• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fallout 4

Is it still limited to only 2gb of mod storage the way the One is? Didn't see that anywhere in the article.

don't know.

the only "limit" the article mentioned was that PS4 mods can't use "external assets."

I hope they address this because in their current state, console mods are a novelty at best.

I hope they address this because in their current state, console mods are a novelty at best.
I don't think that's been said yet from any place I've seen. I'm sure it'll be said later. I guess.

Well I'm happy that we now have PS4 mods. I'm hoping things can expand from there. :D

generic.png

Fallout Shelter Gets a Spooky Update

Posted Oct 06, 2016

General News | No Comments

Even Vault Dwellers need to celebrate from time to time. Thanks to today's update to Fallout Shelter, they can! With the new patch, players can add a Halloween theme to their shelter as well as craft special themes in the Theme Workshop that show off allegiances. Crafting recipes for factional themes based on Brotherhood of Steel, the Minutemen, the Railroad and the Institute. Both faction recipes and crafting materials for the Holiday Themes can be found via newly added quests.
Read more

source: MMORPG.com

Also bare in mind, the inability to use external assets is also incredibly limiting. Not trying to be a negative Nancy, but you guys need to understand what you're actually getting. To put it another way: Pizza is coming to a house near you, but it doesn't have the sauce, cheese, any of the toppings, or seasoning. Get your pizza crust while it's hot.

Also bare in mind, the inability to use external assets is also incredibly limiting. Not trying to be a negative Nancy, but you guys need to understand what you're actually getting. To put it another way: Pizza is coming to a house near you, but it doesn't have the sauce, cheese, any of the toppings, or seasoning. Get your pizza crust while it's hot.

that may be true.

but it's at least a 1st step and better than the "no mods" stance a month ago. It shows that both sides are at least willing to work together and compromise.

and if it works out with few problems, maybe Sony will become more open to allowing external assets in the future.

besides, I'm actually more excited about the Pro support and native 4K for Skyrim ( and possibly for Fallout 4) than mods.

Honestly I'm just happy to get mods at all due to being told they'd never show up in the first place.

And on that note: Mods are here.

Anyone try them yet? I would but I'm just finishing up the last ****ing trophy on the Nuka World DLC because I know I won't play without mods once I start.

Eh, I've seen some of them but wasn't really feeling them. It's still very early, though, because mods just launched yesterday. So giving it time for alot of mods to populate the PS4 is probably the best approach to take.

However, I've gotta say that so far...it does feel limited. Having the constriction on modders to not use external assets does make the mods I've seen on PS4 seem quite restrictive. But, then again I've looked at mods the XB1 has been getting so maybe that's colored my opinion. Something I was looking forward to was modding the UI, because I don't really like Bethesda's, but that's never going to happen on PS4 because you need external assets, apparently. I think body modifications for the player, having more options in what they look like or maybe even making a female player atleast more curvy...I'm hearing that might require external assets as well. So, it might take time for modders to figure out how to do things within the restrictions they've been given on PS4. It winds up feeling like a politician who made a campaign promise, and is doing it halfheartedly and in a ****** way just to fulfill the campaign promise and shut people up, you know?

I honestly regret buying this game on PS4. I share systems with brother, and we have both consoles. I only wish that Bethesda had been honest and forthcoming from the beginning, because I just would have bought this game on Xbox One. That's literally my only complaint in the end about how all of this was handled. I mean, I saw XB1 mods for Skyrim that have Witcher 3 mods where you can play as Geralt. Face and armor, with two swords and all. So, what I'm saying is I'm going to buy Skyrim on XB1 and never look back.

Last edited:
I've tried the mods on Xbone and they aren't really anything to write home about either. The most substantial mod I've been able to find is Maxwells World and it pales in comparison to what was done with New Vegas mods a year in.

A lot the issue stems from the dialog and perk systems being hardcoded. You can't really do anything with them beyond cosmetic changes. Bethesda crippled the community when they made that decision.

I've played around with some mods. A few cosmetic ones and a few odder ones. The Gojira and flight ring mods are fun.

I've messed around with some graphical ones on PC, but overall I wasn't as impressed as I was after messing around with Skyrim mods.

I've tried the mods on Xbone and they aren't really anything to write home about either. The most substantial mod I've been able to find is Maxwells World and it pales in comparison to what was done with New Vegas mods a year in.

A lot the issue stems from the dialog and perk systems being hardcoded. You can't really do anything with them beyond cosmetic changes. Bethesda crippled the community when they made that decision.

Couldn't disagree more. The mods made the game miles better. The options are endless. It's certainly the way if you want the best of mods on consoles.

Couldn't disagree more. The mods made the game miles better. The options are endless. It's certainly the way if you want the best of mods on consoles.

Which mods are you using? I haven't found anything of real note on X1. All I have found is cosmetic stuff and cheat mods that make the game more broken than it already is.

Which mods are you using? I haven't found anything of real note on X1. All I have found is cosmetic stuff and cheat mods that make the game more broken than it already is.

Green In The Commonwealth. Darker Knights. Something Storms, can't remember the exact name. There's one for the water textures. Sun rays. Sound overhaul for the weapon. Classic weapon mods. 4K textures something. New stations. Vault mod.

Oh, man... there's just too many. I would have to check my Xbox again.

Green In The Commonwealth. Darker Knights. Something Storms, can't remember the exact name. There's one for the water textures. Sun rays. Sound overhaul for the weapon. Classic weapon mods. 4K textures something. New stations. Vault mod.

Oh, man... there's just too many. I would have to check my Xbox again.

Most of that stuff is cosmetic which is fine if you want the game to look better. I'm more interested in user created quest lines and story content which there isn't a lot of likely due to 2GB limit.

So I put on a few of the Greenify the Commonwealth mods and I am completely goddamn lost. I'm running around in a panic in Boston but since everything looks different I can't even find Goodneighbour or Diamond City.

It's hilarious and distracting. I like it. :D

Last edited:
Deservedly so.

Fallout 4 isn't the first Bethesda game that I've disliked, but it is the first one I disliked so much that I had to give up on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"