Rogue One Felicity Jones is Jyn Erso in Rogue One

ePPh1j2.jpg

Looks like her goofy hat and "Jan Ors" goggles look is standard. :csad:

LMq6xac.jpg

-

Also a tiny :oldrazz:observation, what appears to be the TIE-Striker pilot appears to have two glowing tipped sticks/weapons. - http://i.imgur.com/ivJES7y.jpg?1

Cspb3jX.jpg

These seem to parallel the uniform Jyn wears in the final shot of the trailer. See the red tips on the bottom of her pack.

So the uniform (and potentially the ship, you can guess why) she steels appears will be a TIE-Striker

mzgr9heiy3dqabsayp8m.gif

Last edited:
Entertainment Weekly - 'Rogue One': Exclusive Details on All the New 'Star Wars' Characters

ClkuQysWAAAWWCg.jpg

Jyn Erso (Felicity Jones)
A streetwise delinquent who has been on her own since 15, she has fighting skills and a knowledge of the galactic underworld that the Rebel Alliance desperately needs. “She’s got a checkered past,” says Lucasfilm president and Rogue One producer Kathleen Kennedy. “She has been detained [by the Rebellion] and is being given an opportunity to be useful. And by being useful, it may commute her sentence… She’s a real survivor. She becomes a kind of Joan of Arc in the story.”

http://www.ew.com/gallery/star-wars-rogue-one-characters

1353frrtg221000.jpg

hmrN3eF.jpg

Jyn Erso (Felicity Jones)
A streetwise delinquent who has been on her own since 15, she has fighting skills and a knowledge of the galactic underworld that the Rebel Alliance desperately needs. “She’s got a checkered past,” says Lucasfilm president and Rogue One producer Kathleen Kennedy. “She has been detained [by the Rebellion] and is being given an opportunity to be useful. And by being useful, it may commute her sentence… She’s a real survivor. She becomes a kind of Joan of Arc in the story.”
Not that the sacrifice wasn't expected but yeah spoilers(not) ....we know how she ends.:dry:

Last edited:
ePPh1j2.jpg
LMq6xac.jpg

20160715_102219.jpg

Hmm, besides her standard costume, and her stolen TIE-Striker disguise, they are also emphasizing this third look:
Might the hat goggles and poncho look place her on the Iceland "Tundra" set.

Where we see from the trailer the burning homestead like moisture vaporators and in the EW pics of the Death-Trooper holding a doll

Similar to Cassian Andor's Hoth like gear.
So these two may share a scene there.

Last edited:
Op6eNiU.jpg

X55xtsK.jpg

LQh5RI3.jpg

Didn't know she was Sergeant and "Jedha"?

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the "Jedha" thing is about? Like is it an alias or a codename?

Another great reveal: Little Jyn Erso escaping and hoping away towards her destiny!. :woot:
17hs0p.gif

Scene is likely followed by Death Trooper picking up her doll.
5i6yFz9.png

Last edited:
The Hollywood Reporter - New 'Rogue One' Details Emerge as Director Reveals What Happened When George Lucas Criticized Things on Set

"I feel there's one major difference between Jyn and other Star Wars heroes, like Rey and Luke, and that main difference is that she isn't a character asking, 'Who am I and where have I come from?'" said Jones. "We know that about her. And that fact propels the story and is the beginning of Jyn's journey to find out what her reason is and her cause."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/rogue-one-star-wars-spoilers-911512

Yahoo! - Felicity Jones and Kathleen Kennedy Don't Want Focus to Be on 'Rogue One' Hero's Gender

“Obviously it’s absolutely fantastic, but I hope people would relate to Jyn as a person,” said Jones, who earned an Oscar nomination for playing Jane Hawking in 2014’s The Theory of Everything. “Rather than her gender being at the forefront, it will be her as a person, and as a character.”

Kennedy, who took over the reins of the studio founded by George Lucas in 2012 after producing such mega-hits as E.T. and Jurassic Park — and who regularly tops “Most Powerful Women in Hollywood” lists — said she is “very, very proud of the fact that we’ve been able to do this with Star Wars.” But, she added, “I think there’s a tendency to want to assume that the character of Jyn and the character of Rey are exactly the same. But in fact they’re both very, very different.”

Jones addressed that same theme when one reporter on the black carpet asked about the prevalent fan theory that Rey is Jyn’s mother. After letting out a loud laugh at the question, Jones quoted her colleague Ridley: “Just because they have the same color hair, doesn’t mean they’re related.”

