Family Guy and South Park Question

Blade_fan1911 said:
I was talking about the whole freedom of speech thing they did in both episodes.:)

I know... that's one of the 3 points

Probably the observation one one cartoon and the other the observation on themselves

Last I heard, Matt Stone and Trey Parker couldn't handle a little competition. :p

Matt and Trey essentially said that when people come up to them and say somehting like "My favorite two shows are yours, and Family Guy" that it's a real kick in the nuts and that it hurts so ****ing bad.

Cartman's rant in "CartoonWars" Part 1 is pretty much what they think. That Family Guy's jokes don't progress the plot and are just there to fill up time due to lazy writing, while South Park's jokes are there to serve and progress the story as a plot device.

Also notice how in Part 2 of that episode, The writers from King of the Hill were protrayed favorably as honest, hardworking people.

I didn't really see any compeition there. Seemed like a typical love/hate relationship with the other show.

Addendum said:
I enjoy both South Park and Family Guy.

But Mad Magazine is still being published? That's news to me

Yeah, but now their ads are real, and not parodies. :down

Either way, they were poking fun at themselves as usual, which is classic South Park.

I've only seen One episode of South Park.

I've seen damn near every episode of Family Guy.

Now you do the math on my opinion on this whole matter... :o

If you've seen one episode of Family Guy, you've seen them all.

"Holy crap, this is worse than that time when I random pop culture reference that the junior high kids who make up most of my audience won't get!"

The Comedian said:
Also notice how in Part 2 of that episode, The writers from King of the Hill were protrayed favorably as honest, hardworking people.

I was wondering why they even put that in there.

KniteYxSpydeY said:
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I am confused as hell. Does anybody know how Tray Parker and Matt Stone really feel about Family Guy? I hear they hate the show. A recent parody episode would confirm that, but it also just might be light-hearted fun. Does anybody know?

Why would you care what they think :confused:

i really dont care quite honestly.. i like the simpsons the best...south park is great at times.. watch them late at night when i cant sleep... faily guy is funny but geared toward stupid humour. or ;bathroom' humour...

V said:
i really dont care quite honestly.. i like the simpsons the best...south park is great at times.. watch them late at night when i cant sleep... faily guy is funny but geared toward stupid humour. or ;bathroom' humour...

No more than South Park or Simpsons.

No, but more often than not those shows have something to offer other than base juvenilia. Family Guy is nothing BUT juvenilia.

I proudly laugh at farts, vomiting, slapstick violence...

Cyclops said:
No, but more often than not those shows have something to offer other than base juvenilia. Family Guy is nothing BUT juvenilia.

I understand the issues and stories and references these shows are bringing up, but serious media covers the same events better. If I want a quick laugh, i'll go to whatever makes me laugh the hardest. :down

Cyclops said:

Hmm...

Cartman getting a kid to eat his parents...
Cartman calling Kyle a Jew...
Southpark trying to show that Tom Cruise is gay...
Southpark mocking religions...
Southpark has a black character called 'Token'...
Cartmans pop group and 'Finger bang'...
Southpark and Ben Afflecks parents with asses for faces...
Mr. Slave putting Paris Hillton up his ass...
Mr. Slave and the hampster up his ass... going on a magical adventure...

But that juvenilia was related to the story

I think that's what someone who supports South Park and not Family Guy would say, because the great makers (Trey and Matt) said so. ;)

Mentok said:
Hmm...

Cartman getting a kid to eat his parents...
Cartman calling Kyle a Jew...
Southpark trying to show that Tom Cruise is gay...
Southpark mocking religions...
Southpark has a black character called 'Token'...
Cartmans pop group and 'Finger bang'...
Southpark and Ben Afflecks parents with asses for faces...
Mr. Slave putting Paris Hillton up his ass...
Mr. Slave and the hampster up his ass... going on a magical adventure...

I never said that there was NO juvenilia in there - reread what I wrote and understand it this time.

I said that there is also something other than juvenilia as well. For all the crude humor offered, there's also social criticism, political satire, etc. etc. etc.

As is on Family Guy as well. Sometimes it's part of the story, other times it's not.

Though they're not as preachy about it when they do.

Doesn't get any better than a tank of manatees writing a cartoon show. Hehe.

Trainwreck2100 said:
I was wondering why they even put that in there.

I was partly to show that they weren't just hating on every other primetime cartoon just for being competition, but they we're hating on family guy for a purpose. They showed the KOTH writers favorably because they were showing their respect for them making a long running show that does not need to sponge off the success of others or use blatant pop culture references as humor when it has little to do with the plot, but has it's own unique niche to survive.

And their rivalry with the Simpson's is a lot friendlier than that with family, the "simpsons did it" episode was friendly ribbing, even having bart team up with cartman in the family guy episode showed that they were kinda on the same side against FG, despite the commentary that Bart's bad-boy status has taken a dive in recent years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"