Fire vs Ice...Human Torch vs Ice Man??? Please...

Got absolutely no idea to be honest with you. Saw scans of it though.

Lackey said:
except that particular one would cost you around $10

X said:
Ahahaha. And so the old grumpy man schtick fails. :(

I didn't say buy a frickin overpriced CGC copy...:rolleyes:

I bet you I can find a copy at Wizard World Chicago for under 3 bucks.

Gambit8370 said:
I didn't say buy a frickin overpriced CGC copy...:rolleyes:

I bet you I can find a copy at Wizard World Chicago for under 3 bucks.

You bet? There's one you'd lose.

And did you even remotely look at that link? It's almost 20 bucks for a very fine copy, and that's it on sale. No "CGC" copy there either, that's off one of the best comic sites on the internet.

X said:
You bet? There's one you'd lose.

And did you even remotely look at that link? It's almost 20 bucks for a very fine copy, and that's it on sale. No "CGC" copy there either, that's off one of the best comic sites on the internet.
See, though, that's the beauty of comic conventions.

There are tons of mooks who inherited their daddy's or uncle's comic collections who slap a "2-FOR-A-DOLLAR" sign on a bunch of boxes that us collectors swarm over like a pack of slathering vultures.

I'll find one for under 3 bucks.

Mark my words.

Ahahaha, you've definitely got me there.

Be honest with you, I've never even been to a comic convention so I woulden't exactly know how things work there.

Sorry. :o

Gambit8370 said:
See, though, that's the beauty of comic conventions.

There are tons of mooks who inherited their daddy's or uncle's comic collections who slap a "2-FOR-A-DOLLAR" sign on a bunch of boxes that us collectors swarm over like a pack of slathering vultures.

I'll find one for under 3 bucks.

Mark my words.

doesn't matter if you find one under 3 bucks because you said "check out the back issue bin" you didn't say "go to a comicon and check out what mooks are selling"

You find a copy under 3 bucks in a comic book store and then you'll prove yourself right.

SuGarRush said:
Underestimating Bobby,

while Johnny can go nova (*ooohhh nova!*), this does take him a second to do so.
Bobby can control any liquid and cause it to freeze, like say... the capillaries in johnny's brain? kinda hard to go nova when you are suffering a major brain anuerism.
Or Bobby could flash freeze Johnny into a block of ice. Storm can't light up if there is no oxygen for him to combust with.
Or flash freeze Torch's lungs, they shatter the next time he contracts his diaphragm to breethe, *snap crackle pop*
Johnny is hyped and touted all the time, but Bobby is hardly ever used to the full extent of his powers...
i was about to make those same points! :xmen:

Did a little Googling to find out more about Bobby fighting the Stranger. Apparently Iceman has had a power upgrade

Months later, Bobby was one of five people selected by Prosh to go on a number of time-traveling adventures, supposedly to discover information vital to saving humanity. During these jaunts, Prosh pushed Iceman's powers to their ultimate potential, allowing him to quickly travel great distances through water and to reform himself after being vaporized, among other things. Bobby was then instrumental in defeating the Stranger, who had corrupted Prosh's programming and was trying to accelerate humanity's evolution so he could control eternity. Now with nearly complete control of his powers, Bobby rejoined the X-Men as a full-time member.
So apparently now 616 Iceman can do the teleporting through water thing and recreate himself after being completely vaporized. I'd say that gives him a definite edge over Torch in a fight to the death (since Johnny's a good bit more killable.) I'm still not so sure Bobby could incapacitate Torch with non-lethal methods, though. Can Torch raise his own body temperature? Or is he just totally immune to his own heat? If it's the latter, maybe Iceman could cool him internally until he passes out (since Iceman doesn't just shoot ice, he can lower temperatures by simply thinking it).

Lackey said:
doesn't matter if you find one under 3 bucks because you said "check out the back issue bin" you didn't say "go to a comicon and check out what mooks are selling"

You find a copy under 3 bucks in a comic book store and then you'll prove yourself right.

Touche'.

