"Final Curtain" Season 2: Episode 26 Discussion Thread

I mean, it seemed strange that this version of Norman would put himself in danger by experimenting on himself, putting on a costume and going out to fight his own battles like that. It would be like if Tombstone experimented on himself or something. It's why I always figured that he was brainwashing Harry into doing it all for him.

Norman was the Goblin from the start, he is psychotic lunatic, and this makes him even more dangerous. If he can play two completely different parts and be aware of both of them.

Norman was the Goblin from the start, he is psychotic lunatic, and this makes him even more dangerous. If he can play two completely different parts and be aware of both of them.
yeah defintely agree, not to get off topic with all the goblin talk but i was just wondering is the Connor's going to florida an homage to Curt going there to do Lizard research or something Lizard related in the comics because i vaguely remember that in one of the comics i read.

Also since Norman is presumed dead but at the end we clearly see he faked his own death, i think Hobby will take over for the Goblin and then i can see a Hobby vs. Green arc as the final arc in season 3 just speculation and hope.

yeah defintely agree, not to get off topic with all the goblin talk but i was just wondering is the Connor's going to florida an homage to Curt going there to do Lizard research or something Lizard related in the comics because i vaguely remember that in one of the comics i read.

Also since Norman is presumed dead but at the end we clearly see he faked his own death, i think Hobby will take over for the Goblin and then i can see a Hobby vs. Green arc as the final arc in season 3 just speculation and hope.

Or maybe even give the next season to Hobgoblin and Scorpion, leave out Norman, and then the clash of the goblins for season four.

OMG! Sounds like a climatic, awesome, amazing, spectacular, cool, fun, interesting episode!!! Thank you for all the spoilers!

Well Curt and his family were originally from Florida, in fact The Lizards first issue took place there. Every now and then, they revisited the setting.

Well, I read the spoilers regarding the Goblin's identity, and I just have to say
Is anyone really surprised that Norman was the Goblin all along? I mean you didn't seriously think anyone but him was going to be the Goblin first. That would be a complete mock up of the Goblin saga.

It was always going to be Norman. Just like Doc Ock was always going to be the Master Planner. These are hallmark Spidey stories. Classics. You don't screw them up.

Well, I read the spoilers regarding the Goblin's identity, and I just have to say
Is anyone really surprised that Norman was the Goblin all along? I mean you didn't seriously think anyone but him was going to be the Goblin first. That would be a complete mock up of the Goblin saga.

It was always going to be Norman. Just like Doc Ock was always going to be the Master Planner. These are hallmark Spidey stories. Classics. You don't screw them up.

yeah i know but the build up to everything regarding Norman/Greeny was defintely written better than the Master Planner arc IMO because all the emotion peter/harry was totally perfect

:confused: If that's the case... than why is it so difficult to believe the Foswell is really the BigMan. I mean everyone has been saying it's Tombs, now Gobby, and at one point during the 1st season, a few believe he to be Kingpin... for whatever reason. You follow what I'm saying... things are not all the together black & white. Thanks to great writing of course. ;):):cool:

:confused: If that's the case... than why is it so difficult to believe the Foswell is really the BigMan. I mean everyone has been saying it's Tombs, now Gobby, and at one point during the 1st season, a few believe he to be Kingpin... for whatever reason. You follow what I'm saying... things are not all the together black & white. Thanks to great writing of course. ;):):cool:

Because The Big Man was never as Big nor nearly as important as GG or Doc Ock. The idea that a guy can be a reporter during the day, at night dress up as a thug to get info from criminals and still find time to be a Crime boss is a little....exhausting. They just took away one element from him and placed it onto Tombstone, which worked out great.

Wow, I just finished watching this episode. Brilliant. Fantastic. Awesome.

Norman being the Green Goblin was no surprise at all. But they kept it intriguing right to the end. Harry was also set up nicely to take on the Goblin mantle. He said he believes Spider-Man should have saved his dad, and he manipulated Gwen into staying with him, when he knew she was going to break up with him to be with Peter. Harry is a sly, manipulative little git. Daddy would be proud.

Speaking of daddy, Norman has fled off to another country to hide while the world thinks he's dead. Just like in the comics after he was thought dead in ASM #122. I can see him orchestrating a clone saga from there. He has got Warren working for him.
They nailed the Green Goblin. Seriously, I think he and Doc Ock are the two villains that they captured 100% perfectly. Everything about them that makes them so dangerous, clever, and Spidey's biggest foes is right here. Gobby is my 2nd fav villain after Doc Ock. Top class. He was truly done justice. All the classic greatness is here.

Great to hear the name Gargan being mentioned. Touch wood we get a season 3, the Scorpion is sure to rear his head.

Overall the episode delivered in spades. 10/10 all the way.

It's been one hell of a ride this season. It seems like it only began yesterday and now it's over :csad: Hopefully we'll be doing it all again next year for a third season.

And now a gift for those who don't download torrents, or are having no joy with YouTube: http://www.veoh.com/search/videos/q/spectacular+spider-man#watch=v18027271gk2MggpR

But not everyone watching the show is on par with the comic material, sure the movie helped, but still.......

