Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

There will be DIFFERENT deleted scenes on the bonus disc in the Phase two box set out on Dec 8.
So you have to buy BOTH the single release and the box set to get all the deleted material there are releasing.
It seems unlikely that they would produce whole new Blu-Ray discs of the film discs to include in the collector's set. The discs that contain the films themselves *should* still contain all the special features (audio commentaries, featurettes and deleted scenes) that were present on the single/individual release. So those that have been holding off on buying any Phase 2 films shouldn't need to buy both in order to get everything.* Of course, I could end up being wrong.... but I'd be kind of surprised if I were.

(if that all makes sense... which it might not... I've got Friday brain)

*the exception would be any store exclusive bonus content that came with the individual releases

It seems unlikely that they would produce whole new Blu-Ray discs of the film discs to include in the collector's set. The discs that contain the films themselves *should* still contain all the special features (audio commentaries, featurettes and deleted scenes) that were present on the single/individual release. So those that have been holding off on buying any Phase 2 films shouldn't need to buy both in order to get everything.* Of course, I could end up being wrong.... but I'd be kind of surprised if I were.

(if that all makes sense... which it might not... I've got Friday brain)

*the exception would be any store exclusive bonus content that came with the individual releases

Nope. your brain is working fine!
Mine is a little tired. Yes, unless they press new discs the old deleted scenes should be in there as well.
My recollection was foggy because on Iron man 2 the deleted scenes were on a separate disc that WAS NOT included in the Phase One set.

What would be nice is if they put all 12 movies deleted scenes on the bonus disc--in order with framing footage to show exactly where they would have gone.

It's kind of silly that if you want to watch all the Dark World deleted material, you have to pull out two separate discs.

They ARE including ALL the one-shots on the bonus disc---even those that were part of Phase One!

Here is what will happen- you will get the films on BR as is- with the deleted scenes, gag reels, BTS stuff. Nothing will change.

Then there will be a bonus disc with new Deleted footage and such. They did the same with the P1 set- which kinda sucked cuz' you needed to keep your 2nd discs from IM1/IM2.

Here is what will happen- you will get the films on BR as is- with the deleted scenes, gag reels, BTS stuff. Nothing will change.

Then there will be a bonus disc with new Deleted footage and such. They did the same with the P1 set- which kinda sucked cuz' you needed to keep your 2nd discs from IM1/IM2.

Not quite, IM 2 was the only Phase 1 movie with the deleted scenes on "disc 2"---I just checked and the IM 1, "Disc 1" does contain the deleted scenes.
What sucks for Phase 2
is simply that you will have to put in two separate discs to see the entire deleted scenes for any particular movie.
Want to watch ALL the deleted scenes for Dark World--2 discs to do so. IM 3--2 discs, etc., etc., for all 6 movies.

IM1 had the hour or 2 hour long documentary that was missing from the new release, so you needed both disks.

IM1 had the hour or 2 hour long documentary that was missing from the new release, so you needed both disks.

Right. My posts are referring to deleted scenes only.
All the deleted scenes from Iron Man 1 are included in the Phase 1 set.
No doubt there are bonus and exclusive features left out of the Phase 1 set.

I won't be buying the set, hopefully the new deleted scenes will be put on YouTube or something as if they are the Malekith backstory scenes I want to see them.

That was a fun scene. Not one I necessarily need in the movie but one that I'm glad I got to see.

Sorry to resurrect a (very) dead thread, but I just came across this new screenshot from a recently-released deleted scene from Thor 2 that comes with the Infinity Saga box set. It shows Odin visiting Thor on Earth at the end of the movie:

txyh1l4e0ud41.png

Apparently it was from an earlier cut of the movie, where Loki stayed dead and Thor and Jane broke up at the end:

Thor: The Dark World - Thor and Jane Foster Break Up in New Deleted Scene

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"