like they plan on combining the ED's eventually so thats cool.

I would have also liked it much more if the humans had actually got to fight against the deadites more before killing them. In a movie called Evil Dead, the dead/possessed didn't feel evil enough. They took the movie to serious when they could have used a little more fun like the Raimi Evil Dead films.

I agree. It's partly why I didn't like the movie more. It was all serious, all the time. There was no comical levity like the original ones had. I don't mean Army of Darkness levels of humor, though that is my favorite of the trilogy, but something more than what we ended up with. The few lines of attempted humor were bland too.

There also was just too much focus on making it gory for the sake of being gory. Some of the scenes were well done but it was protracted to a point of excessiveness just to show off someone mutiliating themselves or someone else.

The vast majority of the humor in the first Evil Dead film is unintentional.

Which makes it all the better. They were inexperienced but earnest and really did try their best. The fact it sometimes came off as funny or goofy was just a result of their attempts. Despite that, they still managed to make a decent horror movie. Army of Darkness truly aimed for humor in an almost parody of itself but I still like all three movies.

I agree. It's partly why I didn't like the movie more. It was all serious, all the time. There was no comical levity like the original ones had. I don't mean Army of Darkness levels of humor, though that is my favorite of the trilogy, but something more than what we ended up with. The few lines of attempted humor were bland too.

There also was just too much focus on making it gory for the sake of being gory. Some of the scenes were well done but it was protracted to a point of excessiveness just to show off someone mutiliating themselves or someone else.

I thought there was quite a bit of humor, it was just very dark humor. Mia cutting her tongue in half and then frenching the one girl seemed more humorous than horrifying. Same with that one guy with his eight billion nail gun wounds still managing to function at all and how Mia can casually rip her own hand off that's pinned under a truck. It didn't get to ED2 levels of silly, but it did seem tongue in cheek towards the end (I mean come on, instead of passing out right after self-mutilation, Mia rams her stump into a chainsaw and delivers the killing blow).

Although I agree the deadites in the movie came across a little too zombie-like for the most part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"