But not everyone watching the show is on par with the comic material, sure the movie helped, but still.......

I'm not talking about the non comic book fans. Their ignorance is excusable. I'm talking to my fellow geeks right here who were spinning wild theories about Harry being the Goblin first, or Roderick Kingsley etc.

You all should have known better :oldrazz: This cartoon has well proven by now that they respect the comics. They know not to mess with the real classics. The Green Goblin saga is definitely something you don't screw up.

Originally in the comics, Spidey had to travel to Florida for the Lizard. Curt was doing research down there and Originally he transformed there. He came to NY for some odd reason. So with Curt out, we can see Gwen and Warren becoming closer due to them working more closely together.... anybody see what i see coming?

Originally in the comics, Spidey had to travel to Florida for the Lizard. Curt was doing research down there and Originally he transformed there. He came to NY for some odd reason. So with Curt out, we can see Gwen and Warren becoming closer due to them working more closely together.... anybody see what i see coming?

ze' Jackal.
lol

oh i remember i think Curt came to NY for the cure to rid him of the Lizard

I'm not talking about the non comic book fans. Their ignorance is excusable. I'm talking to my fellow geeks right here who were spinning wild theories about Harry being the Goblin first, or Roderick Kingsley etc.

You all should have known better :oldrazz: This cartoon has well proven by now that they respect the comics. They know not to mess with the real classics. The Green Goblin saga is definitely something you don't screw up.

No one could know 100% for sure how the writers would write the characters... change them or not. Ever so slightly or even combining characters. So you guess correctly and many others didn't. I commend that to very good writing.

I would have never guess that Sam Raimi wouldn't have been faithful to Stan... and yet, look what we got. Besides, I wouldn't go that far and say these writers are completely faithful... very good, but not so faithful. Otherwise Felicia shouldn't have had any reason to hate Spidey. ;)

Look, enjoy the series, because lord knows I wish these writers was on board with Sam Raimi.

Thanks for the link.

BigMan

Last edited:
*tears up* This Episode was the GREATEST episode ever...Oh and yes I did have a nerdgasm... I love you so much Joker, I was going crazy about all these spoilers that I couldn't read. I thought Shear Strength was good, but THIS takes the cake. This show NEEDS a season 3 SO bad that it hurts.
Now was I right? or was I right? Norman is and always was the Goblin. Having everything explained about the Halloween Gobby encounter was great as well. "I wasn't stupid enough to drink it." They didn't pull an amnesia thing on us too. Norman has no split personality in this series he's just evil. Harry figuring out "Norman" was fake by him apologizing to Spidey was good as well. I and the rest of the Norman is Goblin believers were spot on about Chameleon, the leg breaking, EVERYTHING. However I didn't think that he went and broke his own son's leg. Oh and I did feel sorry for Liz, she's the only "popular" who is all alone. Plus Norman isn't dead nor has amnesia!

Now excuse me...I'm going to go watch it again. If "The Batman" can make it to 5 seasons, HOW is it that this show is on the ropes.

This is the one I've been waiting to see, I'm downloading it as I type, man I can't wait to see this, please oh please let there be a third season!!!:D:up:

That.....was......just....insane. Literally. What a HELL of a way to finish the season. Norman, Harry, Peter, Gwen, Liz everyone in this episode was spot on. Amazing episode.

Totally exceeded my expectations and I assure you they were high for this one. Everything I believed happened in season one was played out here to perfection. I mean the clues were right there. Great episode and full of action. 10/10 for sure.

Oh man, I just loved how fast paced that fight between Gobby and Spidey was. Is it me, or has Spidey taken the most damage from Green Goblin? It's sort of a cross between Doc Ock, Venom, and the Green Goblin.

No one could know 100% for sure how the writers would write the characters... change them or not. Ever so slightly or even combining characters. So you guess correctly and many others didn't. I commend that to very good writing.

I would have never guess that Sam Raimi wouldn't have been faithful to Stan... and yet, look what we got.

This is not the movies. This is a cartoon series. They don't have to take a characters 40+ year comic book history and put it in a 2 hour flick. They have the luxury to span out their storylines over seasons, like the Goblin story here.

Besides, I wouldn't go that far and say these writers are completely faithful... very good, but not so faithful. Otherwise Felicia shouldn't have had any reason to hate Spidey. ;)

Never said they were entirely faithful. No adaption of Spider-Man on screen will ever be, IMO. I said they're faithful to the classic hallmark Spidey stuff. The stuff that is true vintage essential Spider-Man.

It wouldn't have been right for anyone else but Norman to be the first Goblin. It wouldn't have been right for anyone else but Doc Ock to be the Master Planner etc.

You mentioned the Big Man storyline and how Foswell was not the Big Man. That is not even half as famous or important as Green Goblin or Doc Ock. There's no necessity to be loyal to the Big Man plot. It's not important.

Look, enjoy the series, because lord knows I wish these writers was on board with Sam Raimi.

Amen to that.

Am I the only one just getting a search screen but no final curtain episode with this link?

Give it a few seconds to load.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"