Sequels "Gambit" starring Channing Tatum? - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty clear Gambit is slated to be the next Wolverine "loner with a dark past" type in the X-Men film mythology (quite possibly X-Force).

I imagine if they really wanted Gambit as part of a team they wouldn't have delayed him so long trying to get him into a solo movie first and foremost so i do agree they probably want to cash in on gambit as a solo character first and foremost rather then what many probably think they are doing with it which is just making a solo so it would be cool to see him in a team after.

Last edited:
Exactly.

Timelinewise, Gambit's probably not going to be part of the younger X-Men team. If we see Gambit show up there, it will be a younger version of the character.

Odds are he'll be a member of X-Force if he teams up with anyone.

Channing Tatum would look outof place with the X-Men stuck in the past. He is as old looking as McAvoy.

and he's more fitting with the original cast in which actors like Shawn, who and Anna are in the same age range as him, while Halle, James and Famke are older than him.

And do we really want everyone in the present to just join the X-Force? I don't. Gambit should be with the X-Men.

He doesn't have to join X-force but they can encounter him on a mission. They could introduce him as a morally ambiguous thief in this movie and have him join the X-men in their movie later.

They could introduce him as a morally ambiguous thief in this movie and have him join the X-men in their movie later.

giphy.gif

The X-Men are in the 90's... How is this supposed to work?

And do we really want everyone in the present to just join the X-Force? I don't. Gambit should be with the X-Men.

Everyone no, but Gambit fits the criteria more then other X-Men. Of course Gambit should be with the X-Men, but it seems sadly we are not getting an X-Men film in the present so other then X-Force he has nowhere else really to go unless Fox and the creative heads change their minds. Or bring to the screen another team like X-Factor.

I'm not a fan of having most the X-Men stuck in the past either, it just seems like they are trying to catch up anyways. The decade jumping is annoying and pointless now. Just go to the present and get it done with.

Last edited:
I imagine they just wanna get the solo movie out right now and ain't being kept awake at night by thoughts of how gambit can interact with the X-Men.

Last edited:
The X-Men are in the 90's... How is this supposed to work?

If they really want to make that happen, it could be a younger version of the Gambit character.

Not that difficult.

Last edited:
I imagine they just wanna get the solo movie out right now and ain't being kept awake at night by thoughts of how gambit can interact with the X-Men.

m4Idw.png

Reason number 1080 why they'll continue to stay in 3rd place going forward. Probably 4th place once the Valiant Cinematic Universe takes off.

Not that difficult.

x24i8XH.png

Then why put him the present in the first place!?

Last edited:
Because that's when the DEADPOOL movie franchise is set and that's when X-FORCE will likely be set.

Read between the lines.

Because that's when DEADPOOL is set and that's when X-FORCE will likely be set.

Read between the lines.

L03yjfR.png

What does Deadpool & X-Force have to do with Gambit?

Gambit is a X-MAN. He's not X-Force... This whole thing is just bad fanfiction

They should just shelve this movie as we always hear the same thing every time. Do want to see Tatum as Gambit, though.

Reason number 1080 why they'll continue to stay in 3rd place going forward. Probably 4th place once the Valiant Cinematic Universe takes off.

Then why put him the present in the first place!?

ouch! that one hurt a bit. i'd say dc's batman vs. superman was on par with xmen apocalypse though. maybe they'd tie in 2nd.

ouch! that one hurt a bit. i'd say dc's batman vs. superman was on par with xmen apocalypse though. maybe they'd tie in 2nd.

No no just in terms of box office returns for the company's.

Everyone no, but Gambit fits the criteria more then other X-Men. Of course Gambit should be with the X-Men, but it seems sadly we are not getting an X-Men film in the present so other then X-Force he has nowhere else really to go unless Fox and the creative heads change their minds. Or bring to the screen another team like X-Factor.

I'm not a fan of having most the X-Men stuck in the past either, it just seems like they are trying to catch up anyways. The decade jumping is annoying and pointless now. Just go to the present and get it done with.

Preach. I hope one day someday one would ring a bell to Fox's mind before it's too late.

Anyway, I would be cool with a XFactor movie. M, Strong Guy, Multiple Man, Gambit, Polaris, Forge... That would be a neat roster.

Last edited:
L03yjfR.png

What does Deadpool & X-Force have to do with Gambit?

Gambit is a X-MAN. He's not X-Force... This whole thing is just bad fanfiction

Word bad fanfiction should be banned in X Men world because if i see your logic 90 % of X-Men mytho is a bad fanfiction.

Since 1963, X-Men world change everytime and has the most crazy storyline in marvel universe.

- Rogue was in love with young Magneto clone
- Cable 'mother is Jean clone
- Rachel Grey-Summers is a X-Men but from alternate time
- Vilain becomes X-Men (Mystique, Magneto, Sabretooth )

So Gambit being in X-Force, is no more crazy than other storyline in comics. Cable, Psylock, Wolverine, X23, Colossus, Archangel, Nightcrawler have been in X-Force but Gambit can't because he was never in the comics ?
X-Force are about grey, bordeline mutant with dark past and Remy fit the criteria. Jesus, he was a thief, worked with Sinister and responsable for a genocide.

He has a darker past than Colossus and Nightcrawler and fit well with Deadpool and Wolverine ( both a kill a lot of people)
Beside, Gambit and Deadpool bromance is up in Marvel too.

portrait_incredible.jpg

Last edited:
So Gambit being in X-Force, is no more crazy than other storyline in comics. Cable, Psylock, Wolverine, X23, Colossus, Archangel, Nightcrawler have been in X-Force but Gambit can't because he was never in the comics ?

Beside, Gambit and Deadpool bromance is up in Marvel too.

zTYM20Y.png

I'm getting ready to leave for a while. But when I get back later on I'm sit down then respond to this.

Last edited:
Yes, anyone could join the X-Force but do they need everyone in that time period to just join the X-Force and just desert the X-Men? Because for some reason the X-Men's adventures just happened in the past.

I don't see the problem either. They already messed up their continuity, big time. Gambit in X-force is where they should draw the line?:huh:

Freakin nightcrawler was in X-force and he's arguably the happiest, fun loving good guy the X-men ever had. Gambit fits this team like a glove, so why not do it?

I think looking at Tatum as Gambit specifically, he could fit pretty well in an X-Force era.

In terms of the character, it makes more sense to throw him into the 90's film where he can interact with the major players. Channing Tatum would be creepily... old standing next to that cast though.

It's hard to give it much thought at all at this point. Is this film really going to happen? It's like another Deadpool situation, except there is no director or fans who care.

Honestly though whats going on with this movie, is it actually happening or not? Im just ready for an official announcement that filming has begun. i just wish they chose another character rather than Gambit for a solo movie, but he is a popular character and Tatum is a sexy popular actor whom is friends with the right people so I can see how they would push this.

I doubt the solo film is still happening. It's not happening anytime soon at least and I don't mind in the slightest because Channing Tatum is not Gambit!

I could see it happening before we know it tbh, it seems like FOX isn't updating fans with the goings on behind the scenes so hearing nothing shouldn't be a sign of nothing is happening.

they should leak some footage à la deadpool to test the waters first, to see if fans are won over and maybe make some buzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"