Kennedy also brought up the point that Rogue One is more of an ensemble than most Star Wars movies. “Jyn, even though she is the lead in Rogue One, she’s very much a part of a team and an ensemble group. So the character operates in a way that’s quite different the story we’re telling with Rey.

"But I think it’s fantastic that we’re able to bring both men and women into these stories in a way that hopefully at some point — I think we’re nearing that — it doesn’t become something that we talk about. It’s just an accepted part of the casting process.”

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/felicity-jones-and-kathleen-kennedy-dont-want-the-204847468.html

the prevalent fan theory that Rey is Jyn’s mother
Oh so that's why the mind behind Looper is directing Episode VIII. :o

Last edited:
The Hollywood Reporter - New 'Rogue One' Details Emerge as Director Reveals What Happened When George Lucas Criticized Things on Set

What a horrible headline. (of course the take away will be "OMG Lucas criticized Edwards and R1!"

But yeah the reference comes from Edwards Celebration interview and came off allot funnier, when you here him tell it, he referenced Lucas' as having an incredible and dry sense of humor.
And has nothing but praise for him.
Another special guest came in the form of George Lucas, who popped by one Monday.

"I was told on Friday and spent the whole weekend crapping myself," Edwards said. "I challenge anyone to have a more surreal experience than showing a Star Wars film to George Lucas. He'd criticize things, but then we'd realize he was joking. But we'd all be having heart attacks."

the prevalent fan theory that Rey is Jyn’s mother
Yeah that fanwank theory was cleverly shot down by Ridley a while back, I like that Kennedy quoted her.

Ridley:
“Just because they have the same color hair, doesn’t mean they’re related.”

Sad "reporters" are still asking her about that.

Or that Kennedy feels like she has to defend a female lead.

Man we saw Ripley take over and lead a group of roughnecks in Aliens over 30 years ago.
This is nothing new.
If anything I hope they borrow heavily from that.

If the whole movie plays out visually similar to Aliens with everyone killed, she's the sole survivor, and it's down to Jyn standing alone as Vader finally enters, with her hand on the send transmission button... which she slams, right before he kills her, I'll love it!

Last edited:
StarWars.com - Jyn Erso

JYN ERSO
Putting behind a checkered past by lending her skills to a greater cause, Jyn Erso is impetuous, defiant, and eager to bring the battle to the Empire. Used to operating alone, she finds higher purpose by taking on a desperate mission for the Rebel Alliance.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/jyn-erso

Entertainment Weekly - Rogue One: Felicity Jones on the importance of women in the Rebellion

Nothing pushed her to the limit like playing Rogue One’s Jyn Erso, the loner whose scientist father has knowledge vital to both the Rebels and the Empire. To help the Rebellion secure the plans that will eventually help Luke Skywalker destroy the Death Star, her conscripted outlaw will fight in space, on land, in the pouring rain, and under a sweltering desert sun.

“I’m laughing now, but at the time, it was physically exhausting,” says the actress, 32. “It took a lot of hours of practice, and I worked with a kung fu coach, and I learned to fight, even though I never thought beating up Stormtroopers was something I’d be doing in my job. It came through hard work and lots of practice and rehearsals.”

At 5-foot-3, Jones is not the typical war-movie brawler, but she says that’s part of Jyn’s underdog appeal.

“She is absolutely a very unlikely heroine,” the actress says. “She’s someone on the edges and fringes of society. Physically, she’s smaller than everyone else around her, but… when someone has something they believe in, that’s what powers them, that’s what motivates them, that’s what can give someone enormous strength.”

Edwards says he chose Jones because she wasn’t “so kick-ass and shields-up that the audience couldn’t empathize with her.”

“There were a lot of people who could learn how to fight and beat people up and do the physical side of it. For me, the most interesting thing is when there’s a crack in the armor, when you can glimpse the vulnerability in someone,” the director says. “You can just hang the camera on Felicity and not say a word, and you can feel her having a million different thoughts. You get interested in what she’s thinking and what’s going on. She can be very observant within a scene. It doesn’t always have to be about her directly, but we’re experiencing it through her. She just has that knack for pulling you in.”

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/12/rogue-one-felicity-jones-importance-women-rebellion

Uh... did I just fall in love with Felicity Jones. Yep, I think I did. What am I supposed to do now.

No seriously, is it just me or does she really look otherworldly beautiful in this particular picture. Diego Luna is not half bad either. :o
As I already said, hottest SW couple ever.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"