Game of Thrones General (Non-Book Related) Discussion Thread - Part 1

Omg I still cant believe they made it a thing where if you kill a white walker all his wights die too. I feel like that's an easy way to get rid of them now

tumblr_p64fwfDJGQ1r3i2gwo1_r1_540.gif

tumblr_p64fwfDJGQ1r3i2gwo2_540.gif

So I'm rewatching the series for like the 5th time, and I want to be able to recognize the dragons better. There's a blue one, a yellow one, and a green one. Does anyone know their names and which one is which?

Well the black one is Drogon. He's the mama's boy of the bunch. The yellow-ish one is Viserion. He's the one the Night King now rides. The green one is Rhaegal. All named after Dany's deceased loved ones - Drogo, Viserys and Rhaegar - of course.

Last edited:
Thanks so much! I assume that Drogon is the biggest of the bunch then. The alpha.

This whole question came from wondering which dragon was turned into a white, so thank you again!

Well the black one is Drogon. He's the mama's boy of the bunch. The yellow-ish one is Viserion. He's the one the Night King now rides. The green one is Rhaegal. All named after Dany's deceased loved ones - Drogo, Viserys and Rhaegar - of course.

If you think about the old rule "it takes a death to make a life" and then apply that to the petrified dragon eggs you find that the 3 lives lost to Dany that meant something to her, Drogo,Viserys and her unborn child were probably the price she had to pay to get them to hatch. And when Viserion died that allowed her to get pregnant again.

If you think about the old rule "it takes a death to make a life" and then apply that to the petrified dragon eggs you find that the 3 lives lost to Dany that meant something to her, Drogo,Viserys and her unborn child were probably the price she had to pay to get them to hatch. And when Viserion died that allowed her to get pregnant again.

Viserys she might have been able to cope with.

You know, the dragonglass stuff was stupid. I was rewatching the season recently and had to stop when Sam said he didn't believe Stannis about dragonglass.

They should have had it that Jon knew all along because Sam told him, and after being crowned king, he sent Davos and a hundred northerners to mine Dragonstone and ship the stuff to the North.

Davos and co. get captured when Dany's fleet arrive. Jon goes because the northerners are ones who fought for him. I don't know, Sam would look less dumb.

Game of Thrones Has Completed Filming on Their Biggest Battle Scene Yet

The GAME OF THRONES-themed site, Watchers on the Wall, got ahold of a picture posted by assistant director Jonathan Quinlan which shows a note thanking the crew for their work on the battle scene. Quinlan added in his caption (the post has been deleted) saying it was done across “55 consecutive nights, 11 weeks, 3 locations.”

VFhbu7O.jpg

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/gam...ming-on-their-biggest-battle-scene-yet-292-02

For comparison, Battle of the Bastards was film in 4-5 weeks. So this battle in season 8 is ****ing huge.

Last edited:
Does somebody here have an expirience with GOT-travelling? I'm thinking about a trip to Europe this summer to visit all the locations where they were filming. As i understand many of the locations are situated in Spain, so i've decided to rent a nice villa in Andalousia https://tranio.com/rent/spain/adt/1729965/ and start my trip from Casterly Rock. What do you think guys? Is it a good idea? If somebody already have done it and has a plan how to movew around Spain, i'll be glad to hear your advice. Thanks

Dude, that is some mad devotion. Respect.

I wish I could help you with the geographical traveling; unfortunately I cannot. But what a wild thing that you are even able to do something like that! Congrats man! I think it's a great idea.

i knew that a gif of her was coming! lol i immediately thought of her when you said 'of course'...

great minds think alike...

damn did i just compliment you?
Yes, and I missed it. :csad:

So when do you guys think we'll get the official word on the final season's premiere date? If I had to guess, I'm thinking maybe an announcement teaser with the Westworld season finale in June.

We won't have a date until either this fall or early next year. As the premiere will probably be March or April 2019, they won't want to start building the hype until well after October and at least folks are starting to think about the new year and not the new fall shows.

So I binge watched the whole show in about a week - for the first time! I never was into fantasy type of movies or shows, I never watched LotR for instance. And I also never liked medieval times in particular or storys set in that age for that matter.

However... I really LOVED Game of Thrones! I liked its rich and deep mythology, the fleshed out, relatable characters, all those machinations and intrigues... and my was I shocked at all the mindf*** moments, like killing of favourite characters.

It took me a while to really get into the show. I guess it got me from S1E09 onwards. And I started to really understand all the connections and relations only by the end of season 3 :D

The only downside: Now I'll have to wait like.. a year for the final season. Like the rest of the world ^^ so at least we're all in this together. I should've started my binging like a week before season 8... dammit....

Im glad you liked it. :)

have they stated what's the budget going to be for the final season?

something ridiculous like 15 million an episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"