Rogue One Felicity Jones is Jyn Erso in Rogue One

^^
I think the Rebels spies in this movie will not get the DS plans but only the confirmation of a super weapon being built.

Nobody was saying she had to be related to anyone from the main saga.

Er, yeah, right before, since it's about stealing the plans that end up with Leia.

We don't see every single character on Yavin, so that really doesn't prove anything. Anyone who survived (and I'm skeptical that this ends with every single one dying) could be literally anywhere.

Um...there are theories going around that some think she could be related to Rey....

And thankfully I am not one of them.

Gotta be honest, I thought her line delivery was super cringey.

^^
I think the Rebels spies in this movie will not get the DS plans but only the confirmation of a super weapon being built.

Mon Mothma: "We need to know what it is and how to destroy it"
For that they need the plans.(see ANH LOL!)

Everything said and revealed so far indicates they are going after the plans and are in fact the ones who steal them.
That is the movie. LOL!

That droid they are running with in several shots, is Alan Tudyk's character, the DS plans are probably in him and they are trying to heist/smuggle him out . - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=504839

123zjz.gif

123zdk.gif

Assume he's carrying the DS plans.

Last edited:
Yeah that plan ended, when Alderaan was destroyed. Hence they had to get them to to Yavin directly.

But having the Rebels spies who already had the plans back at Yavin still craps on the ANH Trio's desperate mission to get the plans there. LOL!

I would argue having Alderaan destroyed and finding out that the weapon was operational was the real crapping on the plan...

We also don't know when that scene takes place...maybe they were ordered to take the plans to Leia and then disappear afterward, just in case they were being tacked as well?

I would argue having Alderaan destroyed and finding out that the weapon was operational was the real crapping on the plan...

We also don't know when that scene takes place...maybe they were ordered to take the plans to Leia and then disappear afterward, just in case they were being tacked as well?

Yeah you don't get it, the ultimate plan is to get the stolen DS plans to the Rebels.
Obviously Jyn and crew are pursued, and forced to transmit the stolen plans to Leia who "intercepts" them. while on a "diplomatic mission", we learn it's to bring Obi-Wan to Alderaan.
So now she has two plans, recruit Obi-Wan, and get the stolen plans to the rebels. she can't finish either, so uses the R2, etc... , when Alderaan is blown, it's obviously no longer an option, they need to get the plans directly to the Rebels.
I mean do I really have to narrate ANH to you?
To have the spies who already had the plans be on Yavin, doesn't negate her plan it belittles the freakin ANH movie! Everything Leia, Luke and Han the trio went through to get the plans to the Rebels.
If Jyn and the spies could have just taken the plans there there themselves.

These movies are supposed to serve the original material, not fly in the face of it.

Anyway I really don't care about Rey being Luke and Jyn's baby, or imagining how they meet, it's pure fan service.

-
Something much more interesting:

Felicity Jones (Jyn's) weapons?

Notice the two escrima-like-sticks on her back.
Then when she's running with Diego Luna(Cacien) towards the At-At's she's carrying what could be the same?

mzgr9heiy3dqabsayp8m.gif

jttabbkxombmpvp1augh.gif

She also maybe cracks a few stormtrooper heads with one.
tumblr_o59ir3toNL1v2vapvo4_r1_500.gif

Is that the same weapon?

Last edited:
Mon Mothma: "We need to know what it is and how to destroy it"
For that they need the plans.(see ANH LOL!)

I don't see where is the LOL in what I said nor how it contradict what Mon Mothma said in the teaser. Also in ANH we know that is it the Bothans that get the plans.
"How to destroy it" doesn't exactly mean that Rebels will get the plans in this movie.

Rendez-vous in December.

Last edited:
I don't see where is the LOL in what I said nor how it contradict what Mon Mothma said in the teaser. Also in ANH we know that is it the Bothans that get the plans.
"How to destroy it" doesn't exactly mean that Rebels will get the plans in this movie.

Bothans is ROTJ ...2nd Death Star.
This takes place before ANH. 1st Death Star.

No Bothans.

"Rebel Spies"

Read the opening crawl of ANH. First lines. That is what this movie is about and when it takes place.

"It is a period of civil war. Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire.
During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Empire's ultimate weapon, the DEATH STAR, an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet.

These are the Rebel Spies who steal the plans in the opening crawl.

^^

No they steal the plans and transmit them to the Tantive IV and Leia.

Last edited:

Rendez-vous in December.

