The Amazing Spider-Man Favorite adaptation of the Lizard?

1. Spider-Man TAS
2. TSSM

Honestly, TASM's Lizard would be the worst if not for the MTV series. It made the same mistakes as Webb and co. did (ruined the design and appearance of the character, removed his family and thus his sympathy, allowed him to transform in and out of Lizard form thereby making Connors more evil) the only difference is the MTV show took it a step further by making Connors fully evil and killing him.

As a long time Lizard fan, it's depressing that TASM is probably the only time he'll be done on film. Oh well.

Lol Is this a thread on which lizard we prefer?Or is this arguement bait on why some hate TASM?

So far it's been pretty on topic

TSSM's hit all the right notes on The Lizard's story.

I liked TASM's, but it was missing Martha and Billy Connors, whom I think are essential to The Lizard's tragic story.

Lol Is this a thread on which lizard we prefer?Or is this arguement bait on why some hate TASM?

Do you see anywhere on this thread to suggest what you're assuming? It's been on topic. If anything, you've been the only one to actually suggest this without even answering the thread/poll's question.

I think he was done nicely in TNAS, I can deal with the way he was written for animation spinning off of movies instead of being it's own thing

Loved the nod back to the original appearance of the Lizard in the comics, in terms of look from TASM. Not having his family though was a big mistake, and therefore, The 90s animated series gets my vote.

If TSSM didn't even exist, I think I would have voted for Spider-Man:TAS' version, but "Natural Selection" was just amazing.

Spectacular Spider-Man (hand down)
It hit all the key notes of what should make a Lizard story great.

1. The family aspect.
2. Having Conner's enjoy being whole before taking it away.
3. The build up before he becomes Lizard.
4. The epic battle.

For a cartoon the episode is pretty emotional.

IMO, they didn't use the Lizard to it's full brutal potential. He looked too much like a human, although that was the approach they decided. In that aspect, they got what they were looking for. Doesn't mean it was the right decision, but people liked it.

The snout, or lack of, is what disappointed me a little. I understand how it would have been hard for them to portray a human with one, also the way the Lizard would speak wouldn't jive properly with the mouth... At the end of the day, he looked cheesy in some scenes. There's a GIF of when Spidey webs his mouth in the other thread. Looking at his face, when he makes that roar. It wasn't menacing at all for me. It looked like a really awkward smile if you look at it close enough.

Spidey and the Lizard did throw down, very well and props to M.W. for never doing an action movie like that before. I just wanted to see more brutality from the Lizard, a bite or a huge chunk of Peter from a slash. (not the pin Spidey down and slowly cut his chest with my nails that magically grow on command)

A huge part of Connors that they left out was his family. Billy to be exact. A scene with his wife and son petrified at what he's become at the cost of living a normal life would have been golden. Spidey comes in and saves the day. Much like the 90's cartoon episode or even The Spectacular Spider-Man episode. Those would have added so much to the movie and to Dr. Connors himself.

Ton of nitpicks, I seem like a hater on the villain. I'm really a big fan of the movie. Right behind Spider-Man 2 for me as far as best Spidey movies because I totally dug the Peter Parker in this movie. Stellar.

If TSSM didn't even exist, I think I would have voted for Spider-Man:TAS' version, but "Natural Selection" was just amazing.

Natural Selection is a pretty simple episode, and it's the exact way that I think a Lizard episode should be done

but as appealing as that incarnation of the lizard is, it unfortunately probably wouldn't have worked in a movie. The perfect movie version would've been the 90's cartoon lizard with a little more personal story and a creepier humanoid lizard look. Yes, even though they didn't make him look exactly creepy or scary looking, I still believe that a creepy humanoid Lizard could be done

90's TAS Lizard. I think the 'Night of the Lizard' episode handled the Lizard and his 'turn everyone into lizards' plan better than the movie.
*Curt transforms into the Lizard once and disappears. Only his family know that he is the Lizard.
*Lizard starts moving equipment into the sewers, and kidnaps people to help him operate the equipment (Because his hands can't grasp properly).
*Spider-man encounters the Lizard at the Connors home and learns his identity.
*Lizard takes his/Connor's wife into the sewer and reveals his plan to turn everyone into lizards.
*Spider-man cures the Lizard and protects his identity from the public for the sake of the Connor's family.

I like that the ASM lizard attracted actual lizards though.

I decided, I finally made my decision, the 90s cartoon version is my favorite

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"