Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 2

He went after Malekith for Jane. If he had listened to his father she'd be dead, but Malekith would have never got the Aether.

I think they tried to show that Odin believed the Aether could be protected, but that he was blind to the fact that Asgard's forces were so weakened. Thor saw this, so he took Jane away.

I am not asking for super amounts of grief. I am asking for him to not seem so damn casual when confronted with Malekith.

And now you know how those of us who complained about the destruction in MoS feel. :) We just wanted a bit of acknowledgement!

I think they tried to show that Odin believed the Aether could be protected, but that he was blind to the fact that Asgard's forces were so weakened. Thor saw this, so he took Jane away.

And now you know how those of us who complained about the destruction in MoS feel. :) We just wanted a bit of acknowledgement!

I read it as Odin was driven by rage and just wanted a chance to kill Malekith and the Dark Elves himself, ignoring all their disadvantages.

Well, if he was driven by rage, he sure didn't show much rage. There was more than one comment on the state of Asgard's forces from his council, which he ignored. Then Thor says later that Asgard would fall if the elves came back.

Well, if he was driven by rage, he sure didn't show much rage. There was more than one comment on the state of Asgard's forces from his council, which he ignored. Then Thor says later that Asgard would fall if the elves came back.

I think he showed a lot of rage when Thor was challenging him and telling Odin what he didn't want to hear. Even Thor said he was blinded by vengeance. The man is a king. He isn't going to visually show rage by throwing crap everywhere. Odin is the type that will crush his enemies and show his might and rage there.

Which is horrible logic. Especially considering what Thor and Loki were able to do by themselves.

Malekith is going to get the Aether from Odin, Thor, Sif, the Warriors Three, Heimdall and the rest of the Asgardian forces now that they know they are coming? Nah. Especially less then two days from the convergence.

Except Clark does react to death and destruction in one of the most emotional sequences I can remember in a Superhero flick.

I think he showed a lot of rage when Thor was challenging him and telling Odin what he didn't want to hear. Even Thor said he was blinded by vengeance. The man is a king. He isn't going to visually show rage by throwing crap everywhere. Odin is the type that will crush his enemies and show his might and rage there.
Odin has a lot of his father in him, just like how Thor has a lot of his father in him. I liked his reaction, I liked his anger. I just wish there was more of it. They must have been together for hundreds, if not thousands of years. If Odin can cry for his sons, he could cry for his wife.

A few people have mentioned here that they thought Thor didn't react appropriately to Frigga's death. What should he have done differently?

-He ran in and blasted Malekith in the face, and hurled Mjolnir at them until they got away and turned invisible.
-He mourned at Frigga's funeral. (Loki got his own reaction scene because he wasn't present at either Frigga's death or her funeral, as Thor was).
-He had a discussion w/ Loki on the flying ship that he loved her just as much as Loki did, and that she wouldn't want them to fight.

What else should he have done to please people? Frazzle his hair and stomp on grapes, like Loki did?

For starters he could've shown some common Asgardian courtesy by wearing his 'ceremonial' helmet at a funeral.

Which is horrible logic. Especially considering what Thor and Loki were able to do by themselves.

Malekith is going to get the Aether from Odin, Thor, Sif, the Warriors Three, Heimdall and the rest of the Asgardian forces now that they know they are coming? Nah. Especially less then two days from the convergence.

The only reason Thor and Loki got close enough to Malekith was because of their charade. Any battle on Asgard is going to be all-out, and the Asgardian defenses were too weak. It's not like they fared great the first time.

Except Clark does react to death and destruction in one of the most emotional sequences I can remember in a Superhero flick.

And so does Thor. Did he not scream at the top of his lungs, just like Clark?

The only reason Thor and Loki got close enough to Malekith was because of their charade. Any battle on Asgard is going to be all-out, and the Asgardian defenses were too weak. It's not like they fared great the first time.
Except, where did all of Malekith's forces go then? They just sat in the arc during the final battle? It seems Malekith was the one down to the bare bones after his attack. His forces numbered less then the hero characters on Asgard's side. They may have or may not have had the chance to kill Malekith, but it wouldn't have mattered. They would have avoided destroying the universe. They could deal with Malekith later.

