Sequels "Gambit" starring Channing Tatum? - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is Gambit up to in the comics by the way? The last Gambit related comics i read were the Deadpool v Gambit issues. He's probably fading into obscurity like the rest of the X-men, right?

He was in X-Men's Civil War II mini and hes in Inhumans v X-Men. And he showed up in Uncanny Avenger's & All New Wolverine I think.

He won't get big in comics until Marvel is forced if a movie comes out.

What is Gambit up to in the comics by the way? The last Gambit related comics i read were the Deadpool v Gambit issues. He's probably fading into obscurity like the rest of the X-men, right?

Already there. Gambit really peaked in the mid 90s but remained active into the 00s. he's had a major drop since Marvel took the X-line in a new direction with the move to SF, which he didnt fit into, and he's never quite recovered despite returning with a solo and sporadic apeparances with the team. The best use of him since then was in X-23's old book but even that was shortlived and it was far from him in a major role. He hasnt been featured in a flagship title since arguably Milligan's X-men circa 2006

He's primarily been used as a supporting character in limited capacity. He hasnt had any major role in any of the animated shows since TAS which made him popular nor has he appeared in the movies (outside the one that shall not be mentioned). Marvel nor Fox have really done much to create interest in him and theres a whole new generation of kids that likely dont even know who he is

Last edited:
Sounds like it'd be more beneficial to have him in a supporting role in the present than in the past. Not that Gambit is as obscure as Negasonic, but she's blown up in light of Deadpool, and having Gambit be a supporting player in the present could be beneficial, especially after he came off more as a cameo in X-Men: Origins.

Plus, we already have a full new team in the past and if Fox is still gunning for Channing Tatum, he's gonna stick out compared to the rest of the cast. If we're talking him mingling along folks younger than him, we may as well call his solo film 23 Jump Street.

Truth be told his solo isn't likely being made with much thought of where he will fit team wise into the universe since they wouldn't have put him on the shelf for ages while they wait to green light a solo if that wasn't the case.

Last edited:
90s version of gambit has been fairly popular in Marvel's smartphone app, contest of champions. It's a very addictive game, I'd say like a modern version of xmen vs streetfighter

oddly enough, it's because marvel advertises certain characters well (dr strange a few months ago, this time it's phoenix and they recently introduced cable)

According to Shawn Madden Rogue isn't in the Gambit script he heard about.

Any actual updates on this movie? I hear it won't film this year even if they do get everything together because of Channing Tatum's Magic Mike obligations.

Not surprising that Rogue isn't in any script. Because like who wants to see Rogue in a Gambit movie?

giphy.gif

Maybe in the sequel....

So petty, having Rogue in this movie especially the one weve seen in the prior movies wont make it succeed. Thats just foolish thinking that the OT have that much power. If you dont know Bella Donna they you dont know Gambit.

So petty, having Rogue in this movie especially the one weve seen in the prior movies wont make it succeed. Thats just foolish thinking that the OT have that much power. If you dont know Bella Donna they you dont know Gambit.

The Mariah Carey gif is a meme.

I really don't know her. And once again, some people think it's the love for the original cast and not the character itself because like Rogue was that well developed that we don't need to see her share screentime with someone from the comics that she had so much connection with. Never mind those comics and what was so popular in the comics. It's all about the ot cast.

In no universe is Bella Donna better than Rogue
In what universe did I say that, your flipping my words into something that was never said by me. Reread what I said, I said whether Rogue is in it or not it wont qualify whether this movie flops or does really well especially given the version of Rogue we have received in the movies so far. So idk where you get the impression I said Bella Donna was better.
The Mariah Carey gif is a meme.
Ok.. I just no a fan of Mariah Carey when he acts like a *&(%^

I really don't know her. And once again, some people think it's the love for the original cast and not the character itself because like Rogue was that well developed that we don't need to see her share screentime with someone from the comics that she had so much connection with. Never mind those comics and what was so popular in the comics. It's all about the ot cast.
Because when you make an argument that is usually the case, your love of the OT overshadows everything else so you dont even try to see the positive side of things because your favs arent returning to the movies in a full ensemble piece. Not once have I said screw the comics since I am an avid reader of them but in case some cant read, I said the FIRST movie doesnt have to involve Rogue she can be saved for a sequel if they decide to use Bella Donna, since Rogue wasnt apart of his early years until he joined the XMen. I want them to develop the characters as well but I dont want her included in his movie to take away from his movie, they shouldve utilized her properly in the movies before, no need to squeeze her in this. so dont try the comic argument with me, becaue if your so big on them, they you will know Bella Donna was indeed part of his past with the Guilds not Rogue, so what are you saying _/

Counter-argument is: Rogue in 'Gambit' is a cool idea regardless, so why wait? There's an unspoken assumption that Rogue's inclusion would be forced-in or to the film's detriment in some way, and I don't know why. This is a rare occassion where including an old cast member could improve the film. Rogue kicks ass. Let us see it.

Counter-argument is: Rogue in 'Gambit' is a cool idea regardless, so why wait? There's an unspoken assumption that Rogue's inclusion would be forced-in or to the film's detriment in some way, and I don't know why. This is a rare occassion where including an old cast member could improve the film. Rogue kicks ass. Let us see it.
This movie version of Rogue doesnt kick ass, so reworking her to fit in a Gambit movie would be forced when they can just wait. I know people love them together because I do as well but she dont need to be in this movie for it to succeed. Paquin doesnt have a big box office draw and people arent happy with the representation she has in the films. If it was the Rogue from the comics and cartoons I would be all for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"