Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

There should be a Loki Trollface gif in there somewhere....

Let the shipping commence
hahahahahaha yup yup

Wow I haven't started a new thread in almost a year lol

So Chris got paid to kiss both Portman and his own wife in the film...... how can a guy be that lucky?lol

But on a serious note, wow... I didn't even notice it...they really did a great job with concealing it both on screen and from news outlets.

I think the funniest thing that I read all day regarding this news was how some were saying..."No wonder the kiss looked strangely passionate compared to their previous kisses".lol

Doing mighty good at the box office, good to hear. love it when Marvel makes an impact

Yeah me too. I just hope the shows they have planned to over do it with the heroes for the general public.
WE fans are in an all time superhero media flood! lol I love it even if the shows are bad. lol

Last edited:
Doing mighty good at the box office, good to hear. love it when Marvel makes an impact

Definitely! I was nervous outside of Iron Man and Avengers the Thor and Cap characters wouldn't do well for audiences. I think The Avengers has really helped the success of Thor: The Dark World. I hope the Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy are smashes at the box office as well. They don't have to beat Iron Man 3 but at least come close!

Also, someone on Tumblr has outed that the need for the post credits reshoot was because the original scene (Thor and Jane in her apartment with him in the black T shirt) involved Thor and Jane breaking up because Natalie wasn't coming back. This was changed in the reshoots which suggests she will now come back in the next one or Jane will be recast. That or they realised it was ridiculous after 2 movies and all that drama to end it.

Also, someone on Tumblr has outed that the need for the post credits reshoot was because the original scene (Thor and Jane in her apartment with him in the black T shirt) involved Thor and Jane breaking up because Natalie wasn't coming back. This was changed in the reshoots which suggests she will now come back in the next one or Jane will be recast. That or they realised it was ridiculous after 2 movies and all that drama to end it.
I say recast and get CH wife to play the role-she already played Jane in after-after-credit scene=). +She is beautiful and the chemistry will be real.

BTW I do not think this is all of the story. They could easily bring them back together in the third one if wanted and Portman desired to return. They shot that "alternative" ending after most of promotional material was done, after books and magazines were printed, it was just after SDCC (CH was in china filming his movie during this period so he cant be present there). And guess what happened after SDCC? Realization of Loki success and last moment decision to keep him alive also so new scenes were shot and movie was butchered. There is nothing to do with Jane as a character and Portman as an actress it`s all about Loki. I just don't know how will they solve third movie without his death-him cheating is is already laughable.

Last edited:
heh I just picture Marvel getting Kiera Knightly for Jane since she was tied to Disney already and she looks like she could be related to Portman lol

heh I just picture Marvel getting Kiera Knightly for Jane since she was tied to Disney already and she looks like she could be related to Portman lol

And she's taller. Chris Hemsworth mentioned that they had to put Natalie Portman on a box for her scenes with Thor because she was much too short. He said they actually built a ramp for her to walk on so when she walked close to Thor, she would actually be in the camera shot :funny:

I hate to be a hater, but I honestly wish they'd just do away with Jane. Was kinda hoping that would happen in this movie. Even though the seeds were planted for Thor/Jane to be this great starcrossed interstellar/planar/whatever love story from the very beginning, none of the writers in any of Thor's 3 films has ever shown much energy in pursuing that angle. He just shows up for a Midgard booty call from time to time whenever he has the urge. And it's not like Portman has portrayed Jane as being some heartbroken lover yearning for her man, either. It's a romance that should've been epic in scope, but never managed to launch.

Seems that the majority of folks would rather see Thor hook up with Sif, and make her a bigger player in the mythos, and that would be all right with me, too.

I am sure that trick has been used with many actors/actresses in the past.

I hate to be a hater, but I honestly wish they'd just do away with Jane. Was kinda hoping that would happen in this movie. Even though the seeds were planted for Thor/Jane to be this great starcrossed interstellar/planar/whatever love story from the very beginning, none of the writers in any of Thor's 3 films has ever shown much energy in pursuing that angle. He just shows up for a Midgard booty call from time to time whenever he has the urge. And it's not like Portman has portrayed Jane as being some heartbroken lover yearning for her man, either. It's a romance that should've been epic in scope, but never managed to launch.