Odin has a lot of his father in him, just like how Thor has a lot of his father in him. I liked his reaction, I liked his anger. I just wish there was more of it. They must have been together for hundreds, if not thousands of years. If Odin can cry for his sons, he could cry for his wife.

That was during a time of peace, not war. This is war time in a warrior culture. He has to look strong for his people. Not weak. Not like he has other things on his mind.

That was during a time of peace, not war. This is war time in a warrior culture. He has to look strong for his people. Not weak. Not like he has other things on his mind.
I wouldn't expect Odin to cry in public, which was kinda my point. I was looking for more of a private moment. Perhaps a sequence where you see all three of the men she loved mourning in their own way. Thor being comforted by his friends, Loki isolated and Odin in his own little imposed exile.

Why did you feel the need to post this twice?
Could have been a glitch. These boards don't always run smoothly.

Except, where did all of Malekith's forces go then? They just sat in the arc during the final battle? It seems Malekith was the one down to the bare bones after his attack. His forces numbered less then the hero characters on Asgard's side. They may have or may not have had the chance to kill Malekith, but it wouldn't have mattered. They would have avoided destroying the universe. They could deal with Malekith later.

Kurse pretty much single-handedly defeated half of Asgard. If the battle had come back, Loki wouldn't have been part of it, and we all know it wasn't Thor who beat Kurse. He was busy getting his face pounded into the ground.

Could Odin have won? Sure. But it was a better bet on Thor's part to try to trick Malekith instead. Odin admitted it at the end.

Plus, I thought Clark's scream came after killing Zod, not because he was acknowledging the people they killed.

Kurse pretty much single-handedly defeated half of Asgard. If the battle had come back, Loki wouldn't have been part of it, and we all know it wasn't Thor who beat Kurse. He was busy getting his face pounded into the ground.

Could Odin have won? Sure. But it was a better bet on Thor's part to try to trick Malekith instead. Odin admitted it at the end.
You think Kurse could beat the All-Father? An angry Odin? Malekith without the Aether couldn't even challenge Frigga, he wasn't going to best Odin or Thor.

And when did Odin "admit" that. That was Loki... :huh:

Last edited:

Wasn't that Loki who was talking to Thor at the end?

Yep. That wasn't Odin.

Crimson King just proved he hasn't seen the movie. :o

Plus, I thought Clark's scream came after killing Zod, not because he was acknowledging the people they killed.
He is acknowledging the entire situation. Death, what it means, washes over him. It is why he saves the family.

No, you were saying Clark gave off more emotion, when in fact, they gave off the same. I didn't bring it up.
The quality of the sequences are night and day. Execution is key. Transformers has people crying and yelling, but it has no effect on me. The films don't "earn it" from me imo.

Wasn't that Loki who was talking to Thor at the end?

You're right! Totally forgot.

And yes, I think Kurse could have taken Odin. The old man is looking pretty...old. Not sure what Frigga standing her own against Malekith has to do with anything.

Yeah Kurse would've pretty much destroyed Asgard

You're right! Totally forgot.

And yes, I think Kurse could have taken Odin. The old man is looking pretty...old. Not sure what Frigga standing her own against Malekith has to do with anything.
No, you didn't see the movie. :cwink:

More seriously, how do you forget that? It is the last shot of the film. :funny:

I bring up Frigga fighting Malekith, because Malekith with the Aether is no threat to any of our heroes. Thor, Sif, Volstagg, Frandal, Heimdall. They are better warriors, any combination of two would have handle him easily, leaving Odin and the rest to handle Kurse.

I am curious though, how do you think Kurse kills a man that can move as fast as Odin or posses as much power as he does?

Yeah Kurse would've pretty much destroyed Asgard
Are we just like forgetting who Odin is? The guy that can get from his bedroom to the bifrost in less then like 3 seconds? The guy that shoots pure energy from his spear? The guy capable of literally de-panting Thor anytime he wants. That Odin?

You really think he has anything to fear from Kurse? The only sequence showed The Kursed could be killed using conventional weaponry.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"