For anyone who actually read the comic does "without the use of his usual ice slide" mean he can fly? And did you get to see him fly? Thanks

XFanTim said:
Did a little Googling to find out more about Bobby fighting the Stranger. Apparently Iceman has had a power upgrade

So apparently now 616 Iceman can do the teleporting through water thing and recreate himself after being completely vaporized. I'd say that gives him a definite edge over Torch in a fight to the death (since Johnny's a good bit more killable.) I'm still not so sure Bobby could incapacitate Torch with non-lethal methods, though. Can Torch raise his own body temperature? Or is he just totally immune to his own heat? If it's the latter, maybe Iceman could cool him internally until he passes out (since Iceman doesn't just shoot ice, he can lower temperatures by simply thinking it).

Well, Johnny's been known to actually boil his own blood before, to get rid of a poison. So, there you have it.

bioling his own blood wont do anything against his opponent who can flas sreeze his lungs or brian. :xmen:

i vote iceman, but how is torch winning by that much votes is iceman could just freeze his lungs like iceman03 said.

iceman03 said:
bioling his own blood wont do anything against his opponent who can flas sreeze his lungs or brian. :xmen:

I concur. But, question needed to be anwsered, so... :up:

casketmouth said:
I really don't know. I like both of them the same and there counter parts. Torch is way better movie wise but overall I don't know. Who would win in a fight to the death. Just post thoughts or somethin'.

By comics : Iceman hands down.

In the Movies:The Torch.

Reasons:

In Comics 616 Universe Iceman has more control over heat, moisture and his immediate enviroment he has survived in space.

casketmouth said:
I really don't know. I like both of them the same and there counter parts. Torch is way better movie wise but overall I don't know. Who would win in a fight to the death. Just post thoughts or somethin'.
Gotta add:
Technically bobby can just "turn off" the torch when he's in range. :oo

iceman03 said:
True, but again that's assuming Bobby is willing to kill. But maybe that's the standard assumption for this sort of thing.

Varient said:
Technically bobby can just "turn off" the torch when he's in range.
Really? Has he actually done this in the comics?

XFanTim said:
Really? Has he actually done this in the comics?

To be clear:
"Iceman" "Controls Heat" in a localized area.

Everything he does involves being able to gather moisture from the air and freeze it.

VERY INTENSE POWER BECAUSE:
Imagine how much water it takes to make an "Ice Slide" or heck,.. An "Ice Bat"
That amount of water, (which he pulls from the air), would easily cover the entire floor of an office building as moisture is normally distributed in atmosphere, (More near ocean,..less in desert, but you get the idea.)
Yet he's able to collect it quickly and either make an iceslide for transport, a tool for a fight or freeze you,.. all in less time than it takes to say it.

Are you aware of what it would take for a Machine to pull water out of air and produce an "ice Bat" in less than a second?
And he's more selective than the Torch.

Johnny can absorb and manip flame and heat.

Bobby can suck moisture from the air,.... or any nearby watersource without effecting anything else, control his own and any local temperture from ambiant to 100's below kelvan.

I'm not even going into the White Queen's spin on his powers.

If Johhny flies within range, Bobby just pulls the moisture and heat from around him,... he falls and does a mummy.

Varient said:
To be clear:
"Iceman" "Controls Heat" in a localized area.

Everything he does involves being able to gather moisture from the air and freeze it.

VERY INTENSE POWER BECAUSE:
Imagine how much water it takes to make an "Ice Slide" or heck,.. An "Ice Bat"
That amount of water, (which he pulls from the air), would easily cover the entire floor of an office building as moisture is normally distributed in atmosphere, (More near ocean,..less in desert, but you get the idea.)
Yet he's able to collect it quickly and either make an iceslide for transport, a tool for a fight or freeze you,.. all in less time than it takes to say it.

Are you aware of what it would take for a Machine to pull water out of air and produce an "ice Bat" in less than a second?
And he's more selective than the Torch.

Johnny can absorb and manip flame and heat.

Bobby can suck moisture from the air,.... or any nearby watersource without effecting anything else, control his own and any local temperture from ambiant to 100's below kelvan.

I'm not even going into the White Queen's spin on his powers.

If Johhny flies within range, Bobby just pulls the moisture and heat from around him,... he falls and does a mummy.
that is a great point! :xmen:

Varient said:
Geee,... Based on your handle,

I wonder who you "feel" would win? :rolleyes:

Ahahaha, well, we've got an Iceman sn in here too, although he's actually presented facts and what not.

Yes! Here I am. Facts are good. They are the only way to prove something. Such as a battle... :xmen:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"