Seems that the majority of folks would rather see Thor hook up with Sif, and make her a bigger player in the mythos, and that would be all right with me, too.
The ending that was deleted suggested Thor/Sif strongly as a possibility for future - but alas! It`s hilarious that Loki even indirectly control Thor`s life even in the terms of movie franchise development.

How could they have pursued the angle in The Avengers when Jane wasnt part of the film?

The ending that was deleted suggested Thor/Sif strongly as a possibility for future - but alas! It`s hilarious that Loki even indirectly control Thor`s life even in the terms of movie franchise development.
If you are talking abouthe break up scene between Thor and Jane , we dont even know that rumor is true .

If you are talking abouthe break up scene between Thor and Jane , we dont even know that rumor is true .
Yep, about that, and I guess the rumor is true as there were many different people have the same information. What was that scene in trailers/magazines + strange, clearly break up dialogues with "maybe there is a reason we are separated". And one thing: the reveal about the re-shoot of after-credit scene so close to movie release, why do it if it was default ending? Why not to keep perfectly romantic scene with Thor in earth garment if it was him staying on earth with Jane? Why to change it to post credit scene shot in harry with different actress? There is clearly, at least, some truth in thous rumors.

I hope that ending on DVD. But Dis isn't known for putting many content on BR/DVD so I am worried.

Taylor talked about that in a recent interview
He said they intended to shoot the scene as part of the original ending for the film.
Tayor also they intended for their relationship to be a primary focus but there was so

much going on at the conclusion of the film that they moved the scene to the after credit scene.
Taylor seemed to regret moving the scene .
I dont think the director of the film saw it as a default scene.
I believe the interview can be found at CBM.

That's funny you said that, because Kiera Knightly was used as one of the handmaidens in Star Wars Phantom Menace when a shot was required for both Portman to be Padme and Queen Amidala.

Marvel are afraid to do it. They are afraid to alienate their male fanbase by doing the great love story of the early Thor comics. Well, the only great love story of Thor comics full stop. There is always something else, Loki is just an excuse. They don't think they can do a big Romantic action movie. The guys won't like it they think. But Thor was founded on being a Romantic action hero. Most of his early stories were about fighting to find a way to marry his girl. People forget that. Marvel want to forget that.

I believe the rumour is true. The person who outed it is one of the trailer assistant editors, and Jane cosplayer! Also, I suspect its where the 'maybe the worlds are separate for a reason' line came in. I can't see how you can go from Jane willing to die with him to 'lets break up' in a few scenes.

Last edited:
And she's taller. Chris Hemsworth mentioned that they had to put Natalie Portman on a box for her scenes with Thor because she was much too short. He said they actually built a ramp for her to walk on so when she walked close to Thor, she would actually be in the camera shot :funny:
LOL I hadn't heard that one hahaha

That's funny you said that, because Kiera Knightly was used as one of the handmaidens in Star Wars Phantom Menace when a shot was required for both Portman to be Padme and Queen Amidala.
I remember that from somewhere. Tellin' ya Kiera would make a great replacement but would she be too costly?
I can see using her for Thor 3 and go to the Sif/Thor relationship for following films

keira_starwars-431x300.jpg

dedb25767466fabd7115145e48bbb.jpg

For the longest time I thought Portman and Knightly were one and the same lol.

Quote: Seems that the majority of folks would rather see Thor hook up with Sif, and make her a bigger player in the mythos, and that would be all right with me, too.

No evidence of that, its just a very small vocal group.
Marvel has gone out of its way to develop the relationship between Thor and Jane in two movies thus far and has no intension of ending it in the 3rd.
Portman has already stated she is interested in returning for Thor 3 as well as a cameo in AOU if approached by Whedon..
Portman is a Academy Award winning star that like it or not brings in more money to the Thor franchise.
Disney and Marvel have no intension of replacing her.
I look for Jane to play an even more critical role in the 3rd installment..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"