Game of Thrones General (Non-Book Related) Discussion Thread - Part 1

It's too early to have a panel focused around D&D's star wars film. Disney is focused on Episode 9 right now.
Who knows, it's clear they were ready to move onto Star Wars, like, four years ago. :o

Most likely scenario? Crowd piles into the hall for the Game of Thrones panel. No one is on the stage. Rains of Castemere starts playing. Confederate flags start playing. People try to leave but doors are locked as D&D descend from the ceiling dressed as Stonewall Jackson and Robert E. Lee. The guests are forced to listen to them talk for an hour about their jank new show. It's a worse night than the Red Wedding. The ultimate subversion of expectations.

It's too early to have a panel focused around D&D's star wars film. Disney is focused on Episode 9 right now.

agreed I don't see any benefit for them to do a GOT panel will they be taking questions I bet not

Itd be nice if the panel was really for GRRM to announce the release date of WOW.

That’d be the only thing that would salvage any such panel. But I figure it’s mostly going to be the likes of Sophie Turner and Maisie Williams showing up and sharing stories about being on set, usual stuff.

I hope they go into Star wars thinking they can do whatever they damn well please, and I hope Kathy ***** slaps them both into line or fires them.

I thought I saw an article or something today that D&D won’t be at SDCC along with the others for the panel? Is that true, or was it just a rumor?

64634023_2357699364283062_4319529934792949760_n.jpg

LOL

I wonder why, I mean they think their finale is so good it should get an Emmy

So I read that they had a scene of 50 direwolves attacking the undead dragon and was cut if true WOW man?

I knew it was not happening them showing up to comic con but we all know the minute they stand in front of people and field questions they will get asked about S8

I hope they go into Star wars thinking they can do whatever they damn well please, and I hope Kathy ***** slaps them both into line or fires them.

Let’s not go too Star Wars fandom on them here.

I really disliked S8. It was a letdown, to be sure. But without these guys we would never have gotten a tv show that for four seasons, is easily one of the best television shows ever produced, hell, one of the best stories in film/tv I’ve ever seen on screen. Yes, they were adapting it, but we all know how horribly wrong adaptations can go. They brought us a product with amazing quality for a long time, and I will always be thankful to them for that.

That said, they dropped the ball at the end. And that’s a bummer. They deserve criticism for it, but let’s not start doing what people did with Star Wars, the whole “I hate you and you ruined what I love!!” Thing. They made some lackluster seasons of TV. And they made some great ones.

We can criticize what we didn’t like without wishing them ill in their future endeavors or hoping they get boo’ed if they show up to comic con.

Let’s not go too Star Wars fandom on them here.

I really disliked S8. It was a letdown, to be sure. But without these guys we would never have gotten a tv show that for four seasons, is easily one of the best television shows ever produced, hell, one of the best stories in film/tv I’ve ever seen on screen. Yes, they were adapting it, but we all know how horribly wrong adaptations can go. They brought us a product with amazing quality for a long time, and I will always be thankful to them for that.

That said, they dropped the ball at the end. And that’s a bummer. They deserve criticism for it, but let’s not start doing what people did with Star Wars, the whole “I hate you and you ruined what I love!!” Thing. They made some lackluster seasons of TV. And they made some great ones.

We can criticize what we didn’t like without wishing them ill in their future endeavors or hoping they get boo’ed if they show up to comic con.
I wouldn't go so far as to wish them ill, but there's a big difference between the hate for Rian Johnson, where he get called a "hack" despite having delivered a quality film, and D&D, who effectively ran their own show into the ground out of sheer boredom, pettiness and an increasingly apparent lack of artistic vision.

I’ll say this much, if D&D deserve any intense dislike, it should be less for their lazy and subpar writing and more for the racial and sexually problematic issues that have plagued their work.

Both Last Jedi and Seasons 7-8 sucked donkey balls, imo. And it feels like in both cases fallout will be heavier than usual. Star Wars re-summoned JJA and I won't be surprised if Rian's trilogy will never see the light of day. And who knows how Disney will react to toxicity that surrounds D&D. It's hard to build hype around them, at least now.

So I read that they had a scene of 50 direwolves attacking the undead dragon and was cut if true WOW man?

I knew it was not happening them showing up to comic con but we all know the minute they stand in front of people and field questions they will get asked about S8

Did they shoot the scene or was it just in a script? If it was in the script only and they never shot it it was either cut for budget, or because of the time it would have taken to shoot it. But neither reason are acceptable when HBO was willing to give D&D however much money and time they needed to make season 8. And if it was filmed and cut during the edit then that's especially infuriating.

-Reason 14,000,605 for hating D&D.

She was too drunk at the time to feel any pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"