FANTASTIC FOUR REBOOT: How would you do it?

Doom should've been Darth Vader scary- Hell, he was Darth Vader Before Darth Vader! Although, with McMahon in the role I knew they were going to give him maximum face-time. Should have had someone like Geoffery Rush or Gary Oldman playing Victor von Doom at first and then he can voice the part for the rest of the film while someone plays Doom in his full armour and cloak- which should only ever be removed in the franchise to reveal his hideously deformed self.

Gary Oldman would make a fantastic Doom! He should give the character a similar accent to the one he gave Dracula which is what I imagine a Latverian accent would sound like.

Gary Oldman would make a fantastic Doom! He should give the character a similar accent to the one he gave Dracula which is what I imagine a Latverian accent would sound like.

Oldman could definatly play doom

I think they should cast a stage actor who can act with the mask on as Dr. Doom, and preferably someone with an accent. If the Incredibles can make a good movie with FF premise, then I don't understand why a FF movie cannot do so as well.

Have it based on Ultimate FF 1-12 and just take out all the mole man stuff.
Uff13.jpg

Cast
Reed Richards - T. R. Knight http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1165660/
Sue Storm - Yvonne Strahovski http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2088803/
Johnny Storm - Benjamin McKenzie http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1360270/
Ben Grimm - V/O Adam Baldwin http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000284/
Dr Doom - Jack Davenport http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0202603/

I didn't mind the actors that played Mr Fantastic, Johnny or Ben Grimm, but the ones that need a recast are Sue and Doom

Sue Storm - Naomi Watts

Dr. Doom - any good english actor (I always imagined Doom having an accent) that doesn't mind having the mask on for 95% of the movie.

Director - anyone but Tim Story, that guy is horrible at making movies.
I agree completely.

It's Doom - 100%, unless theere is a college flashback or something.

You're right. Now that I think about it, they should go the Darth Vader route, find an actor like a David Prowse or a Douge Jones type that'll be behind the costume mask and scarred up face 100% of the type, but have someone else dub his voice.

Doctor Doom: CLIVE OWEN!!!!!!!!
37.jpg

He's got everything! He's got the commanding presence, he's built like a badass supervillain, and most importantly, he's got a great voice that doesn't need to be accompanied by his handsome mug (see Sin City and Inside Man)

I liked the idea of Doom as a 5th member of the crew, but becoming horribly scarred and jealous of the others abilities, not gaining his own powers.

Although if I was too reboot, I would definitely have the classic college accident Doom and then have Doom sabotage the mission as revenge.

I would reboot tis before Daredevil to. I just dont want the reboot to become the next remake (the useless overdone gimmick)

I would save Doom for part 2.

I don't think I would've had the forsight to do that in the beginning, but after 2 movies with Moviestar Doom, I can safely say that Doom needs an FF movie all to himself.

The first movie would naturally be the origin of the FF. They could allude to Victor in that film, and maybe tease him at the very end (Batman Begins Joker-style!), but he wouldn't really do anything until part two. In the first film, they could fight the Mole Man.

Then for part 2, I would go berzerk with Dr. Doom trying to take over the world and the FF getting their asses handed to them.

Doctor Doom: CLIVE OWEN!!!!!!!!
37.jpg

He's got everything! He's got the commanding presence, he's built like a badass supervillain, and most importantly, he's got a great voice that doesn't need to be accompanied by his handsome mug (see Sin City and Inside Man)

:wow: :wow: :wow:

:up:

Just recast Sue and get a new director.

And make Doom DOOM!!!!

Clive Owen would rock as Doom. good idea.
how didn't I think in it?
and I think he isn't expensive...

Just make sure they catch "Doom" in the end, only to have it turn out to be a robot.

FF was a bit TOO comic booky for me i understand its based on one but if it was a bit more serious like X2 it would be amazing imo.

whatchoo talkin bout, NoBodyImportant?

FF was a bit TOO comic booky for me i understand its based on one but if it was a bit more serious like X2 it would be amazing imo.

See, this is the problem. FF is not like X-Men or Spider-Man. Indeed, the movies copied XM's realist tone and came across as a pale PG imitation. The movies should be dark for menace, but not too dark or comic. They should be fantasies.

Considering the movie dealt with the origins of everyone, and we already have a potential Silver Surfer/Cosmic Marvel franchise riding (pun intended) on the wave of the current films, I'd go for a requel option ala Hulk.

Simple, set it years later, Franklin is ten years old, Doom is ruler of Latveria and wants the boy's powers. Ergo, good way to rewrite and exposite his origin by using Franklin's pov. This would also set up the conflict between Doom (magic) and Reed (science) as he battles for his son.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"