The Bothans got the plans to destroy the second Death Star in Return of The Jedi.

I love angry women when they're not angry at me.:cwink:

Jyn has got some scars.

At least she has a last name they aren't being overly dramatic about hiding and revealing.

Yeah you don't get it, the ultimate plan is to get the stolen DS plans to the Rebels.
Obviously Jyn and crew are pursued, and forced to transmit the stolen plans to Leia who "intercepts" them. while on a "diplomatic mission", we learn it's to bring Obi-Wan to Alderaan.
So now she has two plans, recruit Obi-Wan, and get the stolen plans to the rebels. she can't finish either, so uses the R2, etc... , when Alderaan is blown, it's obviously no longer an option, they need to get the plans directly to the Rebels.
I mean do I really have to narrate ANH to you?
To have the spies who already had the plans be on Yavin, doesn't negate her plan it belittles the freakin ANH movie! Everything Leia, Luke and Han the trio went through to get the plans to the Rebels.
If Jyn and the spies could have just taken the plans there there themselves.

These movies are supposed to serve the original material, not fly in the face of it.

Anyway I really don't care about Rey being Luke and Jyn's baby, or imagining how they meet, it's pure fan service.

-
Something much more interesting:

Felicity Jones (Jyn's) weapons?

Notice the two escrima-like-sticks on her back.
Then when she's running with Diego Luna(Cacien) towards the At-At's she's carrying what could be the same?

mzgr9heiy3dqabsayp8m.gif

jttabbkxombmpvp1augh.gif

She also maybe cracks a few stormtrooper heads with one.
tumblr_o59ir3toNL1v2vapvo4_r1_500.gif

Is that the same weapon?

Do I need to narrate to you how movie trailers are made? Just because you see rebels on Yavin doesn't mean that they finish the movie there...that could be 10 minutes in and just where the movie starts...it appears that she is in shackles...so that may be the point when she's actually recruited to be a part of the mission to steal the plans.

Thus, you don't know that they end up back at Yavin AFTER they steal the plans...they could have ended up anywhere...maybe they died, maybe they got arrested and the next movie is them breaking out of some prison.

You know there's a way to discuss movies with people without being a dick about it right?

Do I need to narrate to you how movie trailers are made? Just because you see rebels on Yavin doesn't mean that they finish the movie there...that could be 10 minutes in and just where the movie starts...it appears that she is in shackles...so that may be the point when she's actually recruited to be a part of the mission to steal the plans.

Thus, you don't know that they end up back at Yavin AFTER they steal the plans...they could have ended up anywhere...maybe they died, maybe they got arrested and the next movie is them breaking out of some prison....

Yeah that's my point.
The rebels who stole and had the plans are not themselves ending up on back on Yavin, it would diminish the story of Leia, Han and Luke desperate mission getting the plans to Yavin.
Hence the whole fan dream of her ending up with Luke seems like unnecessary rambling fanservice.
When there is likely no next movie for her.
But whatever, I could be dead wrong, you want them to be Rey's parents have at it, I'll drop it.
You know there's a way to discuss movies with people without being a dick about it right?
Sorry.

Yay Jyn Erso!
She and this movie look awesome!

Last edited:
No fans for shiping Jyn & Cassien?

125eky.gif

Last edited:
We're busy shiping Ben Mendelsohn and his cape.

So did the Laura Dern theories got thrown out the window all of a sudden?

She's allegedly playing a Resistance Admiral who takes the lead when Leia's blown into a coma and apparently she messes up, leading to Poe becoming a General.

Um...there are theories going around that some think she could be related to Rey....
Um, yes, but none of those theories are based on the supposition that Jyn has to be related to somebody.

Which makes the whole set up of her meeting Luke more rambling fanservice.
Why would it be "fanservice" if a member of the Rebellion ended up meeting Luke at some point?

I don't even particularly think the theory is true, but that's a really silly objection to it.

Why would it be "fanservice" if a member of the Rebellion ended up meeting Luke at some point?
I don't even particularly think the theory is true, but that's a really silly objection to it.
...and that Rey turns out to be their baby!
I was wrong, it's freakin great, it's the greatest thing since Anakin built 3P0. Brilliant, make it happen!
-

In other news., some charming Jyn fan art...
rogue_one__a_star_wars_story_fan_art_by_davejorel-d9y7xer.jpg

Disney Princes? ...she'd rebel and purposely get thrown out of the club.:woot:

jyn_erso_by_lorna_ka-d9y7lwx.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"