Fant4stic: Reborn! - - - - - - Part 40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why in the world would you go out of your way to lose money? It's just really dumb.

So apparently Trank's first cut was a complete disaster. Why am I not surprised.
I am so happy that Drew McWeeny is continuing to bring up the rumors that Trank was a nightmare on and apparently off set because this "poor Trank, he actually made a masterpiece," stuff is getting on the nerves. It's like Fox is all to blame and Trank get's none if it, like no other director ever had to deal with a meddling studio. That's ********.

Fox is just clearly trying to save face... and maybe bluff yet again to not seem weak... they're just trying to get a better deal out of marvel. Itd be stupid to continue this franchise

Yeah they are totally just saving face just like when WB acted like they were going to move forward with Green Floptern 2.

We won't be getting a sequel to Flopt4stic any time soon, not when it's losing Fox $60 million.

DRAGONBALL EVOLUTION 2 CONFIRMED, CHINESE CONSPIRACY TO BLAME

BY JOSH TYLER
Dragonball Evolution 2 Confirmed, Chinese Conspiracy To Blame image
Even though here in the United States, Dragonball Evolution was a massive flop hated by everyone but the most self-loathing of Dragonball fans… it’s getting a sequel. James Marsters, who played the villain Lord Piccolo in the first film, confirmed the rumors in an interview with a fansite. Marsters says that after his upcoming concert tour, “we’ll start shooting the second Dragonball movie. I’ve just heard that I can actually tell that there is going to be a sequel.”

Whether they're trying to save face (which isn't working) or they really do plan on making a sequel (which will fail), they're making themselves look very stupid right now.

Do you guys think the cast really wants a sequel? I believe AOL had an interview with the cast and they stated they would love to come back and develop the team more. Also Kebbell was interviewed thru a different source and hinted there were pans to bring him back. Now that the movie is out and getting bad buzz, as well as under performing at the BO, do you guys think the cast wants to avoid this as much as possible? Are they potentially contractually obligated to come back for a sequel if that were to happen?

I just don't see how they can move forward with a sequel to this movie. It just doesn't make any god damn sense to me.

I also think Emma Watts should hang her head in shame. She's just as responsible for this mess as Trank. She shouldn't have hired him in the first place. She should be ashamed and embarrassed with herself.

Yeah, RIGHT. What director would be stupid and masochistic enough to inherit this baggage? :loco: I'm not surprised if this goes the way of DD, with Fox trying in vain up to the eleventh hour to find someone who can make their their stupid sequel, only to lose it in the end.

Well, unless the guy they hire is not a director yet, but just the Fox tea boy who is promoted to the position and thinks it's his chance at a big break. Then he ends up producing something even worse than Trank (if that's possible) and it is even more heavily edited than this one.

I'd say that the sequel could actually end up in negative RT numbers, as it's hard to go much lower than where it is now (isn't it currently around 8 or 7 %)?

They will hire a journeyman director whose career is in trouble and needs a hit. Someone like Marcus Nispel.

Therr wont be a Fan4stic 2 anymore than there'll be a Sinister Six movie.

Game over, FOX. Accept defeat and suck it up

I also think Emma Watts should hang her head in shame. She's just as responsible for this mess as Trank. She shouldn't have hired him in the first place. She should be ashamed and embarrassed with herself.

Damn right she should. She pretty much made Amy Pascal (before the leaks and her removal) look like a genius. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if she took advice from Jeff Robinov regarding F4 like Pascal did (as noted in said leaks) regarding Spider-Man

Last edited:
it was actually a decent movie till it got to the final act. just, horribly executed. probably obvious to state this but, in marvel's hands, an F4 movie is a hit.

Who in their right mind would even finance the sequel? This one's going to lose tens of millions, and a sequel couldn't really be done for any less. Thing's around full time now. That's a lot of CG.

I'm sure this sequel will join the league of other sequels that got made despite weak results such as Batman Triumphant, ASM 3, Superman returns 2 , Green Lantern 2, and other classics. Rest assured, if a studio says a sequel is coming, then a sequel is coming...

Here is my question, is Emma Watts job OK after all this? Has she done enough to stay protected at Fox, or does she get any of the brunt of this?

It obvious Fox aren't going to say a sequel is dead while the movie is still in theatres. Fox is trying to recuperate every last dime they can with this trainwreck.

There won't be big businesses lining up to have their products in a sequel either so that revenue stream for the franchise just got killed.

The sequel talk is typical studio posturing.

Here is my question, is Emma Watts job OK after all this? Has she done enough to stay protected at Fox, or does she get any of the brunt of this?

Considering she has turned the Fox ship around considerably since Rothman left, this is a small side-step.

This is nowhere near a Pascal level disaster for her. It's a black-mark for sure, but when you have , Dawn of the PotA, Maze Runner, Gone Girl, and DoFP in one year, this isn't going to put your job in jeopardy. Honestly speaking, I'm starting to put the blame on Trank for this misguided ****show.

I put blame on Fox for okaying his vision in the first place. So they might want a piece of the Avengers pie, start with a connected universe and make an X-Men/F4 cross-over. So obviously Chronicling the **** out of F4 was just a genius idea. Because the styles would just mesh so well and a cross-over would be a no brainer.

There is talks of this cluster **** getting a sequel but something amazing like dredd can't get backing for his:loco:

Just big talk. If they truly go through with this, they have to be certifiably insane.

If you believe FOX is moving forward with a sequel I have a story to tell you about a bunny that lays eggs and hides them every year :o

Well if FFINO gets a sequel but Ant-Man doesn't, then it's really a topsy turvy world we live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"